Gotta get prepared for Monday's press conference...

Rimbo

Good that we don't have one.  There is nothing, not a damn thing that Sark or any coach can say in a post-loss presser that will make anyone happy.  All he can say is "We didn't play well enough to win and that's on me, I take full accountability for the loss, congrats to OU."  But that's boring and a dozen reporters have stories to write and need content so they ask the same tired questions over and over.  Then the coach resorts to coach-speak to avoid 1) throwing his own players under the bus, or 2) making excuses/sounding whiny.  And the second the coach slips up and admits a player screwed up or an official missed a key call or whatever there will be multiple posts here about "there goes Sark blaming the players" "there goes Sark making excuses, not our standard!"  ...we complain about coach speak but the problem is us.  We don't accept the truth.

• Hook 'Em 3

I couldn't care less what Sark says in...whenever his next press conference is.

Losing this game sucked but we have only gone unbeaten in a handful of seasons. The main thing is that the program is currently on the way up and getting better. So long as that keeps happening Sark is good. Let's see how far he can take us.

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Horn of Gabriel said:

Good that we don't have one.  There is nothing, not a damn thing that Sark or any coach can say in a post-loss presser that will make anyone happy.  All he can say is "We didn't play well enough to win and that's on me, I take full accountability for the loss, congrats to OU."  But that's boring and a dozen reporters have stories to write and need content so they ask the same tired questions over and over.  Then the coach resorts to coach-speak to avoid 1) throwing his own players under the bus, or 2) making excuses/sounding whiny.  And the second the coach slips up and admits a player screwed up or an official missed a key call or whatever there will be multiple posts here about "there goes Sark blaming the players" "there goes Sark making excuses, not our standard!"  ...we complain about coach speak but the problem is us.  We don't accept the truth.

I mean, other than the PC immediately after the game.

other than that one, you mean

• Hook 'Em 1

Uh Sark, you've forgotten more about football and handling media than I'll ever learn.  And I know it's your power move prerogative to arrive late for your press conferences every single week.  But after your disastrous handling of the clock in the 4th quarter against OU.......this would be a really, really excellent occasion to show you know how to tell time and start at 11:00.00am-CDT, using the Naval Observatory's Atomic Clock.  But you're Steve, you'll find a way to fuck it up.  I believe in you, Sark.  

Speaking of time, somebody that's listening or follows Horns/Big XII on social media (I do not)---please post the Houston kickoff time when they release here shortly.  

17 hours ago, Horn of Gabriel said:

The Surly press conference overreaction thread after a loss thread is one my favorite traditions.   

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Uh Sark, you've forgotten more about football and handling media than I'll ever learn.  And I know it's your power move prerogative to arrive late for your press conferences every single week.  But after your disastrous handling of the clock in the 4th quarter against OU.......this would be a really, really excellent occasion to show you know how to tell time and start at 11:00.00am-CDT, using the Naval Observatory's Atomic Clock.  But you're Steve, you'll find a way to fuck it up.  I believe in you, Sark.  

Speaking of time, somebody that's listening or follows Horns/Big XII on social media (I do not)---please post the Houston kickoff time when they release here shortly.  

compared to what Cristobal did, though...

55 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

But after your disastrous handling of the clock in the 4th quarter against OU......

I'm sure if Sark had ditched the uptempo offense that was working on that last drive if favor of a slow methodical clock eating drive that you would be singing his praises for turning the ball over on downs with only 2 seconds left on the clock

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

I'm sure if Sark had ditched the uptempo offense that was working on that last drive if favor of a slow methodical clock eating drive that you would be singing his praises for turning the ball over on downs with only 2 seconds left on the clock

Likely true.  As I said, he knows more.  Why I don’t engage in a lot of hindsight coach analytics on this forum.  I’m mainly just annoyed his overpaid ass arrived to fucking everything 20 minutes late.  It’s disrespectful and he hasn’t won that privilege yet.  Even Mack showed up on time and he thought this stuff was completely beneath him.  

1 minute ago, YGIFS said:

Likely true.  As I said, he knows more.  Why I don’t engage in a lot of hindsight coach analytics on this forum.  I’m mainly just annoyed his overpaid ass arrived to fucking everything 20 minutes late.  It’s disrespectful and he hasn’t won that privilege yet.  Even Mack showed up on time and he thought this stuff was completely beneath him.  

Of all the things to bitch about, I couldn't care less what time he shows up to press conferences.   Dealing with these slapdick Austin reporters isn't in the top 20 things he needs to focus on Monday of a game week.  P.S.  He was on time today it looks like so can put your pitchfork down on that point.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, Skipper said:

Of all the things to bitch about, I couldn't care less what time he shows up to press conferences.   Dealing with these slapdick Austin reporters isn't in the top 20 things he needs to focus on Monday of a game week.  P.S.  He was on time today it looks like so can put your pitchfork down on that point.

this LOL.  "oh noes he kept Kirk Bowls waiting"

Episode 2 Whatever GIF

This week scares you to death, and that's fair.  Because you just look over there to this week's opponent and it's all about the tradition and the coaching and the remembering of your zip code.  But we'll tell the boys to have fun this week because it'll b-b-be a great day for some football.

I'm not going to watch the hole thing because it's nothing but what everyone didn't do. But, did anyone from the media ever ask Sark why they were leaving 20+ seconds on the clock on the last drive?? I'm sure they didn't because they're pussies and aren't willing to ask the "real" questions about the things easy to control to result in a W. Texas doesn't even have to make a tackle to do that.

3 hours ago, Hard Times said:

I'm not going to watch the hole thing because it's nothing but what everyone didn't do. But, did anyone from the media ever ask Sark why they were leaving 20+ seconds on the clock on the last drive?? I'm sure they didn't because they're pussies and aren't willing to ask the "real" questions about the things easy to control to result in a W. Texas doesn't even have to make a tackle to do that.

Second to last question I think, Anwar asked him if he’d do anything different with regard to clock management on the last drive.

Sark only addressed the playcalling after our last first down and subsequent sack and playing for the FG. Nothing about earlier in the drive.

Edited by LonghornSean