Dallas mayor Eric Johnson dupes his constituents and switches to the radical republican party

Pancho

And, you know, the "no shit" observation that people who at least tacitly support ideas like homosexuality is a sin, the trans community are just people looking for attention, women should be forced to give birth, anyone poorer than me must be a lazy freeloader, and black people are biologically more prone to violence (aka the Johnny Sack special) tend to be shittier, more selfish human beings, in general.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Drool 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

3 hours ago, aggie08 said:

I ask this every time that someone goes full on "both sides": please name the equivalent to the antics of the modern day GOP. And, shockingly, I'm still waiting for an answer.

it's in that one thread...you know, on page 7 of CR. or 12. somewhere. i'm sure fatty or ana or incredulity will bump that thread any minute now. 

• 2 weeks later...

I have always hated and loathed pandering in politicians.  By pandering, i mean employing rhetoric and policy that are untethered from any legitimate policy goal or legislation (better yet anything that could in any way be considered "the right thing to do") and that is designed to appeal to the basest instincts of the electorate.

All politicians are guilty of pandering to one degree or another.  That's the #bothsides of it.

But the GQP has taken pandering and performative politics to a level never before seen.  And, it's not the usual, relatively benign pandering to the "free shit army" or pearl-clutching grannies.  It's pandering to the worst instincts of the worst people in American society.  

• Hook 'Em 4

• 4 months later...
3 hours ago, mdmost said:

Well seems he really is a Republican. This will make his approval ratings with MAGA even better. 

He's a quick study indeed

D Magazine reported that the mayor testified in court this week that he and the former city employee shared a Ritz Carlton hotel room in Montreal during a two-week vacation last summer during the City Council’s annual recess and while she no longer worked for Dallas. The mayor paid about $110,000 to her firm last year, according to the magazine, citing campaign finance records.

4 hours ago, mdmost said:

Well seems he really is a Republican. This will make his approval ratings with MAGA even better. 

Sorry, he doesn't get his full, unrestricted MAGA card unless the affair was with a male, or an underaged female.  Rules are rules.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

• 2 weeks later...