Texas vs Delaware State- 8pm on LHN

shadow_operative

2 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

The recipe for beating the zone is putting Brock at the FT line instead of Mitchell. Much better passer. playmaker, and decision maker. 

The zone has been cooked the moment they had Brock in the middle of the zone. 

Disu would rip that zone apart with the floatation station.

Edited by HtownHorn

7 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

two slow starts, two major second half rebound performances. i’m actually totally pleased with that outcome through the first two games of the RT era with all of these new faces. the talent is evident. looking forward to watching this team grow. 🤘🏼 

Small sample size against scrub teams, but we're at just over 45% from  deep (22/48)

New trending GIF on Giphy | Mr., Giphy, Jack nicholson

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Blotto said:

Small sample size against scrub teams, but we're at just over 45% from  deep (22/48)

New trending GIF on Giphy | Mr., Giphy, Jack nicholson

We can shoot. Horton, Cunningham, and Abmas are all good 3 point shooters. If Hunter takes that next step to around a 40% 3 point shooter we have 4 dudes that hit shots from the perimeter. 

I think the key moving forward will be turnovers. That I believe is potentially our biggest weakness. 

Horton and Abmas are really not ball handlers. They're scorers. We need Hunter to really limit turnovers and run point at a high level. To me that's much more valuable than any scoring he offers because we have dudes that can get buckets. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Rickylovesweed said:

I didn't expect it but looks like RT might like Chris Johnson as the 4th guard more than he does Weaver. 

After seeing him in person, Weaver is really fun to watch. I don’t think TV would accurately show just how off the charts his jumping ability is.  He plays hard and I’m rooting for him. 

Edited by CTC2
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

What the fuck is a Bellarmine?  Is that that ZZTop song from like 50 years ago?  

If we lose to Louisville, fire RT.  Period.  But yeah, we're gonna know where our frontcourt stands in a short while between UCONN and Marquette.  Otherwise, I think this was probably a good year with so many new faces (even more than usual in the portal era) to take it a bit easier in OOC to give them time, and because this final year in the Big XII is gonna be brutal in terms of intra-conference competition.  Kansas, Baylor, Texas, and Houston could easily be half of the Elite 8 this season.  

Not to get cocky, but in other OOC news---LSU (whom we play in about 8 weeks) got embarrassed by Nicholls State last night in Baton Rouge.  Down by 20 at the half, they lost 68-66.  Apparently their 5 total assists as a team and 16% shooting from 3P wasn't enough for the Tigers.  Nicholls State has averaged 7 overall wins over the past 3 seasons and is arguably one of the worst Div. I programs in the nation.  

He's had a helluva run since he left Texas.  But unless he knocks out our whole frontcourt (which is possible considering how much muscle he added in Reno---is that a Johnny Cash song?), I think we're fine against LSU in Houston.  We should organize a Surly up 'n back sameday trip.  I'm trying to find some work excuse to be there but coming up dry so far given that it's a week before everybody's kids get out for the Christmas break.

12 hours ago, Rickylovesweed said:

I think the key moving forward will be turnovers. That I believe is potentially our biggest weakness. 

Horton and Abmas are really not ball handlers. They're scorers. We need Hunter to really limit turnovers and run point at a high level. To me that's much more valuable than any scoring he offers because we have dudes that can get buckets. 

Yea turnovers are always higher in a uptempo, quick shot offense. But you’ll get more possessions and shots as well. Definitely not the half court motion that beard ran which limits turnovers. 

A large portion of our 20 turnovers occurred at the very beginning of the game. Once we settled in they slowed down. We have a ton of new players and everyone just needs to get on the same page.

Once we get Disu back our inside play will be excellent. If this team can shoot a high percentage from three we will be one of the last teams anyone will want to face.

Let’s wreck this dying conference.