Outcoached

Pancho

10 minutes ago, UTEE97 said:

I can't imagine Saban telling his team to go out there and have fun in his pre-game speech.

I agree but that was during a network miked on field pregame, doubt that is what he said in the locker room. But I don’t know that

Observations from a guy who doesn’t know shit but sees patterns.

1st play of game Greg Davis special. WR screen without numbers advantage.  Oh boy here we go again.

2nd play.  ? WTF.  seen this before going to get ugly.

Surprise: super aggressive 4th down going for it and fake punts?  Is this A Texas team?

1st down on the 1.  Yes it’s kinda hard to get a yard when the other team knows exactly what you’re doing.

How we get that long field goal?  Eh doesn’t matter too much time left on the clock.

yep.   Let’s switch to prevent defense that always works for Texas.  Mean you are going for on 4th downs/fake punts.  And now you want to turtle up and go soft defense…  fucking man press and spy the qb.  If they beat you bad at least you get the ball back with more than 15 seconds and with time outs.  Don’t go full retard and send delayed safety blitzes but don’t give the receivers free releases and 15 yard cushions.

Texas coaches fucked this one up.  OU just played reckless.  With 3 TO against it shouldn’t have been close so at least players played hard and didn’t give up.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

3 hours ago, TexArcher said:

Let me get this straight...

We were missing 4 starters most of the game.

We turned the ball over 3 times.

We dropped a pick in our own end zone.

We committed a bunch of mental penalties.

And we still almost won. 

And you think it's the coach's fault that we didn't?

Yeah, the goal line stand playcalling sucked.  But, the fake punt was great.  The 4th and 1 touchdown pass was great.  Sark did not lose this game, guys.  We made too many mistakes on the field.

And, we're going to win the rematch in a couple of months.  

Use Red instead of the DEs and we win. 

We can figure that out. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Surprised no one is talking about the tackling in this game. How many times did their QB, RB, or WRs look bottled up and then somehow pick up an extra chunk of yards?

Meanwhile other than Brooks, our guys all went down pretty much as soon as a defender got to them.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 3

7 minutes ago, Dr.Dre said:

Observations from a guy who doesn’t know shit but sees patterns.

1st play of game Greg Davis special. WR screen without numbers advantage.  Oh boy here we go again.

2nd play.  ? WTF.  seen this before going to get ugly.

Surprise: super aggressive 4th down going for it and fake punts?  Is this A Texas team?

1st down on the 1.  Yes it’s kinda hard to get a yard when the other team knows exactly what you’re doing.

How we get that long field goal?  Eh doesn’t matter too much time left on the clock.

yep.   Let’s switch to prevent defense that always works for Texas.  Mean you are going for on 4th downs/fake punts.  And now you want to turtle up and go soft defense…  fucking man press and spy the qb.  If they beat you bad at least you get the ball back with more than 15 seconds and with time outs.  Don’t go full retard and send delayed safety blitzes but don’t give the receivers free releases and 15 yard cushions.

Texas coaches fucked this one up.  OU just played reckless.  With 3 TO against it shouldn’t have been close so at least players played hard and didn’t give up.

image.gif.f0e4ffd23c7474265c734ba0961306fe.gif

• Hook 'Em 1

35 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

Listen dude. You want Sarkisian to be a terrible coach so bad that you are willing to move the goal posts to do it. We are 5-1, recruiting is rolling, we played awful against Ou and lost with 16 seconds left on the clock. First it was 7 win Steve. Then he surpassed that and you were still talking. Now we are 5-1, beat a now 5-1 Bama team on the road, and are closest game was against our rival who may happen to be pretty good. We could win 10 games and you will be back here moving the goal posts yet again. You would rather be right then win football games.

My point was with throwing it you don't drop back and throw it every time down there either. You said we should've had people out there who know how to block. Well, they were all out there. OU was just defeating our line. Didn't help that Majors was out.

Oh horseshit. Losing (ESPECIALLY TO OU, a team that most thought we would beat handily) is fucking miserable.

I believe Texas still has a chance for this to be a successful season in my opinion. All that takes (in my opinion) is playing in the BigXii CG. That’s it.

Edited by lilMAC25
  • Hook 'Em 2

19 minutes ago, lilMAC25 said:

Oh horseshit. Losing (ESPECIALLY TO OU, a team that most thought we would beat handily) is fucking miserable.

I believe Texas still has a chance for this to be a successful season in my opinion. All that takes (in my opinion) is playing in the BigXii CG. That’s it.

970b5197-b133-4976-88df-09b062723d84_220

Not out coached but somehow we couldn’t spy their midget qb.   

That said someone needs to sneak into sarks office and find the page in the playbook that has ‘red zone jet sweep’ and put it in the fucking shredder.   The odds of that play working on a short field are next to zero. 

• Hook 'Em 3

Can someone explain to me why Sark always bunches up near the goal line instead of spreading defenders out and refuses to run any motion?  You let the defense stack 11 guys in the box (hi South Austin's mom), and limit your options.  Maybe that approach works when there's an obvious athletic difference, but not so much when the talent-level is equal.  Why not at least throw a couple of receivers wide and give the defense different scenarios to think about, all while limiting the number of defenders in the middle?  And when it fails the first time, why are we trying to do the same thing a second and third time?  Fucking Sark sarked this one up.

Edited by OU Sucks
  • Rage+1 1

51 minutes ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

Kansas on the road, BYU on the road, OKST in stool water is a rivalry. BlowU losing a game is not crazy tbh. I’m more concerned with us running the table tbh

Gundy is 3-15 against OU and lost to their dumpster fire team last year. Not to mention that OSU is significantly worse this year. I think Kansas is the only team on their schedule that has a realistic chance to beat them. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I feel like the "didn't show up" thing is overdone and almost completely-hindsight biased.  We show up when we win, we don't when we lose.  

A lot of it is the product of Mack, who always said the wrong thing about the OU game.  But it's not usually the difference-maker.

The only unit that didn't show up today, at least in comparison to prior games this season and late last, and without a lot of injury excuse, was the DL/front seven in terms of inability to pressure the QB.  As we've seen with the PK defense, that is a recipe for getting gobbled up by 10-yard completions.  Yet the D got quite a number of fairly key stops, but for that last one.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 3

21 minutes ago, Nueces River Rat said:

OSU has every reason to want to beat them in Shitwater.  The rivalry might go on ice for awhile and it seems OSU was more vocal about wanting to keep it.  

OSU has only won 3 of the last 20 games against OU. Gundy is known for losing to OU. 

I don't see Texas dropping out of the top 10, we lost to an undefeated team on a last minute score. it sucks...but the season isn't derailed. The team played like ass, but responded well..a win would have been nice but we'll see how they handle adversity. Win out, that's all that matters. 

Yea it sucks losing against 0u, but it's CFP or bust. 

Also if Wyoming beats Fresno ST tonight that should help our SOS. 

Edited by Ashylarry
  • Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

Texas was badly outcoached, refs on OU's side, 3 TOs and no takeaways, no big play Sanders and STILL damn near won the game.  I see a lot of hope in this game, if there's a rematch.  

tOSU, Bama, Georgia are down this year - the Big 12 winner is in the playoffs.  

8 year old girl flinging horseshit everywhere "oh daddy I know there is a pony in here somewhere"

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Ashylarry said:

I don't see Texas dropping out of the top 10, we lost to an undefeated team on a last minute score. it sucks...but the season isn't derailed. The team played like ass, but responded well..a win would have been nice but we'll see how they handle adversity. Win out, that's all that matters. 

Yea it sucks losing against 0u, but it's CFP or bust. 

Also if Wyoming beats Fresno tonight that should help our SOS. 

2 minutes ago, Ashylarry said:

8 year old girl flinging horseshit everywhere "oh daddy I know there is a pony in here somewhere"lockquote widget

Edited by nineliveslost
  • Haha 1

Gabriel had 14 Carries which is 6 more than he’s had all season. It’s like they knew we weren’t gonna spy him at all and they were right. Good thing we made no adjustments after the halftime of eating corn dogs and watching the bama replay jerking each other off.

How many of those Carrie’s were designed runs, called by the OU staff after figuring out that we weren’t spying him?

2 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

The rarely seen double triple post response. Nice.

8 year old girl flinging horseshit everywhere "oh daddy I know there is a pony in here somewhere"

1 minute ago, scottsins said:

How many of those Carrie’s were designed runs, called by the OU staff after figuring out that we weren’t spying him?

4 hours ago, bullet said:

And they simply tried harder.  Look at how their RBs and Receivers carried our guys for an extra 2-4 yards and our RBs and Receivers went down.  Look at how much better their receivers blocked our dbs vs. ours whiffing.  Look at them getting 6 sacks and us only getting 1.

They definitely played like an underdog

• Hook 'Em 1