Texas opens as a 5 point favorite v Oklahoma

TexasMan

About as I expected. Both these teams are much improved from last year.  OU hasn’t really played anyone but they’re blowing people’s doors off. Good to have this game a near Top 10 matchup again. 

If Venables and OU have any sort of pride they better not get run out of the stadium again. 

OU is better. Not sure how much better than last year but they are better and will be playing a QB who can actually throw a forward pass.

All things considered Texas being favored by around touchdown sounds about right. Entirely possible we pull away late and OU scores a garbage TD to cover.

• Hook 'Em 1

46 minutes ago, Porterhouse said:

About as I expected. Both these teams are much improved from last year.  OU hasn’t really played anyone but they’re blowing people’s doors off. Good to have this game a near Top 10 matchup again. 

TX/OU both undefeated in week six is historically a top 5 matchup.  And I think OU blowing out their weak schedule doesn’t look worse than UGA, Michigan or UW who haven’t played anyone and Pedo only having played a meh WVU.

The higher they are the better, we could end the season with only 1 ranked opponent because the B12 sucks so bad.   Actually 2 is likely the floor because Bama could go 7-5 and they would still be ranked in the 20-25 range and I think KSU will be ranked in the end.

Iowa-Perdue O|U at 36…. I guess the bookies think Perdue San score 30?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, troph said:

Bama isn’t going 7-5.  The sec west isn’t that good. Bama has the tailwinds of being Bama. They might drop 1-2 but I’d put the over under at 1 more.

Agreed. All Nick Saban has to do is line up Milroe as QB and let his offensive line go to work, using Milroe to hand off, be a running back himself, and throw the ball 10 to 15 times per game just to keep the defenses honest. Alabama's defense is good enough that the offense just has to play within itself and they will win all the rest of their games, unless they play Texas again.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, troph said:

Bama isn’t going 7-5.  The sec west isn’t that good. Bama has the tailwinds of being Bama. They might drop 1-2 but I’d put the over under at 1 more.

I get that, just saying Bama could go 7-5 and they would still end ranked.  Just look at LSU right now at 3-2, they should NOT be ranked but SEC grind and all that bullshit.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Just occurred to me that it is mathematically possible to play OU 3 times this year. If we trade games and both end up with 1 loss and everyone else has 2 we could then meet again in the playoffs. Extremely unlikely but possible.

Just now, Alot said:

Just occurred to me that it is mathematically possible to play OU 3 times this year. If we trade games and both end up with 1 loss and everyone else has 2 we could then meet again in the playoffs. Extremely unlikely but possible.

That isn't possible and it isn't happening. Their SOS isn't good enough. 

2 minutes ago, Alot said:

The Big 12 isn't sending 2 teams to the playoffs with our SOS. We're basically not playing a team ranked above 70 going forward until we play OU again in the conference championship game.

-7 line sounds about right. This is the first true passing threat we’ve faced and the only actual starter at QB since Bama. Our back end looks suspect and Gabriel looks good on the deep ball. That said our run d should stuff them and we’ll get to the QB much more than anyone they’ve faced. Not worried about our offense against those stumble fucks, they looked like shit against ISU.

Edited by Hank_Hill

25 minutes ago, ztejas said:

You're actually retarded. Or 19. Or both. 

And you're a dipshit virgin who has posted nearly 30 fucking times a day for 5 fucking years straight.

literal books worth of stupid shit like "SMU is big boy money now that they're making $0 in the ACC" for years on end, without pay.

Edited by WelfareBuysMyWeed
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 2

4 minutes ago, WelfareBuysMyWeed said:

And you're a dipshit virgin who has posted nearly 30 fucking times a day for 5 fucking years straight.

literal books worth of stupid shit like "SMU is big boy money now that they're making $0 in the ACC" for years on end, without pay.

I love how I said you were a retarded 19 year old and then the best insult you could come up with was calling me a virgin. 

Boy you got me!

I don't see any way the Big 12 gets 2 teams in the playoffs but if Texas and OU both went 12-1 after playing in the Big 12 championship game damn there would be a ton of intrigue to then match them up again in a 2 vs 3 match up in the playoffs if it was possible. 

It's not going to happen but Texas and OU playing again in the playoffs after the Big 12 championship game would bring in some crazy viewers. 

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

I love how I said you were a retarded 19 year old and then the best insult you could come up with was calling me a virgin. 

Boy you got me!

Perfect example of how you wind up with so many dipshit posts, right here. Because you can't possibly let someone calling you a virign slide, because your e-cred is too fragile. You're a spade, you spade.

Reminder: This all stemmed from you being too stupid to parse "our" as referring to the conference in a post where "our" referring to solely texas would make no fucking sense. Because Texas can't send 2 fucking teams to the playoffs, you fucking idiot.

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 8

5 minutes ago, WelfareBuysMyWeed said:

Reminder: This all stemmed from you being too stupid to parse "our" as referring to the conference in a post where "our" referring to solely texas would make no fucking sense. Because Texas can't send 2 fucking teams to the playoffs, you fucking idiot.

Christ you are special. Keep posting. 

You literally (apparently) said "our" to refer to the B12 then in the very next sentence said "we" twice to (apparently) refer to Texas. 

I hope you aren't enrolled at UT or have a degree from there. 

Edited by ztejas

Perfect example of how you wind up with so many dipshit posts, right here. Because you can't possibly let someone calling you a virign slide, because your e-cred is too fragile. You're a spade, you spade.
Fuck or don't I don't care but take it somewhere else asshat.

1 hour ago, Alot said:

They are losing more than the game on Saturday. The Big 12 is not good, but neither is OU.

5 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

They are losing more than the game on Saturday. The Big 12 is not good, but neither is OU.

You aren't wrong but look at their remaining schedule. 

The only other tough game might be @ Kansas then the next is a home game against WV? It's truly a joke of a schedule. The third best team in the Big 12 is probably K-State and they don't have to play them. 

Edited by Rickylovesweed

Just now, Rickylovesweed said:

You aren't wrong but look at their remaining schedule. 

The only other tough game might be @ Kansas then the next is a home game against WV? It's truly a joke of a schedule. 

They also play @BYU. That isn't going to be an easy game for them in November.

2 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

They also play @BYU. That isn't going to be an easy game for them in November.

Agree to disagree. I think BYU is one of the biggest frauds in college football. I don't think they're even a top 50 team. Cross-posting from another thread. 

• BYU is one of the biggest frauds in the country. Look at their wins. 

2-3 Cincinnati (close game)

2-3 Arkansas (close game and were outgained by 150+ yards)

1-4 Southern Utah 

0-4 Sam Houston State (close game)

Then they lost by double digits to 4-1 Kansas. I've seen several people mention BYU as a "trap game" but I don't see it. They suck.  

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

Agreed. All Nick Saban has to do is line up Milroe as QB and let his offensive line go to work, using Milroe to hand off, be a running back himself, and throw the ball 10 to 15 times per game just to keep the defenses honest. Alabama's defense is good enough that the offense just has to play within itself and they will win all the rest of their games, unless they play Texas again.

Agree; if Saban just goes back to the gameplan they used the first 4-5 years of their run they should win out the regular season….

Edited by Ignatius

3 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Agree to disagree. I think BYU is one of the biggest frauds in college football. I don't think they're even a top 50 team. Cross-posting from another thread. 

I can see any remaining road game for OU being a loss. They really aren't great and are starting to lose their starting players.

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

I can see any remaining road game for OU being a loss. They really aren't great and are starting to lose their starting players.

Plus we will crush their will to live after Saturday. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

• Pancho locked this topic