Worldwide Israel/Palestine War Protests Thread

bolverk

40 minutes ago, F250 said:

Truth. One time I went on a last second camping trip with a group of buddies and once we were all setup on the Medina river we started slamming beers and shit talking. It was hours before we realized all of the ice chests were filled with beer. Nobody brought water or food, just beer.

I mean you don't realllllly need much else for camping....

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Captainant said:

For a bit of context with protests for divestiture in history... People have been fucking up Columbia's shit for generations and it didn't seem to irrevocably stain the university or it's honor

https://www.gettyimages.com/detail/news-photo/an-anti-apartheid-protest-by-students-at-the-entrance-to-news-photo/515710745

anti-apartheid-protest.jpg?s=612x612&w=g

K but I think this situation is a bit more morally ambigious than apartheid or Vietnam or whatever.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Also to this point, all these schools that eliminated SAT scores and claimed it’s about diversity?

When diversity doesnt mean diversity, it means engineering the arbitrary composition you want. 

image.thumb.png.dab330fe5e2e095d0fa201fa6cfa8766.png

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

If the Columbianistas want their J6 moment so bad im saying maybe we should let them indulge 1 time ?

If the "Leader" of the Columbia "take over" agreed to it, in writing and on social media, I'd personally start a gofund me to pay for a one way flight to Jordan/Lebanon so she could join in aiding the Palestinians in person. 

Edited by BurntEyes
  • Hook 'Em 2

10 minutes ago, HotSauce said:

Kind of beautiful how the typical hard line liberals who attack anything that isnt blatant leftist groupthink are shutting the fuck up in this thread. 

Well, you guys need somewhere to discuss leftist group think, and we've seen how scary the CR can be. You're safe here.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

If you want smart and impressive, visit the service academies, Cal Tech/MIT, Chicago, a few liberal arts and great books schools you’ve never heard of, and the honors programs of just about any large public school. 

When I was at SMU the business honors students had higher average SAT/ACT scores than the kids getting admitted to Stanford. 

39 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

If you want smart and impressive, visit the service academies, Cal Tech/MIT, Chicago, a few liberal arts and great books schools you’ve never heard of, and the honors programs of just about any large public school. 

So, not tamu.

20 minutes ago, ztejas said:

K but I think this situation is a bit more morally ambigious than apartheid or Vietnam or whatever.

In retrospect, maybe. But not necessarily at the time.

Hell, in a Gallup poll taken shortly after 4 college students were killed by the national guard while protesting, 58 percent of respondents blamed the students. 

Also this:

Students from Kent State and other universities often got a hostile reaction upon returning home. Some were told that more students should have been killed to teach student protesters a lesson; some students were disowned by their families.

Posted (edited)

did this happen? One of the most brutal episodes.  Why was he attacked in the first place? for recording? 

Edited by Make em eat Taco Bell

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Welshy said:

I think everyone does. 

Maybe that's a "yall" problem. Nov is going to be beautiful, and just like you read my posts wrong, you still wont get it then 😀

Edited by HotSauce
  • Fuck You 2

1 hour ago, HotSauce said:

Kind of beautiful how the typical hard line liberals who attack anything that isnt blatant leftist groupthink are shutting the fuck up in this thread. 

This "hard line liberal" created this thread specifically to give you a safe place to vent so that the UT news thread would get unfucked.

You're welcome.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, HotSauce said:

Maybe that's a "yall" problem. Nov is going to be beautiful, and just like you read my posts wrong, you still wont get it then 😀

I truly don't have an opinion, but rep is serious business. 

1 minute ago, bolverk said:

This "hard line liberal" created this thread specifically to give you a safe place to vent so that the UT news thread would get unfucked.

You're welcome.

Amazing that 14 year old "hotsauce" is unreasonable. Collard me shocked. 

5 minutes ago, Welshy said:

Amazing that 14 year old "hotsauce" is unreasonable. Collard me shocked. 

I am drunk after 3 conferences in 7 days on my first day back home. Get fucked you liberal terrorist supporting coward.

• Haha 3
  • Fuck You 2

Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, HotSauce said:

I am drunk after 3 conferences in 7 days on my first day back home. Get fucked you liberal terrorist supporting coward.

How many leads did you get? What's the ROI? You know your boss is going to ask you about your bad breath and withdrawn attitude after the partner extravangaza with ben folds five. WHAT THE FUCK?!?!?!?!

YOURE FIRED. Well give your 200k sales job to someone who cares. And charges 150.

SEE YA!

Edited by Welshy

There's no remores like trade show remorse. Wait until you see the Adobe chick you nailed in the real light. She will tongue you in the booth with your wife and boss watching. SDGAF.

#adobebitch

Or…maybe those of us who you think of as “hard line liberals” who attack anything that isn’t “blatant leftist groupthink” aren’t what you think we are.
One can support Israel’s right to exist and defend itself, and ALSO believe that purposeful attacks on Gazan civilians are wrong.
One can believe that people should have a damn near sacred right to speak their grievances, no matter how much we might disagree with them, and ALSO believe that they should do so peacefully, without violence or threats of violence or face criminal sanction for that behavior, and ALSO that the state’s monopoly on violence (cops with clubs) should be deployed sparingly against its citizens. That’s complex thought, so I understand you it might be confusing to you.
  • Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, F250 said:

Truth. One time I went on a last second camping trip with a group of buddies and once we were all setup on the Medina river we started slamming beers and shit talking. It was hours before we realized all of the ice chests were filled with beer. Nobody brought water or food, just beer.

I did this but in the landcut for a several day trip.  I was sick of eating trout for months after. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, HotSauce said:

No wonder you support pro hamas palestine, look how unhinged you are

I want to be clear: I support sale managers and Vice Presidents CRUSHING sales johnnies souls. Genghis Khan level crushing. Grinding them underfoot. Demeaning them and dehumanizing them. 

It's the only way they earn.

They love it. Fact. 

Edited by Welshy

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Or…maybe those of us who you think of as “hard line liberals” who attack anything that isn’t “blatant leftist groupthink” aren’t what you think we are.
One can support Israel’s right to exist and defend itself, and ALSO believe that purposeful attacks on Gazan civilians are wrong.
One can believe that people should have a damn near sacred right to speak their grievances, no matter how much we might disagree with them, and ALSO believe that they should do so peacefully, without violence or threats of violence or face criminal sanction for that behavior, and ALSO that the state’s monopoly on violence (cops with clubs) should be deployed sparingly against its citizens. That’s complex thought, so I understand you it might be confusing to you.

I am aware of the difference in "hardline" liberal and central liberalist. I am not attacking you.

4 minutes ago, Welshy said:

I want to be clear: I support sale managers and Vice Presidents CRUSHING sales johnnies souls. Genghis Khan level crushing. Grinding them underfoot. Demeaning them and dehumanizing them. 

It's the only way they earn.

They love it. Fact. 

Good boy.

Edited by HotSauce
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, TexasHooch said:

It kinda is when both sides want to do it.

This is the worst both sides ever and you are talking to a fucking connoisseur.  I will grant that this kind of ghoulishness is infinitely better that the versions that think the US is incapable of fielding an effective military and the background arms industry if they don’t arm ethnic cleansing along the way. 

24 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Yes. YES. 

Also, sales people are not to be trusted. 

• bolverk changed the title to Worldwide Israel/Palestine War Protests Thread