Did Trump commit treason today?

TexArcher

Did Trump commit treason today?  

217 members have voted

1. 1. Did Trump commit treason today?

I think Trump was obviously trying to cool tensions with Russia and the people spreading this hysteria for political points.  If someone is our enemy, then you don't berate them, tell them how everything they do is bad and proclaim yourself as the greatest if you are trying to normalize the relationship. 

Did anyone really believe that Trump was going to insult Putin and throw down the people's elbow when tensions are this high? 

What matters from here is how Putin behaves.  If he acts provocatively from here, I'd take the "threat" more seriously.  If he starts playing nice we can hit that reset button. Right now this Putin's puppet thing is on par with the birther controversy.  It's purely part of an insult match that is 100% grounded in politics.

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

2 hours ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

Where do y’all come up with this stuff? It certainly isn’t trumps words which have been since well before the election that we need to make stronger relationships with Russia. It isn’t trumps actions where he has been cozying up to Russia every day, slow playing in the implementation of sanctions against them despite overwhelming bipartisan support for those sanctions in the Senate,  sending multiple delegations over there,  refusing to act anyway with respect to crimea.  

Is it weird that you have to pretend he is doing the exact opposite of what he is doing, and saying the exact opposite of what he is saying in order to justify your support of the guy? 

Pretend?  Have you not seen him go after Germany over there natural gas deal with Russia?  Have you not heard in the news that he has asked NATO to increase defense spending by 4%?   It's just the start.  

He probably does want a better relationship with Russia, but how do you get that with someone like Putin in charge?  You arent going to get it playing footsy under the table with him.  You start taking their economy down and put Putin in a rough spot politically and he will come around...

• Fuck You 1

13 minutes ago, Ramdiesel said:

You start taking their economy down and put Putin in a rough spot politically and he will come around...

.....which is why Trump vehemently opposed the sanctions passed by Congress, as well as any suggestion of further sanctions.

giphy.gif

Taking their economy down is exactly what Obama did. In addition to sanctions, we worked with our allies to decrease oil prices, because Russia is little more than a glorified gas station with nukes, and Russia's economy cratered as a result. That's a large part of why Putin came to hate Obama and Hillary so much, and why he decided to hack our election and try to install a Manchurian candidate. He almost certainly never thought he would actually succeed.

Edited by wildcat09
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, VRHorn said:

Well, if we're not at war with Russia, he really can't (according to the strict reading of the Constitution).

I guess he could have Congress declare war and then do what he's doing.

An official declaration of war can't be the standard.  Otherwise, an American participating in a sneak attack like Pearl Harbor couldn't be guilty of treason, which would be insane.  The standard would have to be an act of war, if we got down to it. 

7 minutes ago, American Swindle said:

No, he did not. 

I'm with Rand on this, he should be lauded for trying to create a dialogue with our adversaries.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWTaOrgcs24

Since when have we not had a dialogue with Russia?   The height of the Cold War?   We're in constant dialogue. What we need is good foreign policy and a strong, uncompromised president. 

Edited by Mojo Hand
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mojo Hand said:

Since when have we not had a dialogue with Russia?   The height of the Cold War?   We're in constant dialogue. What we need is good foreign policy and a strong, uncompromised president. 

Okay, then what is all the hysteria about?  Why does it seem that everyone on the left and right hate that he met with Putin?  

The media these days seems to be in desperation mode.  Constant hysteria, almost as if they always want that bogeyman out there so we can constantly feed the military-industrial machine with upwards to 1 trillion/year. 

• Fuck You 4

Just now, American Swindle said:

Okay, then what is all the hysteria about?  Why does it seem that everyone on the left and right hate that he met with Putin?  

The media these days seems to be in desperation mode.  Constant hysteria, almost as if they always want that bogeyman out there so we can constantly feed the military-industrial machine with upwards to 1 trillion/year. 

The issue is not the fact that a president met with Putin, but rather that this particular president shit the bed while meeting with Putin.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, American Swindle said:

You're not listening to what's going on around you.

I keep seeing this mentioned by the ardent Trump supporters and disingenuous "just asking questions" crowd. If you criticize Trump's "performance" (that's what he called it, curiously) in Helsinki then you are in favor of war with Russia. It's a completely asinine view of the situation. 

I personally don't think Trump should have met with Putin now and I don't understand the urgency. But I can be persuaded that the concept of a meeting was ok.

I am definitely opposed to a one-on-one with Putin with no other staff, which not only gives extremely poor optics but also allows both parties to completely hoodwink the public about what was said during that meeting.

Every American should be flat out furious that Trump not only met with Putin, but did it solo, AND THEN completely rolled over and let Russia scratch our belly during that sham of a press conference. We don't need the media to tell us it was bad, all you had to do was listen to it live. And if you weren't immediately thinking to yourself "What in the living fuck is he doing?" then that's on you. Even if you support the man, I don't know how any honest thinking American could assert that anything about that charade was good for any of us.

And then as a final fuck you to our citizenry, he hides behind the bullshit assertion that he's "making peace" with Russia. Get the fuck out of here with that insulting load of horse crap. If you will believe that, you will believe anything. If that was truly the mission, then it should have been an envoy in a room to document all the goodness that came out of the room.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

For those saying Trump didn’t commit treason, please provide me hypothetical examples of how Trump could commit treason, if he wanted to.

he could have colluded with Russia to win the election.  we need proof and evidence. 

saying he believes Russia over his own fbi is just stupid, but he is stupid all day long.  he discredits everyone that is not a sycophant.  the media is fake news, only because they don't ooh and aah at everything he does.  so they aren't trustworthy.  the fbi and justice dept as an inquiry going, so they are fake news too, and aren't trustworthy.  putin seemed so convincing when he denied it, so I believe him more than my own fbi, justice dept, and congress.   normally this would be just stupid and delusional, but 90% of his supporters believe him, so this makes it dangerous.  he's a sick and twisted and evil man, and anyone that believes in honesty should turn their back on him.  he is one dishonest, lying sack of shit.

My Bad Guys, I forgot we've all been programmed to be belligerent to other countries, having been at war for the majority of our country's existence.  Regardless of the alleged Russian interference (which I'm not convinced is the case,) trying to improve relations with our adversaries is a good thing no matter what in my opinion. 

And BT, i bet you make shitty briskets in real life.  

• Fuck You 4

trying to improve relations with our adversaries is a good thing no matter what in my opinion. 

Sucking our adversaries' dicks would surely "improve relations."

But most sane folks understand that's not the way to go about things.

As for my briskets -- no worries. I wouldn't ever waste even a slice on a troll.  You have nothing to worry about.

3 minutes ago, American Swindle said:

Regardless of the alleged Russian interference (which I'm not convinced is the case,) 

You know who is?  The CIA, FBI, NSA, and DNI.  

Given that, do you ever question why you don’t believe them?  Is it maybe, just maybe, that you’ve taken the position of absolutely fealty to one man over your own country?  

"trying to improve relations with our adversaries is a good thing no matter what in my opinion"

No matter what?

- At the cost of weakening our alliances with our friends?

- At the cost of weakening our position in the world as a global leader?

- At the cost of subordinating ourselves to an adversary who has repeatedly acted against our interests?

- At the cost of allowing our democratic laws ideals and systems to be suddenly brought into question?

No matter what? Go fuck yourself.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

It’s only noon but I’m 50% sure our president hasn’t committed treason today.  Winning?

Trump's intelligence chief says Russia is still targeting the US. Trump just disagreed.

2 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Sucking our adversaries' dicks would surely "improve relations."

But most sane folks understand that's not the way to go about things.

As for my briskets -- no worries. I wouldn't ever waste even a slice on a troll.  You have nothing to worry about.

So were you against his meeting with Un?  I'm not sure if Trump was performing oral on Putin or not, but maybe there is a possibility that those that stand to lose with improved relations with our adversaries are in desperation mode to scare us into unquestionably hating Russia.  Maybe I'm wrong, but time will tell.

Lastly, I wouldn't want your liquid smoke and Sweet Baby Ray's laden briskets anyway.  

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 4

9 minutes ago, American Swindle said:

Regardless of the alleged Russian interference (which I'm not convinced is the case,) trying to improve relations with our adversaries is a good thing no matter what in my opinion. 

Neville Chamberlain tried to improve relations with his adversary no matter what.   It wasn't a good thing. 

3 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

You know who is?  The CIA, FBI, NSA, and DNI.  

Given that, do you ever question why you don’t believe them?  Is it maybe, just maybe, that you’ve taken the position of absolutely fealty to one man over your own country?  

Yeah, we have so much reason to believe our intelligence community nowadays.  James Clapper is commendable because he outright lied about the NSA prism program right? 

• Fuck You 3

1 minute ago, American Swindle said:

Yeah, we have so much reason to believe our intelligence community nowadays.  James Clapper is commendable because he outright lied about the NSA prism program right? 

What has Donald Trump done in his life that gives us reason to believe a single word he says?

1 minute ago, American Swindle said:

I slam Trump when he sucks balls and give credit where it's due.  It's called being objective, you should try it some time. 

There's nothing objective about your disbelief in the conclusion that Russia interfered.   Or your claim that we're generally opposed to dialogue with Russia.  Or really anything you post. 

8 minutes ago, TornACL said:

"trying to improve relations with our adversaries is a good thing no matter what in my opinion"

No matter what?

- At the cost of weakening our alliances with our friends?

- At the cost of weakening our position in the world as a global leader?

- At the cost of subordinating ourselves to an adversary who has repeatedly acted against our interests?

- At the cost of allowing our democratic laws ideals and systems to be suddenly brought into question?

No matter what? Go fuck yourself.

You are assuming that those things are happening, i'm not sure they are and they seem a little alarmist in my opinion.  

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 2

You are assuming that those things are happening, i'm not sure they are and they seem a little alarmist in my opinion.  

So you're suggesting that if those things ARE happening, then you would join us in being opposed to how Trump has attempted to improve relations with our adversaries? Is that what you're saying?

I'm just asking questions.

1 minute ago, Mojo Hand said:

There's nothing objective about your disbelief in the conclusion that Russia interfered.   Or your claim that we're generally opposed to dialogue with Russia.  Or really anything you post. 

Is it possible they interfered?  Yes. Do i 100% believe the IC's partisan witchhunt and their conclusions? Nope.  

• Fuck You 2

Is it possible they interfered?  Yes. Do i 100% believe the IC's partisan witchhunt and their conclusions? Nope.  

Lulz at "partisan witchhunt" from the guy lecturing others on being objective. 

23 minutes ago, American Swindle said:

Regardless of the alleged Russian interference (which I'm not convinced is the case,) trying to improve relations with our adversaries is a good thing no matter what in my opinion.   

Yeah, you are your presidents ass kisser, aren't you?  come on man, there isn't an intelligent human being in the country that doesn't realize russia interfered.  the evidence is crystal clear, and not political.  its there for you if you want to see it, but I can tell you choose not to because that's the way your side is programmed.  discredit the facts, fake news! but you continue to put all your eggs in this lying, dishonest blowhard, and we'll see where you end up in two years.  I suggest you start looking at things more objectively, and not through your murky rightwing spectacles.

It's not assuming. He is basing his beliefs on multiple United States agencies, elected Democrat politicians, elected Republican politicians, fellow Americans on the grand jury, and others with access to the information obtained by the investigation. All of these people agree that it happened and is still happening. Only one person does not. But sometimes he does. Then changes his mind. After correcting his misstatement.

13 minutes ago, American Swindle said:

Well at least we know why he’s taking the position he is.  He, like our imbecilic president,  does not know the difference between the allegations that the Russians interfered and that Trump campaign colluded with the Russians interfering.  He is running interference for the latter even though we are talking about the former. 

Edited by SuingToGetAMessageBoard?

12 minutes ago, American Swindle said:

Just like Trump, this guy doesn’t know the difference between the Trump appointed IC findings, the Mueller investigation, the NYAG/Cohen investigation. 

Fucking shit, the IC and the “witch hunt” which has only laid out a couple dozen indictments and isn’t focused on Trump ARE NOT THE SAME.  

22 minutes ago, TornACL said:

What has Donald Trump done in his life that gives us reason to believe a single word he says?

Which is why it's funny that we're taking what he said in the wake of meeting with putin as evidence of ANYTHING. He's an idiot that rambles ignorantly, lies, and mis-speaks constantly. We have years of evidence proving that parsing his words is a fool's errand. His actions are worth debating. His words are a waste of everyone's time.