2023 Dallas Cowboys Season Thread

Hermanator

5 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Cowboys fans still wish Dallas had their 4th Rd pick that they foolishly traded away to overpay for Trey Lance.    geez 🙄

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2024/4/24/24137817/dallas-cowboys-draft-pick-trade-zach-wilson-overpaid-trey-lance-justin-fields-mac-jones

I mean, yeah, we all thought a 4th round pick was too high, but Wilson and Fields have already proven they suck shit, Lance's potential isn't great, but its better than the other two combined. I'm not standing up for Jerry by any means, but the analysis is missing some key elements, in my opinion.

• Like 1

Trey fucking Lance for a 4. The league needs to have set hours for these deals and prevent owners 2/3 of the way through a bottle of Johnny Walker Blue from making drunkass stupid trades. They were going to cut him. Jerry always has this Hollywood story in his head. Fucking Jaylon Smith. Randy Gregory. Johnny fucking football.

So you’re onboard giving Dak $300/5 years? Fuck that shit. He’s not a big game QB. He gets worse in January at a time winning QBs take their teams in heir shoulders. Daks late season feet, mechanics and decisions get worse as season goes and then is nervous as a whore in church in early playoffs. And Jerry is correct. Dak is going to eat a lot of cap so he won’t have as good a crew. Over and over. He is Cousins. Taking the position that it’s hard to find a better one so give him a huge contract is not the way to go.

I would have fired fat Mike and seen what Dak can do in 24 with another offense. It’s basically still the Garrett/Linehan/Moore/ offense with some fucking Texas Coast decorations.

I would seek a trade for micah and a ton of picks.

this draft:

1. Holder
2. wild card position but coming off late season triple ACL surgery, and facing criminal domestic violence charges.
3. wishbone QB
4. drop kick expert
5. victory formation guard
6. high IQ player, runs 6.4 40
7. foreign player who has never seen a football game
7. a woman

Yes. Cause he’s a fucking good QB. Fuck yiu idiots who say otherwise. You have no clue and would rather be right about Dak and have us in purgatory rather than competing every damned year with a chance than hoping they hit on a guy.

And fuck that “he’s not a big game guy”

He’s WON playoff games. He’s performed well in more of them than he’s not.

You can keep pretending he’s bad all you want. But you’re wrong.

The main point was that I’m done caring for now about the cowboys. And I hope they fuck up any let him walk. Tina real team trying to win.

Not acting broke.
  • Fuck You 2

1 hour ago, Drew said:

Yes. Cause he’s a fucking good QB. Fuck yiu idiots who say otherwise. You have no clue and would rather be right about Dak and have us in purgatory rather than competing every damned year with a chance than hoping they hit on a guy.

The main point was that I’m done caring for now about the cowboys. And I hope they fuck up any let him walk. Tina real team trying to win.

Not acting broke.

You take a long break and you miss things. I miss the above. @futureman

Not acting broke.

He has looked like shit the last few playoff games. It’s not about just the arm. Is he the leader that can will a team to a win? He is not.

Also he plays best when he is surrounded by top talent. A bunch of that is going to be gone if he’s eating a quarter of the cap. Add in CeeDee and probably Micah and that’s half the cap.

Jerry is probably going to sign Zeke back. So he’ll overpay while having $6m in a dead cap hit.
  • Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Drew said:

Not acting broke.

I came.  

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, mdmost said:

Trading down is smart. Pick up an early third. 

It might be smart if your war room actually knows how to utilize those picks. Ours doesn't. Most likely will be same wasted spare that will be gone in a few years.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Vic Mackey said:

It might be smart if your war room actually knows how to utilize those picks. Ours doesn't. Most likely will be same wasted spare that will be gone in a few years.

Maybe but that's an extra chance to maybe luck into someone decent. Shit, maybe they let Will McClay pick that one. 

Can't believe there are fans hating on the trade down. It was the perfect move for a team with at least four enormous holes and no 4th round pick.

One of Barton or Jackson Powers Johnson will still probably be there.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

Maybe but that's an extra chance to maybe luck into someone decent. Shit, maybe they let Will McClay pick that one. 

That’s why the only way to hit on more players is to have more picks. Jimmy figured that out.

Trading down is smart if there’s no one left on your board with a 1 grade. Low first rounders are usually really high 2nd rounders, but have the liabilities of a 1st like a fully guaranteed contract.