“New” Mexico at aggy - ESPN

Pancho

I wonder how they compare him to Manziel. The little bit of this game I've watched, Weigman has looked sharp and cool. I think NM was getting some pressure, and Weigman reacted well. Some great Aggie catches, too.

Their problem is NM getting pressure. NM doesn't have the athletes to cover the Aggie WR corps. Not sure what the Aggies will be able to tell from this contest. Like most of us, next week will tell us something.

4 minutes ago, Augustus said:

How about LSU's secondary?

I guess if 12 completions does something for you, most of which were against a run defense because of the 50 rushes for 274. 

that said, with his handful of chances so far he has done well and I understand the optimism.  

Edited by Pato del Muerto

2 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I guess if 12 completions does something for you, most of which were against a run defense because of the 50 rushes for 274. 

that said, with his handful of chances so far he has done well and I understand the optimism.  

The 67% completion rate was more important than the total completions.

But there's never been any question Weigman was extremely talented.  It's just nice to finally see it on the field after the Calzada year and last year's misery.

1 hour ago, HuntinHorn said:

Weigman seems like the real deal accuracy wise…. Unfortunately

re: Texas A&M: So far so good with THE ExperimentPosted on 9/2/23 at 8:41 pm to Shooter
bkm1.png
Considering we lost to Appalachian State last year, I’ll take the win, no matter how unimpressive the opponent. And Weigman’s play at QB tonight is as solid as I’ve seen in College Station since Manziel left.

2 hours ago, theBigHen said:

He’s making plays but I mean cmon. These guys are wide fuckin open almost every play lol. 

As they should be, when you're matching 5 star receivers like Evan Stewart and talented guys like Moose Muhammad against them.   

The problem has been that, even though Jimbo managed a 9-1 record and number 4 ranking recently, the inconsistency has been off the charts.  Lost to Arkansas (for the first time in 10 years), lose to Mississippi State, then completely handle Alabama for 4 quarters, then lose two more.

And then, of course, last year.  Losing to App State?

It's just nice to see a seriously fucking talented QB and some elite WR talent beating the shit out of an overmatched opponent, the way they should.

My only moment of pleasure in last year's entire debacle of a season was knocking LSU out of the playoff hunt.  And it wasn't close. We whupped that coonass.

So yeah I'm gonna be pumped when we buttfuck a paycheck opponent the way we should.

Happy Labor Day weekend to all of you.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, Augustus said:

As they should be, when you're matching 5 star receivers like Evan Stewart and talented guys like Moose Muhammad against them.   

The problem has been that, even though Jimbo managed a 9-1 record and number 4 ranking recently, the inconsistency has been off the charts.  Lost to Arkansas (for the first time in 10 years), lose to Mississippi State, then completely handle Alabama for 4 quarters, then lose two more.

And then, of course, last year.  Losing to App State?

It's just nice to see a seriously fucking talented QB and some elite WR talent beating the shit out of an overmatched opponent, the way they should.

My only moment of pleasure in last year's entire debacle of a season was knocking LSU out of the playoff hunt.  And it wasn't close. We whupped that coonass.

So yeah I'm gonna be pumped when we buttfuck a paycheck opponent the way we should.

Happy Labor Day weekend to all of you.

Your jar runneth over

• Hook 'Em 1

On 9/2/2023 at 7:39 PM, theBigHen said:

This NM state secondary is abysmal. There’s nothing to glean from this game. 

*New Mexico. But you're right. New Mexico might be the worst team in college football. Here is where they've finished in FEI the last 2 years: 128/131, 123/130. 

The only 2 programs that might be worse are New Mexico State or UMASS. Shocking news that aggy also played UMASS last year. 

On 9/2/2023 at 8:49 PM, Cairn Horn88 said:
re: Texas A&M: So far so good with THE ExperimentPosted on 9/2/23 at 8:41 pm to Shooter
bkm1.png
Considering we lost to Appalachian State last year, I’ll take the win, no matter how unimpressive the opponent. And Weigman’s play at QB tonight is as solid as I’ve seen in College Station since Manziel left.

I know it's aggy but what a moronic comparison. New Mexico has not won more than 3 games in a season since 2017. They are arguably the worst college football program in the country and App State is a decent G5 program. 

*New Mexico. But you're right. New Mexico might be the worst team in college football. Here is where they've finished in FEI the last 2 years: 128/131, 123/130. 
The only 2 programs that might be worse are New Mexico State or UMASS. Shocking news that aggy also played UMASS last year. 

Surprised aggy didn’t open up with a FCS school to break in the new era. Instead they chose a team that the top 25 FCS programs would beat.

Hook’em!!!