EPL 2023/24: Oil, Money and Power

Captain Ron

PL is charging Everton (again) and Forest with “breaching profitability and sustainability rules.” Points deductions (a second for Everton) are likely. 

Apparently, the magic number is 115 financial rules violations. That gets you off scott-free. 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2024/jan/15/premier-league-charge-nottingham-forest-everton

Edited by Dutch

18 hours ago, Dutch said:

PL is charging Everton (again) and Forest with “breaching profitability and sustainability rules.” Points deductions (a second for Everton) are likely. 

Apparently, the magic number is 115 financial rules violations. That gets you off scott-free. 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2024/jan/15/premier-league-charge-nottingham-forest-everton

meanwhile...city and chelsea?

what a nakedly and unapologetically corrupt piece of shit organization the epl is.  truly breathtaking.  this is the type of shit you expect to see in continental europe, not england.  but there it is.

• Hook 'Em 5

Wow....  Won everything at the club level and probably would have a few more PL titles without having to deal with "115 Financial Violations Petrostate FC." Plus he took down Bayern while at Dortmund.  Not a bad career.

Compare the above with his introduction.  Dude looks like he's aged 20 years.  

spacer.png

14 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Is anyone this obsessed?

So obsessed that you stage press conferences after matches?

IMG_0996.thumb.jpeg.6645ad15ecedb7c98f675573a90f6abc.jpeg

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C0bH2ORMph0/?igsh=MWEzdDhhbXg3bzVvcA==

I enjoyed it, but holy shit the game can be a major time sink. I haven't really played since my kids were born.

Edited by Schulz2.0

without linking literally dozens of videos here, i’m just going to say that for the last 24 hours my twitter feed has been nothing but videos of EPL managers celebrating like madmen, with probably 90% of the clips being jurgen klopp going absolutely apeshit in celebrations on innumerable occasions. all of this in response to yet another round of widespread criticism of arteta/arsenal for celebrating another huge win.

these attacks on arteta and arsenal players for celebrating, attacks which have been going on all year, are the dumbest, pettiest, most small dick, loser mentality shit i’ve ever seen from sports pundits and fans. that the majority of the criticism keeps coming from liverpool fans and former players is embarrassing for these people. the stance itself is indefensible loser garbage, but the fact that it keeps coming from members/fans of the club with the most over the top HC in world football makes it insanely pathetic. rant over…..until the next time we have a reason to celebrate and jamie carragher and co. get all pissy again.

Edited by shadow_operative

and FTR liverpool has always been my second favorite epl club, full of players i love, and a manager (klopp), who is my favorite manager in world football. but for people who support and/or represent that club to constantly be crying about arteta/arsenal celebrating big wins is the most aggy shit i have ever seen in the EPL, and that includes tottenham fans who’ve literally never seen their team win a trophy claiming their club/players are bigger than arsenal. 

Edited by shadow_operative