Marvel Studios' Echo

speed817

I was not interested until the trailer came out and it said the show was TV-MA. Looks a lot like a Netflix Marvel show. Plus, having D'Onofrio reprising Kingpin gets an instant watch from me. All 5 episodes will be up on launch day. 

Haven't watched it yet, but a little concerned they dumped all the episodes out at once instead of weekly like usually. Not sure if that's a good sign.

What If season 2 also aired one every day for the Christmas week, but I'm not sure if that was planned with everyone being on vacation or it was a reaction to declining Marvel ratings in general.

The trailer does look good. Has the actress bulked up some? She looks thicker than in Hawkeye.

Haven't watched either but I think it's more a nod to how Netflix released Marvel shows since this is from that same/adjacent universe. It was always planned to have the shows there at the same time.

• Hook 'Em 1

50 minutes ago, Viper said:

Haven't watched it yet, but a little concerned they dumped all the episodes out at once instead of weekly like usually. Not sure if that's a good sign.

I’ve heard a couple of reasons, with one that stands out as them being nervous about a mature-rated show with lesser known characters and a limited run.  

11 hours ago, HornOnTheBayou said:

How's the violence level? Is it OK for a middle-schooler? I watched the first episode and I would be fine if he watched it, but I wasn't sure if it got worse.

Did you let him watch daredevil?  It’s not like DD all the time, but it has its moments

Just now, Js1 said:

It was short. I liked Maya’s family and the Choctaw stuff. 

up until...

Spoiler

....the old lady and cousin suddenly got powers and started whipping butt and then Biscuits shows up in a brand new monster truck that we are to assume he assembled in a few hours from junk yard parts.

Really liked the Choctaw storyline.  Felt connected to What If season 2.  

24 minutes ago, Scary Stranger said:

up until...

Reveal hidden contents

....the old lady and cousin suddenly got powers and started whipping butt and then Biscuits shows up in a brand new monster truck that we are to assume he assembled in a few hours from junk yard parts.

Except that the whole series hinted at the family/ancestral connection.  Agree on the second part.   That was the only thing in the series I thought was dumb.  

Overall an enjoyable watch with some interesting character arcs for Maya and Fisk.  It’s a nice break from the CGI-heavy Marvel standard.   

18 hours ago, Guadaloopy said:

Really liked the Choctaw storyline.  Felt connected to What If season 2.  

Except that the whole series hinted at the family/ancestral connection.  Agree on the second part.   That was the only thing in the series I thought was dumb.  

Overall an enjoyable watch with some interesting character arcs for Maya and Fisk.  It’s a nice break from the CGI-heavy Marvel standard.   

Spoiler

Eh.  Maybe is she had healed someone.  Not so much as hitting a guy up into the ceiling.  Just seemed like they rushed to write an ending and 'give them powers!!' was the easy way out.

I thought it started great, but it seems obvious they cut back on spending and episodes in the last half.

Spoiler

Her first fight and then the roller rink fight were pretty awesome but there wasn't much after the train. Pretty sure it was supposed to be 6 eps and they cut one and didn't have the budget to do the last episodes like they did the first 2 or 3 with the last episode only being 30 mins. It felt like there was too much sitting and talking the last half, and we never really got to know anything about the side characters. Bonnie was supposed to be super important to Maya and they just kind of avoid her for the whole show, don't tell us anything about her life now, and they never really talk or resolve anything.

And the Kingpin really was too much emotional child and not enough ruthless boss. I know it's an interesting fine line they play with him, but all he's done is lose so far. He needs to show some competence to continue to be a fearsome bad guy. 

I fear I was correct that they just dumped the whole thing at once because they didn't have any confidence in it with the cutbacks.

Ep 1 was great. Glad it felt gritty and fun like the other good Marvel series...and not like that Secret Invasion bullshit.

Ep 2-4 seems like just one long ass episode.

About to start Ep 5 tonight....lame there are only 5.

7 hours ago, utxmike05 said:

Holy shit. What a shitty finale. Had potential with her gearing up...but then the most uneventful final action scene. Episode 1 was the best. Don't watch more. 

No no, you need ep 2 with the roller rink fight scene too. I think around episode 3 is where they cut the budget. 

Edited by Viper