2024 Masters

Jordan’s a grinder. Wouldn’t be surprised to see him post 71 or so tomorrow morning. 

Scottie is unreal right now. I’d be shocked if he didn’t win. 

1 hour ago, markstanco said:

Charl schwartzel is a surprise. Not Jordan

I’m surprised anytime he puts 18 good holes together at this point. Winning a major would honestly shock me in his current form. 

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, markstanco said:

The first out (Gary, Jack, and Tom) hitting their tee shots....that is cool and all but they are taking somebody's spot and needs to change.  Bunch of B.S.

giphy.gif

sarcasm

As someone who has played the course I have to think you mean this as sarcasm. Also I've been away awhile, what happened to I think DDDdad?

Edited by DCA_HORN

image.thumb.png.b2b354e8f0e80af74cbf447ce7917129.png

13 & 15 pins are in about as safe a spot as you can get, 12 who knows - yesterday shows how hard that hole can be with wind, 11 pushed all the way back and away from the pond (there is no place to make 11 a "gettable" location

Gotta love the green complex at AGNC, really challenges the best players 

I have 2 thoughts as I've watched some early play today

a) Watching Jordan is almost painful, seeing him miss the green on 15 with a wedge in his hand makes me wonder where the magic has gone. His short game and dropping bombs on the putting green was amazing. He seems like he is a high level grinder now. Sure help he can find the spark again (but I'm not hopeful)

b) I have to remember to watch Freddie today, because I am not sure how much longer he will play here. And from my days as a young adult, I've loved to watch that swing. He is about my age, and I have enjoyed his career (and that he was the king of the skins game, winning more than $4.4m in skins)

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, TonyTexas said:

Jason Day is a lock for the week’s worst dressed. Today’s outfit is somehow worse than yesterday’s. 

IMG_1544.jpeg

They’re getting more than they even thought they would out of this because everyone is talking about it. 

7 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

They’re getting more than they even thought they would out of this because everyone is talking about it. 

If he's not going to make the cut, he's going to maximize his sponsor's air time. 

Sales Working GIF

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, DCA_HORN said:

As someone who has played the course I have to think you mean this as sarcasm. Also I've been away awhile, what happened to I think DDDdad?

Yes, if you look under the picture I posted I said sarcasm in very small print. 

Golf channel just focusing on Jordan and breaking down his swing and fundamentals. Pretty painful. I don’t know when or why Jordan changed up what he was doing (or coaching him) but he needs to go back to what made him great initially. Cuz the shit he’s doing now ain’t working. And it’s painful listening to him been broken down to sloppy fundamentals. 

• Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Golf channel just focusing on Jordan and breaking down his swing and fundamentals. Pretty painful. I don’t know when or why Jordan changed up what he was doing (or coaching him) but he needs to go back to what made him great initially. Cuz the shit he’s doing now ain’t working. And it’s painful listening to him been broken down to sloppy fundamentals. 

he had a hell of run, it wasn’t sustainable 

lot of good memories 

• Rage+1 1

Like now when I watch golf and I see both Jordan and Scottie in the same tournament I wish them both victory—but I KNOW Scottie is going to be in the top 5 whereas I hope Jordan will do well. It’s a very different trajectory right now. 

• Hook 'Em 2

22 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Fundamentals is subjective. No one would EVER teach Scottie's footwork on his swing, but he's striping the shit out of the ball. I hope he never changes it because it's working well. If it works, it works.

When Jordan was consistently winning, it wasn't because of his ball striking. He was making putts from all over the green. With that said, I'm not sure why he changed his swing to what it is now. Not sure what was wrong with the previous swing to make such a drastic change. I'd like to see his GIR average now vs when he was winning. I can't imagine it's that much different.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

Fundamentals is subjective. No one would EVER teach Scottie's footwork on his swing, but he's striping the shit out of the ball. I hope he never changes it because it's working well. If it works, it works.

bravo - and to add to your point I have 1 word to add Jim Furyk

• Hook 'Em 1

I love the Masters broadcasts. I am watching more actual golf shots (tracers and shaping) in the last 2 days than a whole years worth of golf TV broadcasts.

With that said, holy shit everyone seems to be hitting fades the last 2 days. I can understand cuts into the fast as shit greens to help the ball hold but I'm predominantly seeing fades off the tees into fairways.

Someone help me understand, is it because of the 20-30 mph wind or has a cut become the shape of choice on tour?