2023 Fuck Fantasy Football

closetohumping

49 minutes ago, Hammerin Hank said:

On the team that I thought was the best of my 4, I’ve now lost Nick Chubb and Mike Williams to season ending knee injuries. Fuck me

Yep. Have both of them on one of my teams as well. 

I like FF okay but there is always soooo much luck involved. 

Edited by ztejas
  • Rage+1 1

20 hours ago, CurlyDumps said:

Justin Fields is so fucking terrible. Finally gets into the red zone after 3 quarters of pathetic failing then drives his own head into the ground and concusses himself. Shout out to the consensus top five preseason ranking by the "experts." He's the worst QB in the league.

Yeah fuck this scrub. I thought he would at least rack up some yards on the ground and maybe a rushing TD, but watching that game, he would be third string at OSU if he transferred back

I am in a snake draft league where QBs flew off of the board too early so I sat back. My QBs are Daniel Jones and Richardson. Team is pretty stacked otherwise. Stroud is available and I have top waiver priority. 

Who to cut? Reed has been productive but will he be when Watson gets back? I'm almost thinking London. That offense/QB situation is terrible. 

Drake London, Hollywood Brown, Jayden Reed, Achane, D Jones or stand pat?

2 hours ago, Baboontyme said:

I am in a snake draft league where QBs flew off of the board too early so I sat back. My QBs are Daniel Jones and Richardson. Team is pretty stacked otherwise. Stroud is available and I have top waiver priority. 

Who to cut? Reed has been productive but will he be when Watson gets back? I'm almost thinking London. That offense/QB situation is terrible. 

Cut Daniel Jones. He’s done nothing to deserve a roster spot 

5 hours ago, Baboontyme said:

in a 1 qb league? Just keep the 2 qb’s you have. 

21 hours ago, HiggyBaby said:

So with Williams out, rate these waiver wire WR’s in my standard league. I have them in my order but that’s just me

Tank Dell
Joshua Palmer
Adam Thielen (he seems QB dependent )

I have some similar WRs available and it seems just like luck if you hit on one of them. I agree with your ranking. Dell seems to have the most upside.

1 QB league for the record. Just think Stroud has higher upside right now. To be fair to Danny Dimes the teams he has stunk it up against are the 2 best defensive teams in the league it appears. 

I tried to line up a 1 for 2 trade to upgrade at RB but the F Pros trade analyzer really seems to love my 2 RBs, a lot more than I do. In a PPR league would you trade Rhamondre or Mixon SU for Aaron Jones? I think I would but it's telling me rest of season this is a 5% hit for me and if I add London or Reed to 'sweeten the pot' it's a 15% hit. WTF. Just to try to even it out I added Josh Allen on his side and Danny Dimes on my side and it says that's even. I would think 100% of FF players would laugh at that trade proposal. 

And yes, aware of Jones' hamstring issue, he's my RB in my other league. My read is they were being overly cautious holding him out b/c they have a big divisional game coming up on a short week. I think he's fine going forward. 

Edited by Baboontyme

5 hours ago, Baboontyme said:

1 QB league for the record. Just think Stroud has higher upside right now. To be fair to Danny Dimes the teams he has stunk it up against are the 2 best defensive teams in the league it appears. 

I tried to line up a 1 for 2 trade to upgrade at RB but the F Pros trade analyzer really seems to love my 2 RBs, a lot more than I do. In a PPR league would you trade Rhamondre or Mixon SU for Aaron Jones? I think I would but it's telling me rest of season this is a 5% hit for me and if I add London or Reed to 'sweeten the pot' it's a 15% hit. WTF. Just to try to even it out I added Josh Allen on his side and Danny Dimes on my side and it says that's even. I would think 100% of FF players would laugh at that trade proposal. 

And yes, aware of Jones' hamstring issue, he's my RB in my other league. My read is they were being overly cautious holding him out b/c they have a big divisional game coming up on a short week. I think he's fine going forward. 

I like to use the CBS weekly trade chart for quick, dumb math. No one would trade Allen and Jones for that package. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Firemans4Horn said:

I like to use the CBS weekly trade chart for quick, dumb math. No one would trade Allen and Jones for that package. 

Haven't seen this one before, thanks for the heads up. Fantasy Pros is off their shit, I probably need to stop listening to those dudes who made me draft Mike Pittman and Courtland Sutton in Round 3 last year. 

22 hours ago, CurlyDumps said:

It's 90% luck and 10% luck anyway.

this math certainly checks out for me

Lamar Jackson, Tyreek Hill, Jordan Addison, Brandon Aiyuk, Travis Etienne, and Kenneth Walker. With Marvin Mims killing it as a sub for Aiyuk last week and Pacheco doing well on the bench. Feeling good so far this year, I'm probably jinxing it right now. I can't figure out what to do with Darren Waller vs Hunter Henry but I don't think it makes much of a shit anyways. I'm going to keep riding with Waller for now, so he'll probably continue to eke out 1.7 points.

1 hour ago, tokamak said:

David Montgomery was limited in practice all week. Lot of chatter this week about how they're going to start getting Gibbs more involved going forward. So of course I put Montgomery on the bench and he has 2 TDs in the first half.

Fuck fantasy football.

Make it 3 😂

• Rage+1 1

11 hours ago, tokamak said:

David Montgomery was limited in practice all week. Lot of chatter this week about how they're going to start getting Gibbs more involved going forward. So of course I put Montgomery on the bench and he has 2 TDs in the first half.

Fuck fantasy football.

My opponent started him.  I started Aaron Jones and Musgrave.

Fuck fantasy football, indeed.

• Hook 'Em 2

21 minutes ago, Darth Tron said:

My opponent started him.  I started Aaron Jones and Musgrave.

Fuck fantasy football, indeed.

Yeah I started Musgrave in the same league

My other TE is Pat Freiermutherfucker, who every "expert" ranks as like the 8th best TE every week and then he gets 3 fucking targets. I don't get it.

• Haha 1