2023 Fuck Fantasy Football

closetohumping

i feel like my entire fantasy career has been defined by having my 1st picked WR get injured and then hoping that Kadarius Toney somehow finds the end zone. I lost last week and this week is still up in the air but goddamn I am happy with having picked up Noah Brown a few weeks back as my starting guys started getting into bye weeks. He may stay above Addison or Aiyuk, damn.

And thank you Raiders. Although watching that game.... I picked up the Raiders D because it was available and from a projected points/rostered perspective they looked more attractive than what i currently had (minnesota). I still have Minny, after watching that game last night I'm not sure how much to trust the D given how bad their O is at moving the ball.

I also picked up Dicker the Kicker last week because J. Sanders had a bye. Honestly... I think I'm going to drop Sanders in order to find a replacement TE this week. His projected points this week are 8.91 (more than Dickers 7.63) but he's been strictly mediocre since week 4.

My big question this week is who to sit, out of 

Tyreek Hill
Jordan Addison
Brandon Aiyuk
Noah Brown

Tyreek is obviously always a starter. I feel like I have to keep Noah Brown active after ripping off 21.3 and 17.2 in consecutive weeks. He's been a top receiver for the hottest QB in the league, not sure what's going on with the other WR injuries for the Texans but I feel like he sticks around even if everyone is at full health.

Addison has been a higher performer than Aiyuk over the course of the season, but not as much over the past few weeks. Dobbs is a cool story but it's still an iffy qb situation. Justin Jefferson might come back as well. I'm kinda leaning sit Addison play Aiyuk.

On 11/12/2023 at 6:49 PM, HiggyBaby said:

Etienne let me down today. I just need the Buffalo defense to outperform James Cook on the offensive side.

My favorite part of last night was watching Cook get some between end zones but not scoring. The Bills D had just enough of a pulse to put me over the top. Although I’m done with them for the season. Too banged up. Let’s see if the MIA D can step up now. 

10-team league, so most rosters are decent. I offered CJ & Addison for Amon-Ra. He has TLaw coming off a horrific week & Fields coming off death. His other WRs are JJ/Amari/Tank/Boyd. I'm 6-4 in 5th, he's 5-5 in 7th (out of playoffs). 

He declined, not sure I understand that one. Guess he's going down with TLaw. 

Another week of trying to piece together RB rotations because of Bijan's bye and waiting for Kyren Williams to come back from IR next week 🙏

• Gus Bus vs. Cincinnati - but how much run does Mitchell get? Gus Bus is good for goal line situations
  • Tyson Chandler vs. Denver - if Mattinson is truly out and Dobbs will limit his running to due his ankle
  • Khalil Herbert vs. Detroit - if he's back this week (he did not get activated to play last week) and D'Onta is managing an ankle injury

Biggest issue is all 3 of them share the backfield with a running QB (Lamar, Dobbs, Herbert) that takes away touches. I really need Williams back next week. 

And the QB dilemma:

• Josh Allen - do I wait and see how he does with Joe Brady calling plays? Tempted to sit him regardless bc he was ASS versus the Jets earlier in the year
  • Dak - but Carolina has a good defense
  • Purdy - probably where I'm going for this week against TB (Stroud had a 40 point fantasy game against them)

Ain't falling for no shenanigans with Hockenson this week - ohh he's so dinged up and will be limited, then explodes for 30.4 points and I would have won last week by a point if I started him. 

I’ve been busy with life/work/kids/rangers baseball this fall and have done 99% less fantasy updates than compared to the last decade. I’ve utilized ESPN’s projected points as the tiebreaker almost every time.

Pretty good outcome for the most part this year; can’t imagine I’ll ever spend 2 hours a week listening to New Jersey douche bags talking about waiver wire adds and streaming defenses. 

24 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

I’ve been busy with life/work/kids/rangers baseball this fall and have done 99% less fantasy updates than compared to the last decade. I’ve utilized ESPN’s projected points as the tiebreaker almost every time.

Pretty good outcome for the most part this year; can’t imagine I’ll ever spend 2 hours a week listening to New Jersey douche bags talking about waiver wire adds and streaming defenses. 

I always do worse when I listen to those guys.  

• Hook 'Em 1

30 minutes ago, Celery Man said:

I mean I’d be nuts to play Purdy over Jackson right?

yeah fuck that. I mean I just spoke it into existence, so Jackson will have a bad night and Purdy will go off, but that’s stupid.

Wild stat I saw today that Lamar Jackson has only been part of 1 Ravens TD in their last 11 offensive TDs. Otherwise it’s been Edwards or Mitchell 

Excited I Like It GIF by LA Clippers

Time to start making some moves in my league  if Burrow is out for extended time and with Andrews out for the season to bolster my WR corp headed into the last few games of the season. Kyren coming back + Bijan + Gus is enough to get me through the rest of the season on the RB front. 

Been holding onto Allen/Purdy/Dak and Ferguson - should be some good trade pieces for some willing partners.

3 hours ago, Js1 said:

Time to start making some moves in my league  if Burrow is out for extended time and with Andrews out for the season to bolster my WR corp headed into the last few games of the season. Kyren coming back + Bijan + Gus is enough to get me through the rest of the season on the RB front. 

Been holding onto Allen/Purdy/Dak and Ferguson - should be some good trade pieces for some willing partners.

Burrow is done for the year. Last year was a dream as I avoided serious injury when it came to my big guns and I cruised all season in both my leagues. This year has been the opposite, with IR just peppering both rosters. As it turns out, I picked up Goff as my backup to Burrow, and had been playing him here and there already depending on matchup, so it could be worse. But the backup  QBs available now are pretty much shit. If Goff gets hurt leading into the playoffs I would be proper fucked. 

IR and injuries galore have been the theme of the year. Just scanning some rosters, so many O and IR designations. 

I think I can survive the season with Kyrin, Bijan, Gus Bus and Khalil Herbert at RB. I think I need to see if I can grab Thielen from my friend, depending on how Carolina’s OC change goes. I need WR help - Keenan Allen doesn’t disappoint and Rashee Rice is good for 10+, he’s the best WR on the Chiefs when he gets the ball. They just don’t throw to their WRs much. 

It just is up to me if I want to get rid of Dak, Purdy or Allen. I need to see how Joe Brady calling the offense for Allen looks after Sunday. 

I might dangle a Ferguson for Christian Kirk trade as well. 

But after this week, pretty sure KC faces a whole shit ton of backup QBs in a row

With Mattinson clearing concussion protocols, should I:

Start Herbert, with what sounds like an ankle issue for Foreman

Start Chandler and assume he’s splitting with Mattinson

Pick up and start Henderson

Man I can’t wait for Kyren to be back next week and finally stop making my RB starts so difficult every week

On 11/16/2023 at 7:55 PM, Celery Man said:

I mean I’d be nuts to play Purdy over Jackson right?

yeah fuck that. I mean I just spoke it into existence, so Jackson will have a bad night and Purdy will go off, but that’s stupid.

16 hours ago, Js1 said:

Thank Christ I didn’t play Dak over Purdy 

yeah i was feeling good about having stuck with Lamar (still am, pretty much) but Purdy got an additional 3 points over Lamar's pretty solid performance in yahoo standard scoring.

fucking kw3. I should still have enough for the win unless DeVonta Smith goes off.

Well, it's looking like in my Vampire league I'm going to win again (win number 6). Unfortunately, I'm at a loss at the player I should steal from my opponent this week.

I have: 

CMC

Bijan

Chase

AJ Brown

Kelce

That I have stolen.

So if you could have one player on your roster going forward the rest of the season, would you rather have:

Mixon

Mostert

Diggs

Diggs seems like the obvious choice, but his regression the last few weeks, coupled with a week 13 bye has me second guessing. Mostert has Achane back to split carries (I'm aware of the Achane re-injury concerns). I don't know if the Burrow injury is a positive or a negative for Mixon.

Any thoughts?

11 minutes ago, UnivTex34 said:

Well, it's looking like in my Vampire league I'm going to win again (win number 6). Unfortunately, I'm at a loss at the player I should steal from my opponent this week.

I have: 

CMC

Bijan

Chase

AJ Brown

Kelce

That I have stolen.

So if you could have one player on your roster going forward the rest of the season, would you rather have:

Mixon

Mostert

Diggs

Diggs seems like the obvious choice, but his regression the last few weeks, coupled with a week 13 bye has me second guessing. Mostert has Achane back to split carries (I'm aware of the Achane re-injury concerns). I don't know if the Burrow injury is a positive or a negative for Mixon.

Any thoughts?

Yeah, I'd be all in on Diggs.  Mixon will be hurt with Burrow out.  If the offense can't move or falls behind, his value will be less. 

My friend has the following for me to trade her Dak. I’m keeping Allen and Purdy

Kamara 
Thielen

Deebo 

Hopkins

My skill players now are Bijan,, Kyren Williams, Rashee Rice, Keenan Allen. Drake London, Gus Edwards. I’m probably dropping Gabe Davis anyhow. I think I prefer Kamara