Seven Win Steve Rides Again!

closetojumping

Bama win was solid, but they’re not the same Bama team from the 2010s. Wyoming, Baylor, and Kansas win came agains backup QBs. Like I said, we’ll see. But Sark hasn’t separated himself from TH in play calling and game management at all. I can’t complain about the recruiting though.
Sark has yet to go Bob the Builder on some lockers and lose that battle.
  • Haha 4

11 minutes ago, USNALonghorn said:

Bama win was solid, but they’re not the same Bama team from the 2010s. Wyoming, Baylor, and Kansas win came agains backup QBs. Like I said, we’ll see. But Sark hasn’t separated himself from TH in play calling and game management at all. I can’t complain about the recruiting though.

1 minute ago, USNALonghorn said:

They’ve grinded out their wins and looked very vulnerable against Arkansas and  A&M. I don’t want to discredit our win, but it makes you wonder how they would’ve fared with a a better OC. I don’t miss TH at all and I’m thankful for Sark’s recruiting. However, Sark playing OC and HC does not seem like a good setup and the team has turtles so many times over the past 3 seasons. The turtles and the wtf calls (fake FG) are what drive the comparison with TH. I hope he can recruit his way beyond this being and issue, and hires an OC. Until then, this will limit us from being a conference championship and CFP level team. 

They just beat Tenn 34-20 at home after trailing 20-7.

Some of you need to pay more attention to the rest of cfb.

• Hook 'Em 7

Just now, Born to Run said:
11 minutes ago, USNALonghorn said:

Sark has yet to go Bob the Builder on some lockers and lose that battle.

I count the lack of gimmicky bullshit as a “personality” upgrade

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, USNALonghorn said:

We seem to be recruiting smarter, no doubt about that, but this years class doesn't seem to be coming together during Sark's best year, his mojo year, so I wonder.

3 minutes ago, USNALonghorn said:

They’ve grinded out their wins and looked very vulnerable against Arkansas and  A&M. I don’t want to discredit our win, but it makes you wonder how they would’ve fared with a a better OC. I don’t miss TH at all and I’m thankful for Sark’s recruiting. However, Sark playing OC and HC does not seem like a good setup and the team has turtles so many times over the past 3 seasons. The turtles and the wtf calls (fake FG) are what drive the comparison with TH. I hope he can recruit his way beyond this being and issue, and hires an OC. Until then, this will limit us from being a conference championship and CFP level team. 

The second half of this post is where I'm at. Sark as an OV wouldn't go pussy mode and turtle like he did after going up 21 he'd do his job and score fucking points until the coach told him to chew clock. Since he's both he decided to turtle and play conservative, but not really chew that much clock or even press the run and stretch the field. He just can't do both roles. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, USNALonghorn said:

I watched some of that game, the Arky, and aggy games. Doesn’t change the fact the Bama looks limited by OC ineptitude. 

Both us and Bama are 6-1 and should be in the top 10 of the AP next week. I don't know if either of us are NC contenders but we are both damn good football teams. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, mwaadeeb said:

We seem to be recruiting smarter, no doubt about that, but this years class doesn't seem to be coming together during Sark's best year, his mojo year, so I wonder.

NIL has more to do with recruiting than a lot of you realize and there hasn't exactly been a great return both emotionally and fiscally for some of the $$ put out there. It's normalizing and this is why the baseline becomes so much more important. 

• Hook 'Em 5

Just now, immamac said:

The second half of this post is where I'm at. Sark as an OV wouldn't go pussy mode and turtle like he did after going up 21 he'd do his job and score fucking points until the coach told him to chew clock. Since he's both he decided to turtle and play conservative, but not really chew that much clock or even press the run and stretch the field. He just can't do both roles. 

Turtling and refusing to take the points while up 14 points were the key issues today.

• Hook 'Em 4

2 minutes ago, mwaadeeb said:

Wait- You expect true freshman to be out there balling lights out 6 games into college?

Just now, USNALonghorn said:

Turtling and refusing to take the points while up 14 points were the key issues today.

This is basically the story of the game. Didn't just put them completely down and out. Let them still have hope and then it turned into a real game. 

Sark does not fucking get it still....not kicking the fucking field goal when up 21-0 was amateur hour G5 coaching bullshit like G5 Tom did......I get the idea of twisting the knife, but you are early in the fucking game and anything can happen and they are already bleeding out and instead of stabbing them another time even for 3 you fucking throw some gauze at them and run over and hide behind the fucking chainsaws to have a good cry about the bad things that almost happened to you like a dumb cunt in a shitty horror movie....well they patched themselves up and got up and chased your ass around with a fucking chainsaw you stupid bitch and almost cut your fucking head off at the end

that 3 points would have been only slightly less demoralizing than 7 points and then another kick off and offensive series facing being down 3 scores (with 2 point conversions) or realistically 4 scores......instead they were hopping around like they had just arrived in Kansas City because of a failed attempt to go for it on 4th and got some life

that is just dumb ass coaching bullshit especially against a program that knows this is the last time they will even sniff Texas in their shitty stajium and that has lived for that moment for the last 15+ years

and of course late in the game that 3 points being on the board would have made things much more of a panic for them and much more urgent which is when a drunken, one dimensional, can't coach for shit, fucking fool coaching for his job fucks things all up and his shitty team implodes

this is not the first time Sark has done this dumb shit either he needs to fucking learn.....the only good news is Texas finally has a team that does not fall apart when the coach does dumb shit like in the past and plays through it

Edited by ButtFumble

2 minutes ago, ChickenNuggets said:

Well.. firing Mack turned out fantastic... and now y'all want to fire Sark... Some dumb mutha fuckers around here. Makes one wonder what y'all do for a living and if you're any good.

Shit's better than it wuz under the last two coaches... 

Aside from Greenspoint, who wants to fire Sark?

3 minutes ago, immamac said:

This is basically the story of the game. Didn't just put them completely down and out. Let them still have hope and then it turned into a real game. 

Yeah, and then cougar high started running shell coverages that are Sark's kryptonite.  Really disappointing that Texas struggled to run the ball against that terrible defense.  

Sark lost me on this game. I'm hoping he rubs victory after victory in my face, but Im no longer an apologist. This team is wasting a lot of talent. I'm hoping he gets them to turn the corner.  It's progress in that last year I think we lose this game, but damn we are way more talented than this Houston team, like way more.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

Just now, ztejas said:

Wait you're talking about our 2024 recruiting class? Lol gtfo out of here with that bullshit. It's fucking October. Go bitch about that on the 9.95 board. 

i'm talking about this years recruiting class vs the last few classes at this point. There's still time but it makes me wonder. No reason to wig out.

1 minute ago, mwaadeeb said:

I expect you to read english.

You mean the 24 class. Then you are a dumb fuck. Pre Sark we recruited number with no plan. Now we are addressing needs. We are recruiting smarter. Anyone who doesn't see that is regarded.

2 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Wait you're talking about our 2024 recruiting class? Lol gtfo out of here with that bullshit. It's fucking October. Go bitch about that on the 9.95 board. 

This mfer is talking about next year's class in fucking October. What a fucking clown.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Thatguy said:

You mean the 24 class. Then you are a dumb fuck. Pre Sark we recruited number with no plan. Now we are addressing needs. We are recruiting smarter. Anyone who doesn't see that is regarded.

This mfer is talking about next year's class in fucking October. What a fucking clown.

I specifically said Sark was recruiting smarter you fucking nitwit.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

we are way more talented than this Houston team, like way more.

Are we?   Their Oline pretty much stoned our pass rush all game and our secondary could not hang with their receivers.  The only area we were clearly better was rush defense.  We still have average pass rushers and secondary.  No better than theirs really.  

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, ClubWhatever said:

Are we?   Their Oline pretty much stoned our pass rush all game and our secondary could not hang with their receivers.  The only area we were clearly better was rush defense.  We still have average pass rushers and secondary.  No better than theirs really.  

I feel very comfortable saying Holgerson would swap rosters in a heartbeat 

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Sark lost me on this game. I'm hoping he rubs victory after victory in my face, but Im no longer an apologist. This team is wasting a lot of talent. I'm hoping he gets them to turn the corner.  It's progress in that last year I think we lose this game, but damn we are way more talented than this Houston team, like way more.

We were exponentially more talented than Kansas in 21 when we were the only FBS they were able to beat. Sark is a f'n fraud. His teams play to the level of the competition and no matter the talent differential, its likely a one score game. We just gotta hope we can stack enough talent to win a la LSU with Miles and Coach O. 

• Hook 'Em 4

All I know is we're seven games into the season about to be #7 in the AP and still have everything to play for. 

Program is trending in the right direction. I didn't want to see Quinn get hurt and I'm not sure Maalik or Arch is a better QB but I do want to see someone that can consistently make reads and run Sark's offense because we have yet to see that. Quinn is fine but today was just another data point that we can do better. 

The D is getting better despite what a lot of you think. The talent on the lines is getting better. The culture seems to be getting better. 

There are worse guys we could have running the program. Would any of you take Riley or Brian Kelly over Sark? Not sure I would. 

Sometimes it takes time. Look at Clemson or Michigan. 

• Hook 'Em 4

1 minute ago, Blotto said:

We were exponentially more talented than Kansas in 21 when we were the only FBS they were able to beat. Sark is a f'n fraud. His teams play to the level of the competition and no matter the talent differential, its likely a one score game. We just gotta hope we can stack enough talent to win a la LSU with Miles and Coach O. 

Agreed, have we beat a team we shouldn't have with him have we?

9 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

I feel very comfortable saying Holgerson would swap rosters in a heartbeat 

No shit. Doesn’t change the fact that we have a non-existent edge rush and our DBs are slow.

9 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

Would he swap Olines?   DEs?  Safeties?  Maybe but it's not clear cut.  I promise you he would not swap QBs which is the most important position.  

You’re an idiot.

8 minutes ago, ztejas said:

All I know is we're seven games into the season about to be #7 in the AP and still have everything to play for. 

Program is trending in the right direction. I didn't want to see Quinn get hurt and I'm not sure Maalik or Arch is a better QB but I do want to see someone that can consistently make reads and run Sark's offense because we have yet to see that. Quinn is fine but today was just another data point that we can do better. 

The D is getting better despite what a lot of you think. The talent on the lines is getting better. The culture seems to be getting better. 

There are worse guys we could have running the program. Would any of you take Riley or Brian Kelly over Sark? Not sure I would. 

Yup... this..... Maybe not so much D getting better... needs serious improvement. But yeah... agree... 99.9%. A bunch of pantywaists on this thread...  

20 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Talking me off the ledge...too many years of "here we go again"...

16 minutes ago, mwaadeeb said:

T-shirt morons on the football board, serves me right.

Diploma on the wall brother. Come to the house and see. People on this board know me in real life. Your recruiting take is dumb. Every week I sit and talk with a guy who is probably the most knowledgeable recruiting guy out there as far as Texas is concerned. If you know where I live, you would know who I am talking about. I only keep quiet about recruiting because I am told things in confidence.

• Hook 'Em 1

22 minutes ago, ztejas said:

D is getting better?😂

50 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Sark is not a good HC. He’s a coordinator 

I'm not convinced he's even a great OC at this point. Opposing DCs with far inferior talent seem to figure him out during the game and he has little/no counter punch.  He's a great play designer.  He seems to be a mediocre play caller, at least here at UT.   

• Hook 'Em 4

Just now, bschoolprof said:

I'm not convinced he's even a great OC at this point. Opposing DCs with far inferior talent seem to figure him out during the game and he has little/no counter punch.  He's a great play designer.  He seems to be a mediocre play caller, at least here at UT.   

He’s one of the best OC resume wise. He’s won multiple nc on different teams under different coaches as OC stop being an ass. 

• Hook 'Em 3

19 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Talking me off the ledge...too many years of "here we go again"...

Surly is amazing at moving goalposts and quickly at that. I'm not going to let myself forget the decade plus of shit we just wandered through. We're fucking 6-1 and about to be ranked 7th in the AP and stamp our 7th straight week being inside the top 10. I'll eat a little crow on days like today because I thought we'd whip UH's ass and we didn't - but at the end of the day we won. You play to win the fucking game. It's a binary outcome and we left on the right side today. It's the shit that we've hated about OU for so long - they always pull it out of their ass. Well today we did that.

We used to lose these games. Sark himself said it: you lose close, then you win close, then you win big. It's still CFB so you always get a grab bag but we've whipped some serious ass this year, lost a close one in a rivalry game to a good OU team and won a close one. I remember after the ISU game last year I fucking cried because I was so fucking used to losing those games and we finally hadn't pissed one away. Today reminded me a lot of that game. We didn't let it get away - we never let them lead - we came up with huge plays when it matted and scored when we had to. We haven't done that consistently in a long fucking time. 

That's what good teams and winning programs do and we're starting to see it more often. Sark is a flawed head coach but he has some great attributes. He doesn't seem arrogant and doesn't seem to take things for granted. He seems to have class and morals and know how to win - and I think he recognizes his mistakes and tries to learn from them.

Maybe this is all horseshit and we fall off a cliff the rest of the season but I don't think so. I think these guys have integrity and I think lot of them are winners. We can complain (and justly so) about the secondary play and not getting home to the QB and playing sloppy on O but all of those motherfuckers played hard for 4 Qs - and they've done that all season. That D (and D Line) especially gave it everything they fucking had and it wound up being enough.

Survive and advance. Let's fuck BYU up next week. 

Edited by ztejas
  • Hook 'Em 5

15 minutes ago, Dilligas said:

D is getting better?😂

UH scored 3 points on their last 4 possessions. 

Our patchwork secondary isn't helping. Watts was a huge loss. You'd expect a lot of these guys being baptized by fire to get better as the season goes on. 

And by "getting better" I mean vs. previous seasons. That is absolutely fucking true. 

Edited by ztejas
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, ztejas said:

UH scored 3 points on their last 4 possessions. 

Our patchwork secondary isn't helping. Watts was a huge loss. You'd expect a lot of these guys being baptized by fire to get better as the season goes on. 

And by "getting better" I mean vs. previous seasons. That is absolutely fucking true. 

Hey man whatever makes you feel better about this abortion of a game. We can agree to disagree, unfortunately at this stage of the season I don’t see massive improvement. But go Stangs!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, immamac said:

He’s one of the best OC resume wise. He’s won multiple nc on different teams under different coaches as OC stop being an ass. 

Cool.  Cool resume. 

Right now, he's not coordinating an offense that is "great."   And I started a thread called "Sark's offense fucks" back in 21.  But this offense has struggled since last year and he doesn't seem to have the answers.  

5 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Surly is amazing at moving goalposts and quickly at that. I'm not going to let myself forget the decade plus of shit we just wandered through. We're fucking 6-1 and about to be ranked 7th in the AP and stamp our 7th straight week being inside the top 10. I'll eat a little crow on days like today because I thought we'd whip UH's ass and we didn't - but at the end of the day we won. You play to win the fucking game. It's a binary outcome and we left on the right side today. It's the shit that we've hated about OU for so long - they always pull it out of their ass. Well today we did that.

We used to lose these games. Sark himself said it: you lose close, then you win close, then you win big. It's still CFB so you always get a grab bag but we've whipped some serious ass this year, lost a close one in a rivalry game to a good OU team and won a close won. I remember after the ISU game last year I fucking cried because I was so fucking used to losing those games and we finally hadn't pissed one away. Today reminded me a lot of that game. We didn't let it get away - we never let them lead - we came up with huge plays when it matted and scored when we had to. We haven't done that consistently in a long fucking time. 

That's what good teams and winning programs do and we're starting to see it more often. Sark is a flawed head coach but he has some great attributes. He doesn't seem arrogant and doesn't seem to take things for granted. He seems to have class and morals and know how to win - and I think he recognizes his mistakes and tries to learn from them.

Maybe this is all horseshit and we fall off a cliff the rest of the season but I don't think so. I think these guys have integrity and I think lot of them are winners. We can complain (and justly so) about the secondary play and not getting home to the QB and playing sloppy on O but all of those motherfuckers played hard for 4 Qs - and they've done that all season. That D (and D Line) especially gave it everything they fucking had and it wound up being enough.

Survive and advance. Let's fuck BYU up next week. 

This is what I am talking about. This man gets it.

• Hook 'Em 4

2 minutes ago, bschoolprof said:

Cool.  Cool resume. 

Right now, he's not coordinating an offense that is "great."   And I started a thread called "Sark's offense fucks" back in 21.  But this offense has struggled since last year and he doesn't seem to have the answers.  

He is trying to head coach and OC and can't do both. This is one of the main gripes of many on the board. 

• Hook 'Em 2