2023 Fuck Fantasy Football

closetohumping

Sigh. How did Diggs fall off the map? My 1st round pick. Chubb was my 2nd pick.To be fair I winged it and almost won. Would have placed 2nd but my opponent had 180 in the 1st round of the playoffs.

I researched for 1 hour before the draft. How much time do you guys take to prepare for the draft? 1st time playing since University.

13 hours ago, Firemans4Horn said:

I have gabe but am losing no sleep over having him on my bench. He has 8 catches the last 5 weeks with 3 0’s. 

chandler or swift in ppr?

I dropped that asshole.  Would get zero when I started him and 25 on my bench.  Zero regrets.  And I’m thin af at WR.  RB I have Kyren, Mixon, Jacobs, and Walker III.  

Made semis for 5k buy in league again but looks shitty.  He has Fields and McCaffrey.  I have Baker to Godwin and Kyren already failed to match Olave.  Oh well. 

25 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

I dropped that asshole.  Would get zero when I started him and 25 on my bench.  Zero regrets.  And I’m thin af at WR.  RB I have Kyren, Mixon, Jacobs, and Walker III.  

Made semis for 5k buy in league again but looks shitty.  He has Fields and McCaffrey.  I have Baker to Godwin and Kyren already failed to match Olave.  Oh well. 

lol felt the same way about benching Gabe. Was like multiple weeks of 0s 

All on track for #1 versus #2 champ weeks in my league. I did my part with a projected 50 point win - I still have Rice, Justin Tucker and the Denver defense. 

Allen,  Kyren and Bijan easily overcame Hock’s injury and Dionate and Tyson Chandler both in single digits 

Up 6, with javonte williams, CMC, Rashee Rice, and Chiefs D left. He has Hurts and Sutton. Outcome could go either way since my dumb ass started Taysom Hill and Agnew (everyone else hurt). Still anxious though cause this is my family league and in the semis against my know it all high school age nephew who talked big shit before the year and when I asked something about the draft order (forgot what) he replied, "Trust me, I know what I'm talking about. I spend hours and hours researching this and I've beat you every year of the league". 

Mind you, this is my 3rd year ever and the first that I actually am trying as well as not auto-drafting; the first year I had no clue what I was doing so was just looking to socialize due to Covid and the second did not pay attention at all since this was a fun league and i only cared about my $$$ league.  

But really only mentioning that cause in the other semis the 1st place team is about to get trounced. They've outscored everyone by a lot and also picked up Kupp and JTaylor on waivers back in week 5 or whatever week they were both back after being hurt all year (the team that dropped them both was trying hard for a win right away). 

Good luck to all still playing and happy holidays!

On 12/23/2023 at 9:58 PM, Enemy07 said:

Sigh. How did Diggs fall off the map? My 1st round pick. Chubb was my 2nd pick.To be fair I winged it and almost won. Would have placed 2nd but my opponent had 180 in the 1st round of the playoffs.

I researched for 1 hour before the draft. How much time do you guys take to prepare for the draft? 1st time playing since University.

If playing a snake draft, mock drafting with your league parameters is invaluable. Gives you a feel with what the draft is going to look like so you can craft a good strategy, and you know the board so surprises in the middle of the draft don’t throw you off your plan. Don’t have to really do much of it (I maybe run 6 to 8 total) but ever since I started doing it my teams have performed much better overall. 

• Like 1

Holy shit. Was in a 2 week matchup that I really had no shot at going into tonight facing Purdy and CMC, but then Purdy sucked and got hurt and put up a goose egg, and those passes by Darnold to Aiyuk at the end won it for me. I was sweating that last CMC goal line carry. I won by 3.

Made the finals in 3/4 leagues, bitches.

I lost Hock in one league, but it’s a ridiculous 8 team one so there’s decent options available at least.

Anyone know how NFL.com leagues determine tiebreakers? In the same league as above, my brother tied down to the hundredths (pending any stat corrections). He would face me which would be cool, but I have no idea if the commish (whom he is facing) will have to make the call or not.

I lost Hock in one league, but it’s a ridiculous 8 team one so there’s decent options available at least.

Anyone know how NFL.com leagues determine tiebreakers? In the same league as above, my brother tied down to the hundredths (pending any stat corrections). He would face me which would be cool, but I have no idea if the commish (whom he is facing) will have to make the call or not.

Update. He lost by .2 on the Lamar kneel down at the end.
  • Rage+1 1

finals week. have a bit of a question I don't feel strongly for either way. in a money league or really anywhere that has money involved i guess, is it kosher or at least the "right thing" to do to offer to split the plot in the final regardless of winner? I was under the impression it was from some ffb veterans I met but honestly, I have no clue.

Is it league dependent or more universally understood either way: to just let winner win or to instead split pot but bragging rights go to the points winner? Still new to the game so just trying not to be a dick in my money league. 

50 minutes ago, Anton Chigurh said:

Holy shit. Was in a 2 week matchup that I really had no shot at going into tonight facing Purdy and CMC, but then Purdy sucked and got hurt and put up a goose egg, and those passes by Darnold to Aiyuk at the end won it for me. I was sweating that last CMC goal line carry. I won by 3.

Made the finals in 3/4 leagues, bitches.

Yeah, well, I know the 4th! 

9 hours ago, achooloco said:

finals week. have a bit of a question I don't feel strongly for either way. in a money league or really anywhere that has money involved i guess, is it kosher or at least the "right thing" to do to offer to split the plot in the final regardless of winner? I was under the impression it was from some ffb veterans I met but honestly, I have no clue.

Is it league dependent or more universally understood either way: to just let winner win or to instead split pot but bragging rights go to the points winner? Still new to the game so just trying not to be a dick in my money league. 

Why split the pot, just out of niceness? I guess if it’s a huge amount of money. Does your league give the whole pot to the winner? We are doing 1st place gets 62.5%, runner up gets 25% and 3rd place gets their buy-in money back. 

• Hook 'Em 1

My magic run from 2-6 ended in the semis. Purdy had 2 points, Sam Howell had -2 on my bench. I would have gotten my ass kicked no matter who I played. 

In my other league I'm absolutely rolling - but our commish set it up as a 2 week championship with week 2 being the last week of the season. Fully expecting some fucky shit in week 18.

I could have hung 190 in a 9 player, single flex PPR. 

Screenshot_20231226_084955_Fantasy.thumb.jpg.e191e5b6034eabb2814e2e43b28e4cc4.jpg

Screenshot_20231226_085007_Fantasy.thumb.jpg.dd2111a01ea49d787f5995daae624b00.jpg