2023 Tailgate Thread of Dominance

immamac

Just now, TreatyOak said:

Yeah, that was really fun. I really enjoyed getting to meet you and your beautiful and absolutely hilarious fiancé. She is a pistol and you do not want to mess with her! Thanks so much to @immamac for EVERYTHING you have done to create this amazing little community.  

Sorry/not sorry she gave you shit about your shirt.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, South Austin said:

Had a great time yesterday. I got to meet @TreatyOak and watch my fiancé and @ChickenNuggets spar in a political debate (she didn’t get the “take that shit to Cloak Room” memo).

Thanks again for the hospitality. 

Will you be at the tech game? I’d love to meet you and see your mom again. Haha

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

• immamac unpinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Jobernaut said:

It will be my first Surly tailgate as well. Longtime lurker here that never had an account but I plan to bring my lady, dad, and a friend.

It is my understanding that it’s $20 a head and we can pay when we arrive? 

That’s kinda when it’s full service. I got sick yesterday and didn’t get to do really anything I wanted to so idk how much the tailgate is gonna be anything besides a simple place to hang with a tent. @Tex48 probably doesn’t wanna drive a whole extra hour in the morning to grab the tv. 

I’ll see what I can do today remotely to just have beer and food for pickup somewhere central, but I’m traveling all day and swamped with family stuff until this evening. Tomorrow is a dead day with no one working. 

2 hours ago, immamac said:

That’s kinda when it’s full service. I got sick yesterday and didn’t get to do really anything I wanted to so idk how much the tailgate is gonna be anything besides a simple place to hang with a tent. @Tex48 probably doesn’t wanna drive a whole extra hour in the morning to grab the tv. 

I’ll see what I can do today remotely to just have beer and food for pickup somewhere central, but I’m traveling all day and swamped with family stuff until this evening. Tomorrow is a dead day with no one working. 

Ok, good to know. We will still be down around the stadium checking out the Bevo Blvd activities early afternoon but we will definitely still stop by and see the tailgate site and try to meet some people. We plan to come to more next year if it will continue. 🤘

3 hours ago, immamac said:

Just get @Steel Shank and @Brisketexan to provide leftovers

• Hook 'Em 1

On 11/21/2023 at 10:09 PM, Jobernaut said:

It will be my first Surly tailgate as well. Longtime lurker here that never had an account but I plan to bring my lady, dad, and a friend.

It is my understanding that it’s $20 a head and we can pay when we arrive? 

If you've lurked long enough you know that there are certain rules when mentioning women.

20 minutes ago, South Austin said:

My little brother got his arm stuck in the microwave. So my mom had to take him to the hospital. My grandma dropped acid this morning, and she freaked out. She hijacked a busload of penguins. So it’s sort of a family crisis.

Not cool to use your mom like everyone else has. 

• Haha 1