Sam Houston @ Texas - 6:30 on LHN

Horny Bull

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Jesus christ throw strikes

It has to be pretty stressful throwing strikes with only a 14 13 12 11 run lead.

Edited by OU Sucks

Just now, MuellerHorn said:

Pierce better turn over damn near the entire pitching roster this offseason if he’s retained. 

How about he’s not and the new coach does it 

• Hook 'Em 5

3 minutes ago, HuntinHorn said:

On a night we should be enjoying the offense, pitching is reminding us there is a bunch of suck in the mix.

Really just been 1 guy. The other 3 pitchers have all looked good.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, hobbes2702 said:

Do any of the incoming freshman pitchers look to have impact in year 1? I know we have a top 3/top 5 level class but don’t know the individuals.

We signed 11 pitchers so the hope is there is. One (Sterling) is a major draft risk and another one (Flores) is probably a medium draft risk. Everyone else should make it.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

We signed 11 pitchers so the hope is there is. One (Sterling) is a major draft risk and another one (Flores) is probably a medium draft risk. Everyone else should make it.

If we don’t get a new pitching coach next year, it may not matter who the new pitchers are.

• Hook 'Em 2

Well, Hurley didn't throw 6 innings of no-hit ball, but he was serviceable enough for me.  Offense did stack up some runs on the scoreboard.  PB will not get a chance to continue his eye modeling career.  That is too bad, because he's not gonna make a living playing baseball.

TEXAS WINS!

okie lite this weekend. 

• Haha 1

As soon as I saw Howard out there looking like he wanted to be anywhere else, I knew I'd get pissed off. I turned it off to go give my kid a bath, turned it back on and he had given up like 5 runs. Dude needs to be relegated to bullpen catcher. 

1 hour ago, zlavydra said:

My calculations show Howard's ERA at a sterling 10.80.  

1 hour ago, HuntinHorn said:

It was a lot of suck….from one guy.

55 minutes ago, chase25 said:

Uneventful night made eventful by Cody Howard, other than that it was a good night

51 minutes ago, NorthLoop said:

As soon as I saw Howard out there looking like he wanted to be anywhere else, I knew I'd get pissed off. I turned it off to go give my kid a bath, turned it back on and he had given up like 5 runs. Dude needs to be relegated to bullpen catcher. 

all 7 runs in the 7th were earned and attributed to Howard. He got 1 out... for a smoooooth 189.00 ERA for his appearance today. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2
  • Rage+1 1

57 minutes ago, zlavydra said:

RPI rockets to 55. We've almost caught up with Rutgers.

Meh, like his father...A.J. never had the makings of a varsity athlete.  

I'll go ahead and jinx it.  but we have 9 games left, 3 with massive implications in OSU at home.  But UCF and KAN as their RPI stands right now, we could really make up some ground towards a more friendly seeding with a 4-2 record against them.  The conference is nowhere near its usual quality this year, but our remaining opponents took care (for the most part) of their non-conf. schedule and we have a chance to make up some ground with 6 games at home, maybe go 6-3 overall.  Like most Pierce seasons, the Big XII tourney could be the difference maker between a favorable #2 or a 'come out to coast, have a few laughs' #3 seed.  I know that's not terribly insightfful but because of their SOS and overall records, we really can make up more ground than I thought possible a couple of weeks ago.  

Now I guess it's on to figuring out when to have rain this weekend with the Cowboys.  

2 minutes ago, B00M said:

Holy shit Cody Howard has had a terrible month. 

And a good pitching coach (if Cody has a good enough arm to be a Texas pitcher) should be able to help him right the ship. This includes the rest of the pitching staff. Texas will not be able to out offense itself deep into a tournament/play off situation.

13 minutes ago, Newdoc said:

And a good pitching coach (if Cody has a good enough arm to be a Texas pitcher) should be able to help him right the ship. This includes the rest of the pitching staff. Texas will not be able to out offense itself deep into a tournament/play off situation.

This is our concern dude fat cats sitting in limo