2023 Fuck Fantasy Football

closetohumping

If you could have one WR going forward in a half point PPR league, would you prefer Davante Adams or Jamar Chase? 

My gut says it's a no brainer with Chase, but with the Bengals slow start and Burrow potentially being out a few weeks, am I overthinking by even considering Adams? (I'm aware of his concussion).

Here is the kicker. I have neither of them right now. And I can take either of them without giving up anything (vampire league). So if you could have either, on your roster for the rest of the season, who would it be? 

12 hours ago, UnivTex34 said:

If you could have one WR going forward in a half point PPR league, would you prefer Davante Adams or Jamar Chase? 

My gut says it's a no brainer with Chase, but with the Bengals slow start and Burrow potentially being out a few weeks, am I overthinking by even considering Adams? (I'm aware of his concussion).

Here is the kicker. I have neither of them right now. And I can take either of them without giving up anything (vampire league). So if you could have either, on your roster for the rest of the season, who would it be? 

Well I won. Any thoughts on this question, or am I an idiot over thinker?

29 minutes ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

When you gotta decide, by tomorrow night? I’d still take Chase if there’s no official word Hollywood Joe is dead for awhile. 

What is a vampire league? I’m in a Guillotine one where the lowest-scoring team is cut each week, but those FAs have to be bid on. 

So the gist of Vampire, the winner from the previous year does not draft. the other 11 members do. Vampire then creates a team immediately after the draft via waivers. Every time the vampire wins, he get to select any player from the team he beats. So in reality, it’s 11-1, with the idea of not allowing the vampire to get on a roll, because once he does, he can basically create a team of superstars. Last year the vamp won 4 games all season, and still nearly made the playoffs. If your have a good league, they coordinate their FAAB bids so the Vamp can never pick up steam and pick up any decent players. Typically, you also want everyone carrying at least two QB’s to keep those weapons from the vamp. But with the rash of injuries, and some new members of this league, they don’t understand how it works. We have never had a vamp win a game before week 6, so I’m in uncharted territory winning in week 2. The question now, do I go for easy points with Davante, or play the long game with Chase. My decision only has a timeline of before the Thursday night games, but I’m already overthinking this it would seem.

Edited by UnivTex34
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

I meant Hollywood Joe as in Burrow. If he's not officially ruled out for multiple weeks before TNF, I'd still roll Chase. 

Ridley & Nacua are the two names everyone will be bidding on in my Guillotine, that dude also had Chubb. 

Yeah i realized that an edited after i re-read your post. 

The guy I just beat also has Nacua and Swift. I was somehow able to snag Moss and Kyren for my RB’s off the waivers, so that is why I’m concentrating on WR’s. 

Sitting on 4 Top 20 RB’s in McCaffrey, Etienne, Walker III, and Mostert. While everyone else was going and getting the glamour receivers and quarterbacks in the first couple of rounds, I went deep on the backs. I mean it’s a standard league, I’m not getting points for catches just td’s.
It’s gonna pay off I have a feeling as trade bait with all the other running backs dropping left and right.
Currently 2-0 in a solid second place.

10 hours ago, UnivTex34 said:

Yeah i realized that an edited after i re-read your post. 

The guy I just beat also has Nacua and Swift. I was somehow able to snag Moss and Kyren for my RB’s off the waivers, so that is why I’m concentrating on WR’s. 

I might take Swift. You can flex him, right? 

• Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I might take Swift. You can flex him, right? 

I can.

But as it stands, I have two starting RB's, and not a single WR1, and possibly not a single WR2 on my roster. My wideouts are the glaring weak spot that I'm trying to address. See attached for what I have. I have waiver claims in for Reynolds and McLaurin as they got dropped this week, but I have the feeling folks are going to finally wake up and not let me win these claims. I have to be strategic not to blow all of my FAAB dollars to early in the season.

Screenshot2023-09-19at10_21_31AM.png.c2bdad0599c205547246bd73660a44e1.pngScreenshot2023-09-19at10_21_36AM.png.61a3d389e952b5b096bf59c0495c4d3e.pngScreenshot2023-09-19at10_21_43AM.png.b8637b6d4762073d62404e6df2b7da16.png

Just now, Celery Man said:

Stick with Darren Waller at TE or pull Hunter Henry off the bench and see if he keeps his streak going? non-ppr

Man, I love me some Waller, but that offense in NY stinks. Who are they playing this week? 

I have subbed out Henry for Laporta this week, so expect Henry to go off again.

• Hook 'Em 1

39 minutes ago, UnivTex34 said:

I can.

But as it stands, I have two starting RB's, and not a single WR1, and possibly not a single WR2 on my roster. My wideouts are the glaring weak spot that I'm trying to address. See attached for what I have. I have waiver claims in for Reynolds and McLaurin as they got dropped this week, but I have the feeling folks are going to finally wake up and not let me win these claims. I have to be strategic not to blow all of my FAAB dollars to early in the season.

Screenshot2023-09-19at10_21_31AM.png.c2bdad0599c205547246bd73660a44e1.pngScreenshot2023-09-19at10_21_36AM.png.61a3d389e952b5b096bf59c0495c4d3e.pngScreenshot2023-09-19at10_21_43AM.png.b8637b6d4762073d62404e6df2b7da16.png

But you're flexing a WR. If Swift is ppg the best of your options then the delta between playing him vs playing WR3 is higher than playing WR1 over WR3.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, ztejas said:

But you're flexing a WR. If Swift is ppg the best of your options then the delta between playing him vs playing WR3 is higher than playing WR1 over WR3.

While true, Swift had .8 points in week one. And in that offense with so many options, my concern is it will be feast or famine to the extreme. Especially, because with Hurts, he's not even the primary goal line guy.

15 hours ago, CurlyDumps said:

Justin Fields is so fucking terrible. Finally gets into the red zone after 3 quarters of pathetic failing then drives his own head into the ground and concusses himself. Shout out to the consensus top five preseason ranking by the "experts." He's the worst QB in the league.

Thankfully I only have him on two of my teams.  Mac Jones anyone?  Good lord