Israel-Hamas war thread

Brisketexan

32 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

I do not doubt it. Israel raids in, grabs whatever young man they can, and go from there. 

Take it all for what it is worth, but that is the gist of the claims being circulated. Basically males 15+ years of age were separated from the women and children sheltering, stripped, and paraded for the photo op.  

23 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Upon further review, standard hamas issue ventilated battle combat sandals. 

Screenshot-2023-12-07-125942.jpg

Screenshot-2023-12-07-130232.jpg

We can make fun of it all we want, but ISIS, the Talibs, they fought in sandals. One reason is to blend in when needed. Hard to hide those 511 tac boots.

Their specialized teams are very well equipped and love international gear.

25 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Upon further review, standard hamas issue ventilated battle combat sandals. 

Screenshot-2023-12-07-125942.jpg

Screenshot-2023-12-07-130232.jpg

Ana, curios,  source on this? Gaza supposedly has very limited comms again.

• Hook 'Em 1

44 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

We can make fun of it all we want, but ISIS, the Talibs, they fought in sandals. One reason is to blend in when needed. Hard to hide those 511 tac boots.

Their specialized teams are very well equipped and love international gear.

Yeah we'd actually like to read some of these reports. 

48 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

Screencaps from this video, claimed to be taken in northern gaza area in bit lahia:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C0jV-_EMzxs/

Location would correspond generally with some of this reporting out of northern gaza (from the AJ live feed). 

1h ago

(18:50 GMT)

Euro-Med Monitor says ‘dozens detained, severely abused’ in northern Gaza

Israeli troops launched “random and arbitrary arrest campaigns against displaced people, including doctors, academics, journalists, and elderly men”, the Geneva-based Euro-Mediterranean Human Rights Monitor said.

Earlier, we reported on video aired by Israeli media of Palestinian men who were stripped and detained by Israeli soldiers in northern Gaza.

The arrests took place in the UN-affiliated schools of Khalifa Bin Zayed and New Aleppo, according to the organisation.

It said among those detained is journalist Diaa Kahlout, who works for The New Arab. His sister told Euro-Med Monitor that Kahlout was forced to leave his disabled seven-year-old child “on her own” and was taken at gunpoint before he was stripped and “beaten severely”.

And from euromedmonitor's website directly (https://euromedmonitor.org/en/article/6012)

Geneva - The Israeli army detained and severely abused dozens of Palestinian civilians in the northern Gaza Strip, said Euro-Med Human Rights Monitor, surrounding two shelter centres in the town of Beit Lahia for days before beating the individuals and stripping them of their clothes.

Euro-Med Monitor received reports that Israeli forces launched random and arbitrary arrest campaigns against displaced people, including doctors, academics, journalists, and elderly men, in the Khalifa Bin Zayed and New Aleppo schools, both of which are affiliated with the United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees (UNRWA).

Edited by Anastasis
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Anastasis said:

These are captives taken from a U.N. shelter in north Gaza, not khan yunis as some are saying on Twitter. There are also pictures of unarmed dead civilians laying next to their white flags. 

I-dont-believe-you GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Al Jazeera is reporting that these detainees were from UN-run schools in northern Gaza (not a shelter).  

Remains to be seen the context of that IG video.  Was that a white flag?  Was he really unarmed?  Possibly.  Was he a combatant?  Possibly.  Many don't appear to wear combat fatigues.

Edited by DDD Dad
  • Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, InkaUtexas said:

Interesting. Dude worth billions is saying this. Yes, no elderly, children or any civilian should suffer. BTW, the backdrop does not look Gaza, or Doha. 

Fuck this dude. 

Is that not the dome of the rock in the background? Looks like a green screen either way. 

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, Nivek said:

Getting involved was the stupidity.  Not getting out. 

Not disputing that. Not supporting Ho Chi Minh before He turned to the communist was the big mistake. 

But once we were committed the politicians and media lost the war for us.

• Hook 'Em 6

1 hour ago, mbtex said:

Not disputing that. Not supporting Ho Chi Minh before He turned to the communist was the big mistake. 

But once we were committed the politicians and media lost the war for us.

How do you win a war that you are fundamentally against?  It wasn't the media's fault.  It was entirely upon the politicians.  

On 12/7/2023 at 12:21 PM, Anastasis said:

Fake Reports have identified the really fat one as a journalist from Al Arabi al jadid. Also, the fake reports indicate that these are captives taken from a U.N. shelter in north Gaza, not khan yunis as some are saying on Twitter. There are also fake pictures of unarmed dead civilians laying next to their white flags. 

Fixed it.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

The Woman in the Hamas Video Is My Daughter

There are 17 young females still being held hostage. One of them is my girl, Naama. And time is running out.

https://www.thefp.com/p/the-woman-in-the-hamas-video-is-my-daughter

Spoiler

Naama Levy, 19, was captured on October 7 and last seen in a video released by Hamas. (Photo via X)

By Ayelet Levy Shachar

December 8, 2023

You have seen the video of my daughter Naama Levy. Everyone has. You have seen her dragged by her long brown hair from the back of a Jeep at gunpoint, somewhere in Gaza, her gray sweatpants covered in blood. You may have perhaps noticed that her ankles are cut, that she’s barefoot and limping. She is seriously injured. She is frightened. And I, her mother, am helpless in these moments of horror. 

On October 7, Naama had been sleeping at Kibbutz Nahal Oz, and was awakened by the chaotic sound of a missile barrage. At 7 a.m., she sent me a WhatsApp message: “We’re in the safe room. I’ve never heard anything like this.” That was the last I heard from her. 

The next day, I saw the video, but the woman in the footage was so bloodied and disheveled it was hard to tell if it really was her. Naama’s father called and confirmed the terrible news. 

Before that day, every video our family had taken of Naama was joyful—dancing with friends, laughing with her three siblings, and simply enjoying life. Naama is only 19, but she’ll always be my baby girl. A girl who truly believes in the good of all people. She enjoys athletics and dreams of a career in diplomacy, and her greatest passion is helping those in need. As a girl, she was a member of the “Hands of Peace” delegation, which brings together American, Israeli, and Palestinian youths to promote global social change.

But now, one video, totally unrepresentative of the life she had led until October 7, is how the world knows her.

It has been deeply disturbing to see the United Nations and feminist organizations refuse to acknowledge that Hamas raped and committed appalling sexual crimes against women, simply because the victims are Jewish. It took two months for some to finally admit the scale and the brutality of the horror. Meanwhile, Israeli experts are gathering the evidence. Shari, a volunteer worker at the Shura military morgue, told The Washington Post about what she documented: “We saw many women with bloody underwear, with broken bones, broken legs, broken pelvises.”

The same monsters who committed those crimes are holding my daughter hostage.

There are seventeen young women still in captivity. They range in age from 18 to 26. I think of what they, and my Naama, could be subjected to at every moment of the day. Each minute is an eternity in hell. 

On Monday, State Department spokesman Matthew Miller said that one of the reasons Hamas doesn’t want to release the young female hostages “is they don’t want these women to be able to talk about what happened to them during their time in custody.” 

Everyone knows exactly what he means.

What would you do if your daughter were being held hostage by violent rapists and murderers for two months? Perhaps the better question is: What wouldn’t you do?

Over the last week and a half, dozens of hostages were released. The stories they’ve told about captivity are chilling. Emily Hand, a girl of only nine years, told her father she thought she had been held underground by Hamas for a year. Daniel Aloni was held along with her young daughter Emilia and was forced to participate in a hostage video in which she begged for their release. In it, she famously shrieked the word now, in Hebrew achshav. The way Daniel uttered that last word, now, that primal scream, is what lies in the hearts of every hostage, and every hostage family. It is the sound that rings in the depths of my soul every moment of every day.

In addition to being Naama Levy’s mother, I’m also a primary care doctor and the team physician for Israel’s women’s soccer team. I work with young women, and I understand the medical risks of spending every day in darkness, without enough nutrition or medical care or even basic hygiene. As a mother, I simply worry: Did my daughter’s captors give her a clean change of clothes, or is she still sitting in the same bloody sweatpants she was abducted in?

There’s a reason why women and children were prioritized first for release: younger women are at greater risk for further trauma. Just as women and girls are more vulnerable to more forms of violence, they are also more vulnerable to suffering from infections and pregnancy from sexual violence. 

The longer Naama is held in captivity, the more violence she is subjected to, the more likely she will suffer the consequences of lifelong post-traumatic stress. When she is released, I pray that the image of her abduction, and the experience of what that image represents, isn’t how she comes to see the world.

Meanwhile, time is passing through an hourglass, and the sands are not infinite.

The seventeen female hostages are not bargaining chips to be debated by diplomats. They are daughters, and one of them is mine. My primal scream should be the scream of mothers everywhere. Bring her home now!

Ayelet Levy-Shachar is Naama’s mother. She is a primary care physician for families and for the Israeli women’s soccer team. She is a mother of four and lives in Ra’anana. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 4

13 minutes ago, Schulz2.0 said:

Screenshot_20231209-151106_Threads.thumb.jpg.e7c18453a48420c74cf7c21218a55b21.jpg

That just makes me sad. We learned of the atrocities because the Germans filmed and documented them...just like we have learned of the extent the Jews suffered this go around because Hamas filmed and documented. 

"and they will burn down the synagogues at 6 o'clock and we'll all go along like before. "

• Hook 'Em 4

IDF spokesman on the prisoners they took yesterday 

IDF Spokesman Rear Adm. Daniel Hagari confirms many Hamas members have surrendered to troops in the Gaza Strip today, saying they have revealed intelligence information on the terror group's functioning amid the ground offensive.

"In Shejaiya and Jabaliya, terrorists who surrendered handed over weapons and equipment," he says, confirming footage that leaked earlier today.

"From the interrogations of the terrorists who surrendered, the following intelligence has emerged: The situation of the operatives on the ground is difficult, and the Hamas leadership, led by [Yahya] Sinwar, denies the reality even though it is updated on the details," Hagari says.

"The operatives complain that the Hamas leadership is disconnected from the tough situation they are in on the ground," says.

Hagari says there is a "widespread feeling that the Hamas leadership underground does not care about the public in Gaza who are above ground," adding that this also worries the Hamas operatives.

"The intelligence that emerges from the interrogations creates more targets and aids us in the operational activity," Hagari adds.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

https://www.cnn.com/middleeast/live-news/israel-hamas-war-gaza-news-12-11-23/index.html

Hezbollah and Israel mixing it up some more

Israel Defense Forces (IDF) said Monday it struck a Hezbollah military site in southern Lebanon after a number of launches from the area.  

“In response to launches from Lebanon toward communities in the western Galilee earlier today, IDF fighter jets struck a Hezbollah military site,” the IDF said in a statement. It added that “number of launches were also identified from Lebanon toward IDF posts in northern Israel. The IDF struck the sources of fire.” 

Hezbollah said earlier on Monday that it fired artillery shells at Pranit Barracks, saying its actions were in support of Gaza. Hezbollah said in a statement that the barracks suffered “a direct hit.” 

And Qatar going to keep making Hamas leadership rich

Qatar will continue to make payments to Gaza to support the enclave, as it has been doing for years, the Qatari minister of state for foreign affairs told CNN’s Becky Anderson on Monday.

“We're not going to change our mandate. Our mandate is our continuous help and support for our brothers and sisters of Palestine. We will continue to do it systematically as we did it before,” Mohammed bin Abdulaziz Al-Khulaifi said.

His remarks come amid increased anger in Israel about years of payments from the Gulf state to Hamas, under a deal which used to see Qatari diplomats arrive in the enclave every month with suitcases containing $15 million in cash.

The cash deliveries were supposed to help pay Gaza’s civil servants. Pictures in 2018 showed workers lining up to receive $100 bills.

The IDF announces that it has recovered the bodies of Eden Zacharia and Warrant Officer Ziv Dado, who were taken hostage by Hamas on October 7.

The operation to recover the bodies from the Gaza Strip was carried out by the Military Intelligence Directorate's Unit 504, and the 551st Brigade.

Zacharia, 27, was taken hostage from the rave near Re'im, and Dado, 36, a logistics supervisor in the Golani Brigade's 51st Battalion, was killed during the October 7 onslaught.

• Hook 'Em 3

Unfortunately, the main reason why there will be no ceasefire from the Israeli side has nothing to do with hostages. Any prolonged stoppage in the war will require a change of government in Tel Aviv.

https://www.reuters.com/world/middle-east/biden-israel-starting-lose-support-over-indiscriminate-bombing-gaza-2023-12-12/

Don't forget that before the October 7 attack, Bibi was in a heap of domestic trouble.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, GopherRock said:

Unfortunately, the main reason why there will be no ceasefire from the Israeli side has nothing to do with hostages. Any prolonged stoppage in the war will require a change of government in Tel Aviv.

https://www.reuters.com/world/middle-east/biden-israel-starting-lose-support-over-indiscriminate-bombing-gaza-2023-12-12/

Don't forget that before the October 7 attack, Bibi was in a heap of domestic trouble.

This is also true.  If you're looking for a white hat in all of this...keep looking.

• Like 1