NBA 2023-24

shadow_operative

2 minutes ago, Dutchrudder said:

It shifts around based on who is the most beneficial to the league, and whatever team is playing against Chris Paul. 

The only thing I find to be ridiculous is that Paul and that ref ever share a court together. Paul is, to be kind, not someone I enjoy watching, but that ref should never be assigned to his games. They clearly have issues with each other that go well beyond basketball. 

12 minutes ago, Blotto said:

Has the NBA been able to confirm if there is a single fan that gives a solitary fuck about this in season tournament? 

It's been a huge success. 

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/nbas-in-season-tournament-has-taken-off-and-the-ratings-have-reportedly-followed/

It's just better NBA games early in the season. Celts/Pacers and Suns/Lakers were both fantastic basketball games. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Blotto said:

Has the NBA been able to confirm if there is a single fan that gives a solitary fuck about this in season tournament? 

I don’t think anyone has any real attachment to winning it, but the games have been entertaining so far. Usually it’s hard to watch any NBA games not involving my team before the All-Star break, but there have been some really fun ones so far because of this tournament. Games with the Pacers have been pretty wild.

• Like 1

If you give the winners an extra draft pick (#15 back of the lottery) then more “hardcore” fans would care. The players would care because of the money. Everyone cares!

4 hours ago, Blotto said:

If the players care, I care, people are silly in that they do not understand why December basketball sucks, it is not about too many games (but obviously it is a reason) it is because the players don't care care.

The best enjoyment I ever had was the last 20 games of the Lakers last season, every game fucking mattered.

21 hours ago, Blotto said:

Care about the cup?  NOPE!   Enjoying the hell out of truly competitive high level NBA basketball before Christmas?  100000000%   The games have been GREAT!

• Hook 'Em 1

16 hours ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Zion looks more like Oliver Miller than college Zion

I guess I hadnt seen him this yr.   He is MASSIVE!!!!!   They are saying he is playing relatively well but there is no way he can make it all the way through the season with all that weight.

I guess I hadnt seen him this yr.   He is MASSIVE!!!!!   They are saying he is playing relatively well but there is no way he can make it all the way through the season with all that weight.

Yea I don’t see it either. Dude was noticeably bigger than previous years… just a matter a time before he gets some nagging knee injury thatll shelf him for the year

Dude has to be 3 bills. Not sure how to address it at this point. Either he doesn't care and never will or he has an eating disorder that needs to be treated somehow. He isn't going to make it 1,500 minutes this season. 

Also his board and block numbers are pitiful and he's fouling at a career high clip. 

Edited by ztejas

38 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Yea I don’t see it either. Dude was noticeably bigger than previous years… just a matter a time before he gets some nagging knee injury thatll shelf him for the year

How does he average less than six rebounds a game at his size? This is something I just cannot fathom how he isn’t better at this aspect of the game. He had a grand total of two last night. What was that Barkley quote about a power forward and rebounding?

Edited by UpperWestside

1 hour ago, ztejas said:

Dude has to be 3 bills. Not sure how to address it at this point. Either he doesn't care and never will or he has an eating disorder that needs to be treated somehow. He isn't going to make it 1,500 minutes this season. 

Also his board and block numbers are pitiful and he's fouling at a career high clip. 

At least 300!   He makes LBJ look skinny and he has always been at least 250

34 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Pelicans are well aware he doesn’t give a shit

Got that bag tho

47239f5099813849f8902a6cb84f8534.jpg

It’s a paywall link so screenshot will do

This why the notion that they HAD to give him that huge contract was crazy.   If he didnt give a shit when he was on his rookie deal, he was never gonna care once he started getting paid 40M/yr.   I suppose they could still trade him and get a pretty huge haul and maybe that is what he wants but man this is a fucked up situation

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, ztejas said:

The whole team ain't fat. Brandon Ingram looks like a stalk of celery.

If you need to watch your weight, it’s a bad place to live. I gain a few pounds every time I visit.  Most NBA players are tall, lanky guys.  Imagine Kevin Durant being fat.  He couldn’t be fat if he tried.  Zion can be fat, and the red beans and rice and poboys aren’t helping.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, conVINCEd said:

He lives in New Orleans.  He has an embarrassment of riches for ways to get fat.

That was always the worry for me.    Sending a fat person to NO with a crazy amount of money and nothing else to do makes it all but a certainty that they are gonna get fatter

• Hook 'Em 1

The only thing I find to be ridiculous is that Paul and that ref ever share a court together. Paul is, to be kind, not someone I enjoy watching, but that ref should never be assigned to his games. They clearly have issues with each other that go well beyond basketball. 
Like Tony Brothers and Jok. Brothers fucking hates Jokic.
I'm sure@UpperWestside loves it.

12 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

Like Tony Brothers and Jok. Brothers fucking hates Jokic. I'm sure@UpperWestside loves it.

I think the same here as with Paul. If there is reasonable cause to believe an official is letting a personal bias impede officiating a game fairly then that official needs to be permanently taken off games involving that player. Officials have to remember nobody pays to see them and nobody cares one iota about seeing them. If they cannot do their job professionally they should not have it. Go officiate high school ball in Idaho if you can’t do your job properly.

I am pretty sure I am mocking it and have done the same when talking to friends about the NBA.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, d2o said:

OKC pulls out a damn good win over GSW in OT.    They've already played GSW 4 times and are 3-1.  Warriors with 29 TOs.   OKC with 78 paint pts.   Warriors might really be dead this time.

SGA and Chet get the attention on that team but Jalen Williams is a baller.  Long, athletic, good ball handler, and a three level scorer.  I think they've found a core three.  If they were trade say, Giddey, and some of their juicy draft picks for a big man to go along Chet, that's a pretty good team, if not a contender right now.

• Hook 'Em 1

I think the same here as with Paul. If there is reasonable cause to believe an official is letting a personal bias impede officiating a game fairly then that official needs to be permanently taken off games involving that player. Officials have to remember nobody pays to see them and nobody cares one iota about seeing them. If they cannot do their job professionally they should not have it. Go officiate high school ball in Idaho if you can’t do your job properly.

I am pretty sure I am mocking it and have done the same when talking to friends about the NBA.

I would pay to see Scott foster throw cp3 out. Especially if he gave Cp3 the disrespectful pointer finger technical foul

NBA Ref assignments in the playoffs should work like jury selection. Each team gets to strike 3 refs from the pool in their series, and the NBA has to fill the spots with the remaining ones. It would be a lot of fun to see who teams disrespect and hate. If a ref is struck by every team, then they are terminated.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

So I looked up at Minnesota is 17-4.  

And Rudy is playing out of his mind.

If this keeps up through this season, I'll be disappointed if @MNLonghornFUKM doesn't rub it in all of our faces given all of the shit he took for the trade.

Unless the trade is an obvious salary dump where one team is getting a Hall of Famer it seems like it is best to wait a few years to see the totality of what happens. Gobert going to Minnesota had the added complications of him attempting to fit with KAT and a still developing Anthony Edwards. Now Edwards has the confidence coming off the World Cup and Minnesota has found a way to make the pieces fit so far this season. In general I think it’s good that they are winning as it gives Edwards more time nationally to show how talented he is.

4 hours ago, Dutchrudder said:

NBA Ref assignments in the playoffs should work like jury selection. Each team gets to strike 3 refs from the pool in their series, and the NBA has to fill the spots with the remaining ones. It would be a lot of fun to see who teams disrespect and hate. If a ref is struck by every team, then they are terminated.

That would be one of the most awesome things the NBA has ever done. I would love to have seen this back in the day with Ron Garretson and Bennett Salvatore.

• Hook 'Em 2