2023 Dallas Cowboys Season Thread

Hermanator

26 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Bleh.... I guess Beebe then.  He'll be a really good interior lineman.  Cowboys gotta be the least aggressive front office in the league.

Yeah, Beebe is likely being considered by Cowboys in 3rd Rd with one of their 2picks.

31 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

Many had him the the top 40 overall, and ahead of other edge rushers. Nice pick. 

They took a player on one of the lines that was projected at or higher than where we took him. Not sure you can complain about the pick. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Arizona took the RB the Cowboys were angling for. 

There's still some good ones left.  It wasn't a great year and JB being the first one off the board when injured sort of tells you what folks think..... I'd be fine with Wright or Lloyd maybe the Wisky kid although he has some toughness question.  The ND kid seems decent.  There's several that late 3rd or even 4th would fit the bill.  Looks like it's going to be a big committee this year.

As long as they think Beebe can be a really good center (not just guard), may as well take him here.  Hope Wilson falls to you or the Michigan kid.

Just now, LTtxfan said:

Has played all 5 OL positions at Kstate

He did, but that's more a function of depth and competition.  He'll be an interior lineman in the NFL.  Dallas will see if he can handle center.  If not, then Lang, and you can let Beebe develop to take over from Zack.  But they'll try him as a replacement for Biadasz....

14 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

I’ve seen some mocks that had Beebe in the first round. Certainly a projected second round player. The adults in the room are definitely running this draft for Dallas. 

One of Texas DL (either Murphy or TSweat) said best O-lineman he faced in college was Beebe.  

5 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Draftniks consider this a reach..... 4/5 round grade by most.  I haven't seen enough of him to wage an opinion....

Seems to lack explosion.  Isn't really a hammer.... meh.  

Yeah, seems like they reached instead of going for value.  I'm concerned he's just gonna end up on special teams -- not likely a starter.

One of Texas DL (either Murphy or TSweat) said best O-lineman he faced in college was Beebe.  

I feel pretty good with these two new linemen. If Beene is center, and Zack and Tyler at guard that could be formidable. Beene seems to be a meanass player like Zack

Yeah, seems like they reached instead of going for value.  I'm concerned he's just gonna end up on special teams -- not likely a starter.

They don’t have a 4. So it’s a ways until next pick unless they trade up. All that matters is their board built on their evaluations and interviews. Who gives a shit what Mel kiper says. And draft position only matters if they are busts. If they can play no one talks about it.

The reality is most of these players will be out of the league in three years.