2023 Iron Bowl - Alabama vs. Auburn

satyanash

1 hour ago, Pato del Muerto said:

And if you drop 9, how do you end up with a 1 on 1 in the end zone?

1 hour ago, BurgleBro said:

Using the spy in the middle effectively made the play 11 on 10 smh

1 hour ago, TrashMaster G said:

Not that you're wrong, but they dropped eight. The two ends rushed and they kept one spy in the middle in case Milroe ran.

I love how Freeze did not trust the other 8 DBs to notice the qb was scrambling before he got all 30 yards. 

2 hours ago, PittsburghTiger said:

I’m still shaking my head.  Just kicked in the balls.  

but remember when we did the kicking.  17-16, Bo over top, Marcellus Mostellar fumble or kick six. Granted I have no clue what the defense was supposed to be.  They could have put six guys in end zone and covered everything.

• Hook 'Em 1

For decades this game had 50/50 seating at Legion Field and was more intense and special because of it (see, e.g., every Texas/OU game played at Cotton Bowl Stadium). I miss that but otherwise, it is always a nerve wracker. I like the TX/OU seating divided at the 50 yard line best. Bama/Auburn was always divided at the goal posts. College football never gets old. IMHO the tag “Iron Bowl” only applied to 50/50 games in Birmingham. 

• Hook 'Em 2

6 hours ago, Jive Turkey said:

Texas made Milroe look so average that he got benched. He barely beats 6-5 Auburn on a miracle throw and now wants the Heisman. Can’t wait for Georgia to remind him he ain’t that great. 

Surly implosion scenario: Bama somehow beats Georgia in an ugly game. Both get left out of the CFP while the Horns boatrace Okie State, get BIGged out and they end up meeting Bama in a NY6 bowl. Improbable? So was 4th and 31.

22 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

Well once all the receivers were out he should have dropped to about the 15.  Still there in case Milroe runs but can head to the end zone to help if he passes.

But it would have been better if that guy rushed.  You can't give Milroe all day.

17 hours ago, bullet said:

But it would have been better if that guy rushed.  You can't give Milroe all day.

Should have done the delayed rush like we did to Troy Smith in 2005.  Make him make a decision. You want him to take off and run there, hell they should be inviting it, not protecting against it.