Houston Astros 2024 Season Thread

Planet Houston

21 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

790 sucks except for Clanton and Wexler. Payne & Pendergast or John & Lance are the only options for morning drive sports radio in H-town.

They also suck

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, WBT said:

Damn Crawford Boxes

And there’s the other side of the buzzards lick we’ve had. I assume that’s a f7 for an out in 26 or 27 other parks. But this year it sneaks into row 1. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

And there’s the other side of the buzzards lick we’ve had. I assume that’s a f7 for an out in 26 or 27 other parks. But this year it sneaks into row 1. 

93.9 ev and a HR in 1/30 mlb parks

And 1/1 Mexico city parks probably

• Rage+1 1

4 minutes ago, WBT said:

93.9 ev and a HR in 1/30 mlb parks

And 1/1 Mexico city parks probably

What a shitty year. 
I mean I’m not crying for him because he’s been behind every hitter, gave up 2 other solid contacts and that’s what happens when you play with fire, but son of a butch does every half mistake we make have to get punished to the maximum? 

5 hours ago, hornmpa96 said:

The fact that Singleton still has a spot on our 40 man demonstrates that Dana is not the guy at GM.

There are $58 mm reasons and an owner who want to give Abreu every chance to turn this around. That doesn’t apply to Singleton.

Brandon Belt and his 2023 138 wRC+ is still sitting on his couch

• Rage+1 2

1 minute ago, Wulaw Horn said:

What a shitty year. 
I mean I’m not crying for him because he’s been behind every hitter, gave up 2 other solid contacts and that’s what happens when you play with fire, but son of a butch does every half mistake we make have to get punished to the maximum? 

I laughed at Kalas talking about his “bad luck” with his babip at .416 or something.

and I’m thinking “I’m not sure that’s bad luck for brown this year.”

(the HR was, I’ll give you that)

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, WBT said:

Brandon Belt and his 2023 138 wRC+ is still sitting on his couch

I was happy with the Abreu news…until I saw Singlteon make the last out last inning and remembered he’s probably going to get the majority of our starts at 1B for the foreseeable future.

Jon.

Singleton.

Edited by UTexasFight
  • Rage+1 2

5 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

I laughed at Kalas talking about his “bad luck” with his babip at .416 or something.

and I’m thinking “I’m not sure that’s bad luck for brown this year.”

(the HR was, I’ll give you that)

I mean- yeah- both things can be true- Brown has generally been shitty and he’s also been a bit unlucky. 

1 minute ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I mean- yeah- both things can be true- Brown has generally been shitty and he’s also been a bit unlucky. 

He has .475 BABIP

But your BABIP tends to be high when you are getting barrel'd over and over and over and over again.  Like a monkey with a miniature cymbal...

• Haha 1
  • Drool 1

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, huge said:

He has .475 BABIP

But your BABIP tends to be high when you are getting barrel'd over and over and over and over again.  Like a monkey with a miniature cymbal...

No doubt. But not that high. That’s why I said a bit unlucky. I’ve seen guys fail to hit 500 in batting practice which is what the league is doing to him on balls where contact is made. 

Edited by Wulaw Horn