Texas @ OU Series Thread

Horny Bull

Just now, The_Great_Hornsby said:

I think we should expect that this game will restart. The Sooners arent gonna let this go considering the rivalry and the stakes. I assume we will be playing again tonight. 

Is it their call? 

1 minute ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

I think we should expect that this game will restart. The Sooners arent gonna let this go considering the rivalry and the stakes. I assume we will be playing again tonight. 

Seems like with 2 innings left, they would continue.  But if they don’t, not sure if Texas gets the win or not since conference game.

Just now, Horn80 said:

Seems like with 2 innings left, they would continue.  But if they don’t, not sure if Texas gets the win or not since conference game.

7 innings in the books. This is an official game.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Horn80 said:

If the game is not continued then Texas gets the win.  The game would be finished after the last completed inning.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Horn80 said:

It would go back to the team that was winning at the end of the last inning....

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Balcones said:

I would rather win. Both teams have been playing since 1pm today. Let it go. Get on the bus.

OU may call it if it goes too late.  They suck but they are not cunts like other B12 teams are.

Uh, at some point somebody needs to tell the League Office (NOT NOW, DONNIE!) that at some point our players need to get back for the last day of classes.  Which is fucking tomorrow (30 April).  Much as we'd love for them to leave Norman at 4am, our players actually go to real classes and learn shit and not play community college remedial school.  We played a full 7 and change, let's wrap it up and get the fuck outta Dodge.  

13 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

Texas wants it called since we are leading thru 7 innings. Horns win.

OU wants to keep playing since they are behind after 7 innings…do not want to lose the game/series.

No shit ?

I would have never thought of this.

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

What happened to the 72-hour rule the Big XII used to operate by?

I've been schooled on that earlier this year somewhere here in the BB forum.  Evidently, that was like a thing way back when.  The B12 rulebook somewhere allows for the teams to all reasonable efforts to finish a game before 12 midnight on Sunday.  Craig W. backs me up on that.  I'd venture to guess the RPI is figuring into this.  7 full innings do make for a complete game. 

Radio still replaying a game from the past.  Roaches vs TX.

Edited by Bevo&Pevo

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Uh, at some point somebody needs to tell the League Office (NOT NOW, DONNIE!) that at some point our players need to get back for the last day of classes.  Which is fucking tomorrow (30 April).  Much as we'd love for them to leave Norman at 4am, our players actually go to real classes and learn shit and not play community college remedial school.  We played a full 7 and change, let's wrap it up and get the fuck outta Dodge.  

Wow, last day tomorrow.  Seems like it was mid-May when I went.  On second thought, that was probably when finals were over.

Edited by Horn80

Just now, Horn80 said:

Wow, last day tomorrow.  Seems like it was mid-May when I went.

The calendar was significantly altered last year.  It's a truncated Winter Break now, nowhere near as long as when we were in school with an optional "Winter Term."  Last day of Spring classes 30 April, last day of Finals 6 May.  Graduation on 11 May.  All about two weeks earlier than back in our day.  

So bottom line, some of these guys have AM classes to get back for because that's the day you frequently get the low-down on what's on the Final, last office hour visits to see what you need on the exam to get a certain grade, turn in a paper, last presentation, etc.  UT players actually have school shit to do and can't be fucking around in Norman until 3am.  Sooners just go back to "Hooked on Phonics", 7+ innings on getaway day is enough, call this shit and let's get on an airplane.  Ridiculous.  We took the series, you take the loss Oklahoma.  

8 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Tomorrow is 29Apr btw. Wouldn’t want you to miss any meetings 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

The calendar was significantly altered last year.  It's a truncated Winter Break now, nowhere near as long as when we were in school with an optional "Winter Term."  Last day of Spring classes 30 April, last day of Finals 6 May.  Graduation on 11 May.  All about two weeks earlier than back in our day.  

So bottom line, some of these guys have AM classes to get back for because that's the day you frequently get the low-down on what's on the Final, last office hour visits to see what you need on the exam to get a certain grade, turn in a paper, last presentation, etc.  UT players actually have school shit to do and can't be fucking around in Norman until 3am.  Sooners just go back to "Hooked on Phonics", 7+ innings on getaway day is enough, call this shit and let's get on an airplane.  Ridiculous.  We took the series, you take the loss Oklahoma.  

Wow, didn’t know that and they absolutely need to get back asap.

Edited by Horn80

1 minute ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Tomorrow is 29Apr btw. Wouldn’t want you to miss any meetings 

My bad, meant to type 29 April last day of class.  Which is in fact tomorrow, Monday.  Don't know why i thought today was Monday.  Man, I need some rest.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Balcones said:

Apparently, we travel on a bus now.

If I'm oklahoma (after paying my sister her child support) I think I can win this game.....

On the plus side the Texas TCU final game of the 2018 regular season replay is already in the 5th!

Edited by petscii

8 minutes ago, Horn80 said:

Wow, last day tomorrow.  Seems like it was mid-May when I went.  On second thought, that was probably when finals were over.

Yup.  My youngest has two tests tomorrow and a project due this week, for which his baseline is a 96 based on the first draft.

I can't believe that guy is halfway through his degree.  Salt of the earth, awesome dude, but if you had make me put money on "future UT grad" a few years ago I would have bet . . . a dollar?

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

On top of that, our guys go to a world-class university, not a glorified junior college like our opponents.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

My bad, meant to type 29 April last day of class.  Which is in fact tomorrow, Monday.  Don't know why i thought today was Monday.  Man, I need some rest.

At this rate, it could go into extra innings and the team won’t get back until the 30th.

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Yup.  My youngest has two tests tomorrow and a project due this week, for which his baseline is a 96 based on the first draft.

I can't believe that guy is halfway through his degree.  Salt of the earth, awesome dude, but if you had make me put money on "future UT grad" a few years ago I would have bet . . . a dollar?

Same here.  My youngest son went to UT and I was worried about him.  Good grief he smoked it, especially compared to me, went on to law school at Tech and killed it there too and passed the Bar Exam with high score.

Edited by Horn80
  • Hook 'Em 2