Houston Astros 2024 Season Thread

Planet Houston

Yeah idk if I would have pinched hit for Myers. Let’s see what the young buck can do. The more live action the better. 

but hey I’m Monday morning QB’n , it’s his job 

15 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Good thing we didn’t go after more arms and stuck with guys we all hoped would get better this year. Valdez and Javier are gonna be ass.

No they aren't 

8 minutes ago, D3zii said:

Yeah idk if I would have pinched hit for Myers. Let’s see what the young buck can do. The more live action the better. 

but hey I’m Monday morning QB’n , it’s his job 

6 minutes ago, Mitch Hedberg said:

The lefty righty shit pisses me off when you pinch hit with someone as worthless as Singleton. Guy should be parking cars.

Singleton shouldn't be on the fucking roster.  Espada is tainted by Dusty like I feared.

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, WBT said:

Singleton shouldn't be on the fucking roster.  Espada is tainted by Dusty like I feared.

He seems to have gotten Hinch's captain hook tendencies with regards to pitching and thank fucking god Maldonado is on the south side because he seems to have gotten lineup/pinch hit tendencies from Dusty.

Basically the worst of both worlds #doomed

• Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, Macklemore said:

A) Why why why is Jon Singleton in Major League Baseball, let alone getting meaningful pinch-hit ABs on opening day for a team that’s been to 7 straight LCS’?!

b) if he’s on the roster and you insist on pinch hitting him it should only be if you need a grand slam or some shit to get you back in a game.

not in tie game with RISP.

• Hook 'Em 1

Let Meyers hit.  All the offseason talk about Brown/Espada being behind him to give him confidence out the window in Game 1.  You think Meyers doesn't know how much Singleton sucks?

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, WBT said:

Let Meyers hit.  All the offseason talk about Brown/Espada being behind him to give him confidence out the window in Game 1.  You think Meyers doesn't know how much Singleton sucks?

it’ll be the first question post game

1 minute ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I could do with Abreu hitting 7th and Diaz hitting 5th. I bet we end up there at some point in time. 

Add in Pena in 9th until he proves he can hit again and we are in agreement

1 minute ago, WBT said:

Who is Tayler Scott?  Fitting right in falling behind 3-0

Yeah I had to go look at his stats #oof

• Hook 'Em 1