University of Arizona and the curious case of the missing quarter billion dollars

Evil Bill Obrien

Yea I don’t get how you miss that badly. But the cause seems pretty clear, they have been giving any student with half a brain a free education. Sucks to suck. 
“If you look at the band from 3.75 GPA to 4.0, there are a lot of students here that pay nothing,” he said. “We lose money on every one.”

Ass, gas or grass! No one ride for free!!!
200.gif

c52389df7d52d60f5dc6dcb4478850d4.gif
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, TrashMaster G said:

Wood.

I'm not proud of it, but yeah.

Hitting that is nothing to be ashamed of.

4 hours ago, LonghornBreeder said:

Having done my graduate work at that University I can confirm both the ridiculously distracting level of talent on campus and also the staggering level of stupidity on that campus.

Students from Arizona are far outnumbered by rejects of the Cal and Texas programs. I couldn't tell you how many unreadable, incoherent essays I came across while grading for 3rd and 4th year classes. And these were students in communication science and linguistics courses.

Spent a semester there in grad school 20 or so years ago. I can double confirm the talent is fantastic. 

19 hours ago, gernblansten said:

"In my defense, I tens of thousands of exhibits to show just how distracting it is to work here, leading to simple accounting errors. Ex. 1 of 37,185.."

spacer.png

Post more of this

18 hours ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

For context:

image.png.6e46bec34bdbdae2d45a3b08c376b76c.png

image.png.0f4624046d2f453a3f3913d16d75da0d.png

and post less of this.  

geez. What has this site come to.

• Fuck You 1

https://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/finances/104179

their athletics program is a mess

these are the academic side transfers (exclusive of student fees) that AU has had over the last 5 years

$27,866,490

$53,313,313

$11,792,618

$19,989,794

$11,331,638

totals to $124,293,853 in 5 years exclusive of the $12 million or so in student fees

in 2022 their athletics department also had $129,770,000 in debt and the debt service was $11,468,006

most of the PAC 12 is in the poor shape and some are worse