ESPN challenges itself to make the worst list possible

Michael Knight

On 2/28/2024 at 6:39 PM, Helobious said:

Uhh… did you not watch college football in 2010? Cam was fucking unstoppable. His stats that year are ridiculous and dwarf Vince’s best year. Vince had him (barely) beat only in passing yards. 

keep cementing your place as one the worst posters in shag/surly history

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

Uhh… did you not watch college football in 2010? Cam was fucking unstoppable. His stats that year are ridiculous and dwarf Vince’s best year. Vince had him (barely) beat only in passing yards. 

With all due respect, you are a stupid fuck.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

On 2/29/2024 at 2:27 AM, Zeus said:

Stats don’t tell the full story

System and how you win plays a part, but also just watching how a QB leads the team is the biggest factor. It’s why I gave edge to Tebow over VY. 

Colt had crazy stats too, if he didn’t get fuckin hurt in that natty he could be up top 5 too. 

I'd accept Cam over VY before I would Tebow over VY. I can't imagine what happened to tebus in that 09 SEC championship ever happening to 05 Vince. 

On 2/28/2024 at 8:18 PM, Helobious said:

Cam did it with a lot less talent around him than Vince had, and against a tougher schedule. Vince made it look a lot easier. If I had to pick one in their prime to win me a college game I’m not sure who I’d pick.

Aaron Judge?

On 3/2/2024 at 6:02 PM, Fudge Nuggets said:

Burrow shits all over Tebow.

lol except he played 1 great season and got 1 sec title and one natty.  Tebow had three dominant seasons, Tebow was also the featured back in the running game. 

Tebow won 2 SEC titles and 2 nattys 

The first natty could be called a “fluke” as he was the backup qb… but then again he threw for a TD and ran in a TD in that game. That first season he was also 2nd on the team in rushing yards. 

8 hours ago, Zeus said:

lol except he played 1 great season and got 1 sec title and one natty.  Tebow had three dominant seasons, Tebow was also the featured back in the running game. 

Tebow won 2 SEC titles and 2 nattys 

The first natty could be called a “fluke” as he was the backup qb… but then again he threw for a TD and ran in a TD in that game. That first season he was also 2nd on the team in rushing yards. 

That's a lot of words to say Burrow's one great season shits all over Tebow.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

That's a lot of words to say Burrow's one great season shits all over Tebow.

And three of those words were "natty", which makes his entire post invalid.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

Why do you do this to yourself? Cam needed a prayer kickoff return to beat Bama, and he beat Oregon by 2 TD's. Whoop tee doo

Vince, OTOH, beat many consider the greatest team of all time with 2 Heisman winners on their home field. 

3 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Why do you do this to yourself? Cam needed a prayer kickoff return to beat Bama, and he beat Oregon by 2 TD's. Whoop tee doo

Vince, OTOH, beat many consider the greatest team of all time with 2 Heisman winners on their home field. 

In the interest of transparency they actually beat Oregon on a field goal as time expired, 22-19. In fairness to Cam he had almost no talent on offense around him though. 

16 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

I'm not going to defend Cam being better than VY, because that's ridiculous. But saying Cam needed luck to get those wins is also ridiculous. You could make the same argument that VY needed the defense to stop USC on 4th and 2. Players don't win championships, teams do. And every championship team has needed some kind of "luck".

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

Just now, HornOnTheBayou said:

I'm not going to defend Cam being better than VY, because that's ridiculous. But saying Cam needed luck to get those wins is also ridiculous. You could make the same argument that VY needed the defense to stop USC on 4th and 2. Players don't win championships, teams do. And every championship team has needed some kind of "luck".

Troof

I think the important thing to note is that we can all agree that the guy ESPN put #1 has zero business even being in the conversation for #1 as shown here. 

Also, Newton's stats were behind VY's when adjusted for snaps played and statistical environment (the latter being less of an adjustment but still there).

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

I think the important thing to note is that we can all agree that the guy ESPN put #1 has zero business even being in the conversation for #1 as shown here. 

Also, Newton's stats were behind VY's when adjusted for snaps played and statistical environment (the latter being less of an adjustment but still there).

Yeah, even taking out bias for UT players, without even considering Vince there are probably 5 guys that are easily over him and more that have good arguments. I’m not positive he’s even the best Sooner qb, I think I would put Bradford over him. 

Putting UT player bias back in, Colt is closer to Mayfield than Baker is to VY. 

Edited by UncleSonny

On 2/28/2024 at 8:18 PM, Helobious said:

Cam did it with a lot less talent around him than Vince had, and against a tougher schedule. Vince made it look a lot easier. If I had to pick one in their prime to win me a college game I’m not sure who I’d pick.

I guess I'd be forced to take the other one. 

Yeah, even taking out bias for UT players, without even considering Vince there are probably 5 guys that are easily over him and more that have good arguments. I’m not positive he’s even the best Sooner qb, I think I would put Bradford over him. 
Putting UT player bias back in, Colt is closer to Mayfield than Baker is to VY. 

Colt lost fewer games and won way more. Don’t compare that dipshit to the other two, compare VY and colt and then discuss.

Kids play a game called, "THE GAME". The point of The Game is to see how long you can go without thinking of The Game. So some of you reading this know what I'm talking about and I just ruined The Game for you. While watching the VY highlights posted above I just lost a game I play called, "Fuck Jeff Fisher".

VY and Newton were really similar to me. Two of the best runners you'll ever see at that size. Long, effortless stride. Insane cutting ability in the open field. The ability to power through people when they needed to. I loved VY more but enjoyed watching both.