Texas Softball 2024 - Farewell to the Big 12 (and back to OKC?)

Js1

1 minute ago, Pato del Muerto said:

That girl was fast enough to score from first even if Maloney got the ball clean. 

It's not scored based on her being fast enough to score.  It's based on the fact she did score because the RF misplayed the ball, which she did.  It's an error.

• Leadoff hitter swinging at 1st pitch
  • Mia hit a poor pitch with 3-1 count..
  • 7 pitch 1st inning for aggy.

It's fuckin' hot, keep aggys in the field.

Terrible approach at plate in 1st inning.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

That girl was fast enough to score from first even if Maloney got the ball clean. 

I agree

4 minutes ago, Js1 said:

The error on the Martinez misplay. Double and error, no RBI, for Cannon 

3 minutes ago, Hondo said:

They should have, because it was.  2 different plays, but that was an error on the RF that allowed her to score.

I checked the box score yes two errors in the first inning. I just wasn’t sure if the RF mishandle as going to be scored an E, it was.

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Hondo said:

It's not scored based on her being fast enough to score.  It's based on the fact she did score because the RF misplayed the ball, which she did.  It's an error.

We know how you are on the baseball threads, but take it up with the official NCAA box score. Double & RBI. 

https://www.ncaa.com/game/6289419/play-by-play

Edited by shadow_operative2.0

15 minutes ago, Hondo said:

2 Errors.  One to put her on base, and a fielding error in RF allowing her to score from 1st.

We are OUT of the inning without the first runner getting on. Second E ( if it was one ) wouldn't have mattered.

I have been thinking that I must be seeing things on some of these balls and strikes from the home plate umpire.  I found a pitch tracker on the ESPN app.  This is the strike zone from the left handed batter for aggy that singled to left field.  I was especially interested in pitch #3.

image.thumb.jpeg.0aa04604345a11e581b9740bb4fbdadb.jpeg