Taylor Sheridans Lawman: Bass Reeves

GreenspointTexas

• 2 months later...

In!

It’s gonna have Eastern District of Texas all over it when he comes to Paris for that Fannin County action! All of us have been hype, I had to miss when Ty came to present to us EDTX folks last year, the deputy marshals were all hyped because he brought one of his pistols.

My wife liked/didn’t like the first episode; she can’t stomach slave-era trauma.

We are in hard

Solid first episode. 

It's a crying shame that he fired off three shots from that Colt dragoon and then swam a river without likely having a good chance to clean it. That pretty much ruins that gun. Gotta laugh at how he is crack shot at swift draw and from a galloping horse despite probably never having a chance to practice. And also the unnecessary rocks in the chinking in the slave cabin.  Artistic liberties I guess, but come on. 

Still a good show so far and hopefully they don't amp up the ridiculousness. 

• 4 weeks later...

Finished it today.  Thought it went a little Mandolorian with some of the random adventures.  Also figured the last 4-5 episodes shit was gonna go bad at the house, also.  Lots of loose ends, but that's OK too.  I was entertained.

2 hours ago, slorch said:

Finished it today.  Thought it went a little Mandolorian with some of the random adventures.  Also figured the last 4-5 episodes shit was gonna go bad at the house, also.  Lots of loose ends, but that's OK too.  I was entertained.

They probably could have nixed a couple of those episodes and built up the Ranger Pierce storyline a bit more. The ending felt a little rushed.

Overall, it was a pretty good series.

• 4 weeks later...