What's happening in Iran?

Parliament

On 9/26/2022 at 10:19 AM, Brisketexan said:

I share this read.  I'd like to be optimistic....but unless the opposition coalesces into an actual revolutionary force and quickly moves to take out regime leadership (and this means killing them), this movement will eventually run out of steam, be put down, and end with a shitload of dead and imprisoned citizens.  Same as it ever was.

Iran doesn't need protests.  It needs a violent revolt with a laser-focus on decapitating the regime.  Until that happens, it's just inspirational noise that will end in disappointment.

Yep, it is growing daily. Love to see it. And the Revolutionary Guard has stayed in the barracks. 

Keep doing what you are doing. I am tracking if you want me to push more on this one? Also got hit with some Africa stuff lately. Oh, and about 125 died today in Indonesia in a riot at a game. 

• Hook 'Em 2

5 hours ago, MillerEP said:

Still following this, but spread thin between Ukraine, this, football, and work. Despite the internet blackouts people are starting to get stuff out:

Yeah, saw more stuff getting out, wonder where they are getting internet….could be the Kurdish areas where they’ve lost some control.

2 hours ago, F250 said:

That last "apocalyptic" video is actually footage from Morgantown last Saturday night.

Or Norman. Or Collie Station. 

Still amazed the Republican Guard has not mobilized. With a revolutionary event, you crush or let it burn out. This one might not go away. 

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

18 days is a long time in these kinds of things.  Something is odd with the leadership.

Yeah....I can't figure out what's going on at that level.  They may be having a hard time rallying the police/troops/IRG to do what they want (slaughter protesters).  And that's where it could break down.  If the folks with guns sit on the sidelines, the regime is at real risk.

• Hook 'Em 2

"That's what our women look like? Fuck this shit, I'm with them."

I mean…could there be something to that? Like a “hmmm….maybe it wouldn’t be so bad if we let all of our attractive women cut loose, and we could maybe party and have a drink.”

Those guys were all traveling to Armenia to party anyway.

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

They can be a rowdy group of people. Not the same situation but a friend of mine once coached a high school softball team for a fall league. One of the infielders made a series of bone headed errors. He made the mistake of correcting her like a baseball player. The girl got upset and cried and then the entire team turned on him and bitched him out all at once. He said he just wanted to run away. lol

• Haha 3

25 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

I’m feeling like this might actually do something.  It’s not slowing down, and the regime is creating more martyrs, and they seem to be losing entire areas.

It would be nice. But, then there is always the concern of what will replace it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

That was me mocking 2nd amendment larpers. Sorry, carry on.

Ahh, I was going to say, the Kurds maybe pretty well armed.

And going after the security cameras in the Kurdish areas (and apparently elsewhere) is brilliants, and should have happened from the start - let the internal security forces go in blind.

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 10/3/2022 at 4:22 PM, Deej said:

"That's what our women look like? Fuck this shit, I'm with them."

It’s probably more like the normal police/army have daughters and wives too. Also the cost of basic necessities has gotten so high that nobody can afford to live.  The only people who can are those directly profiting from the regime (i.e. IRGC leadership) and the true believers (basij).