What's happening in Iran?

Parliament

What is going to be interesting is Bibi Netenyahu is expected to become prime minister in Israel again in a few weeks.  He's a fucking hawk and hates Iran with a passion.  I was driving cross country last weekend and he was on an interview and he stated as much.  He would do everything in his power to help and he basically said he doesn't care about US support anymore because he knows he won't get it. 

19 hours ago, FartingMonk said:

What is going to be interesting is Bibi Netenyahu is expected to become prime minister in Israel again in a few weeks.  He's a fucking hawk and hates Iran with a passion.  I was driving cross country last weekend and he was on an interview and he stated as much.  He would do everything in his power to help and he basically said he doesn't care about US support anymore because he knows he won't get it. 

I have a feeling Israel, while they may not overtly help Ukraine, will go hard in the paint against Iran’s drone manufacturing, and that the strike the other days was just a taste.   Those drones have to concern them quite a bit.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, ocugolf said:

Fan walking from Spain to Qatar World Cup feared missing in Iran (espn.com)

This seems like a bad idea all around.  Hopefully he's still alive, but I don't like his chances.

Not quite the same distance or regions covered obviously, but many of us have backpacked around Europe or parts of South America, and the fact that we are here means most of us paid attention to the second rule of backpacking in foreign countries - always be ready to kill anybody that may even remotely resemble a threat, as well as the third ruler - always find a place to stash a body when you come to a new town.

There’s a reason why so many horror movies have been written about young people traveling, hostels being deadly, serial killers traveling around Europe or South America, etc.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

There’s a reason why so many horror movies have been written about young people traveling, hostels being deadly, serial killers traveling around Europe or South America, etc.

Because when you backpacked you killed anyone who might even remotely resemble a threat and stashed their bodies some place? 

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

Iranian security forces are very poorly led, it’s like nobody is trying to think how they could try and slow down or de-escalate the movement, but instead try and ramp up the engagements with the protestors, and make them believe they have nothing to lose.

Like the "Old Fashioned" types here thinking they can beat their teenagers into submission. "My Dad whipped my ass and I turned out okay!" 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2
  • Rage+1 1

9 minutes ago, CHIEF said:

The protesters need to start taking all of their guns and ammo, then target other police, kill them, and take their guns and ammo. Kind of a domino effect to get armed.

CHIEF

This.  Armed forces coming to attack us?  Nope, they are now a source of weapons and ammo.  Send more!

• Hook 'Em 5

1 hour ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

So yeah, turns out the other day wasn’t the last day of protests.

The revolution gained strength.

They still aren’t able to put down the Kurdish areas, and every kid they murder is another martyr.

And we still haven’t seen a massive military presence capable of shutting down the protests.

• Hook 'Em 2

13 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

They still aren’t able to put down the Kurdish areas, and every kid they murder is another martyr.

And we still haven’t seen a massive military presence capable of shutting down the protests.

I couldn’t help compare that Guard commander’s empty to threat to those of Putin. Every time you draw a line in the sand and you don’t do anything, you look weaker in the eyes of your enemy who then becomes more emboldened.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Schulz2.0 said:

When will the protestors start carrying weapons of their own? I've watched so many of these videos where guys and girls are fighting empty handed. At least bring a butcher knife or a piece of sharpened rebar to the fight. And a rope to hang them up.

Tactics aside, I'm really curious/concerned that there is no one stepping up to lead protests. Once the regime is toppled, the person with the guns will take over, and it could be worse.

1 minute ago, Superhero said:

When will the protestors start carrying weapons of their own? I've watched so many of these videos where guys and girls are fighting empty handed. At least bring a butcher knife or a piece of sharpened rebar to the fight. And a rope to hang them up.

Tactics aside, I'm really curious/concerned that there is no one stepping up to lead protests. Once the regime is toppled, the person with the guns will take over, and it could be worse.

As long as new “leaders” aren’t religious nuts then usually will be better. 

Just an FYI to our Christian Right wing nationalist here who want a religious war here. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

4 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

I legit don't understand how this isn't what they've been doing the last 40 days. 

I honestly think that other people groups don't think like Americans. Fighting guerrilla warfare and revolution is basically bred into us. Not just culturally, but genetically. You had to have the right genetic makeup to fight and survive on the frontier.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Superhero said:

There have been some examples of protestors with knives, brass knuckles, etc.  Not sure how prevalent firearms are for urban Iranians 25 and under.

17 hours ago, NotActuallyALonghorn said:

I honestly think that other people groups don't think like Americans. Fighting guerrilla warfare and revolution is basically bred into us. Not just culturally, but genetically. You had to have the right genetic makeup to fight and survive on the frontier.

Yeah, we'll see. 

this may get put to the test if a certain someone is successful at coming into power again and this time makes a bolder play at a dictatorship. 

As it is Americans have just bent over and taken the corporate dick getting fu ked over increasingly more and more over the last 42 years without even as much as an executed CEO or billionaire. I think Americans talk loud but are soft and weak as fuck as a population. 

• Hook 'Em 1