Earthquake in NYC

4 hours ago, bolverk said:

No, thank you. I'm not sure whether new construction in NYC has all those earthquake protections, but I'm pretty dang sure most of the older skyscrapers don't. And I certainly wouldn't want to be in one of those already wobbly super-skinnies.

Those skinny stick super tall skyscrapers have “pendulum” dampers near the top to absorb the swaying motion.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Prepare your anus 1

1 hour ago, Orange&White said:

It's funny how people can all experience the same event and how they report it.

My son was at work in Chelsea when it happened. He immediately texted me and said "Dad, in a about 30 minutes you are going to be inundated with news about the New York earthquake. Just know that it was nothing. I felt it for a few seconds and it was over. It was barely anything."

My GF's daughter lives 20 miles away (as the crow flies), and her report to her mom was "It shook so bad I almost fell out of my bed".

20 miles which direction? For an epicenter less than 50 miles away that could make a pretty damn big difference.

1 hour ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Not if he’s still working on it and others are already in production. 

Yes, because you have an example of one single other shirt in existence, that means his "hustle game is weak" because his is at the printer less than five hours after the event.

Eat a cock, fuckface.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, BearMace said:

20 miles which direction? For an epicenter less than 50 miles away that could make a pretty damn big difference.

She is at Hofstra University in Hempstead on Long Island.

I admittedly do not know where the epicenter was.

5 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

Damage repairs will commence as soon as FEMA arrives on the scene.

IMG_2691.jpeg

Well first they have to put it out to bid on their CONUS RSC project. That means 400 people staying in a Days Inn and living on fat NYC Per Diem.

So was it all the Jews in New York using their space lasers to cause the shift in tectonic plates which will cause the moon to pass in front of the sun?  Or how does this work?  

My cousin in midtown indicated it was no big deal where he lives/works.  But another business friend of mine lives in the 432 Park building which already terrifies the shit out of me given my fear of man-made heights.  Said it freaked the fuck outta him despite the building's modern technology.  But good news, seems to be no loss of life because of this.  Godspeed NYC.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Not if he’s still working on it and others are already in production. 

No see he has Italian clothing connections so he'll be first to market with the v-neck rhinestone studded "I survived the jersey shore earthquake" shirt collection for Italian Americans, all sizes extra medium.

3 hours ago, Orange&White said:

Yes, because you have an example of one single other shirt in existence, that means his "hustle game is weak" because his is at the printer less than five hours after the event.

Eat a cock, fuckface.

Calm down dude.

• Fuck You 1

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, Okie State said:

I was in my office on the 12th floor when one hit in Oklahoma years ago. It was a surreal experience that I'm okay with never experiencing again.

I work on a very high floor and rarely felt them during the day. The scariest one was when my daughter was maybe 2 and in the bathtub and when it hit it popped like a shotgun and the water started swishing around and she was crying in a way I distinctly recall being genuine fear. It was one of the bigger ones, would have been 2014 or 2015.  Not bad overall but man that moment it hit was scary. The videos from Taiwan are terrifying.

Edited by 'stache

2 hours ago, 'stache said:

I work on a very high floor and rarely felt them during the day. The scariest one was when my daughter was maybe 2 and in the bathtub and when it hit it popped like a shotgun and the water started swishing around and she was crying in a way I distinctly recall being genuine fear. It was one of the bigger ones, would have been 2014 or 2015.  Not bad overall but man that moment it hit was scary. The videos from Taiwan are terrifying.

Was that during the KSU Kirk Herbstreit game?

• Haha 1

On 4/5/2024 at 12:58 PM, Orange&White said:

My GF's daughter lives 20 miles away (as the crow flies), and her report to her mom was "It shook so bad I almost fell out of my bed".

She wasn’t referring to the earthquake.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, 'stache said:

No, it was a few years later. I was in the concourse that game and saw the beams shaking.

That's right. I was at the game I think. Everything 10 years ago or older blends together into one blur.

• Haha 1