USWNT 2023: Journey to a 5th Star

pacman

Smith is fucking horrible. Our attack seems to be 1 v Netherlands D. Dribble and don't look to pass at all. Coaching is fucking horrible.

Our forwards can't hold the ball for shit. Bad first touches, dribbling directly into the defender in front, and no matter what, do not pass.

Edited by crash_davis

2 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

The Dutch are good enough to play keep-away for long stretches and then defend the occasional counter. We are not built to defeat a more skilled, possession-oriented team with good athletes. 

We're down 1-0 because of one bad defensive mistake. After that we started chasing and looked nervous. 

Let's see how they come out after half. They are not a more skilled team than us. They might be smarter and better coached.

3 minutes ago, Captain Ron said:

Uh, that should have been a yellow. She took her out with no attempt at the ball.

She was fairly even on her hip and tied up legs with her in our third. Overly aggressive tackle attempt but not a dangerous challenge in my book that warrants a card. Hard foul.

I wouldn't have been shocked if she got a yellow, however 😆

If the drag down from the collar from behind that they committed very early on wasn't a yellow then that shouldn't have been either.

We can disagree. 

Not dangerous, just sloppy. Card-able doesn't always mean dangerous.

I will say that the ref is letting a little lot more go than I would expect (both ways). So many times I see something in the field and wonder "where's the whistle?" But they play on.

Edited by Captain Ron
  • Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

Smith is fucking horrible. Our attack seems to be 1 v Netherlands D. Dribble and don't look to pass at all. Coaching is fucking horrible.

Our forwards can't hold the ball for shit. Bad first touches, dribbling directly into the defender in front, and no matter what, do not pass.

Been thinking about this one. It's almost like our players don't trust one another.

9 minutes ago, Captain Ron said:

I will say that the ref is letting a little lot more go than I would expect (both ways). So many times I see something in the field and wonder "where's the whistle?" But they play on.

Case in point, the card on Lavelle - that could have been a call (just a foul) the other way right before that.

Edited by Captain Ron

7 minutes ago, Captain Ron said:

Yeah, I've only watched about 20 minutes of this game and I've seen at least 4 yellow card fouls, and finally one was given just now.

11 minutes ago, Captain Ron said:

Yeah and I didn't phrase it well. Just kind of meant in the context of this one. 

9 minutes ago, Captain Ron said:

Been thinking about this one. It's almost like our players don't trust one another.

Like I said - main concern with this team is the focus and mental fortitude. Of course someone mocked me for that take. 

What in the motherfuck was that Grima.