Worldwide Israel/Palestine War Protests Thread

bolverk

17 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Y'all know the violence at UCLA was overwhelmingly from counterprotesters, right? 

I am, that's why I literally said I think counterprotesters are worse than the original protesters, but they are both stupid.

1 minute ago, Frank Drebin said:

Why is it always the same lame chant at every Pro-Palestinian protest on every US campus. Not only are these kids irrational, they are also unoriginal.

CHIEF

4 minutes ago, utee94 said:

WTH?  As an engineer, I feel threatened.   What do they want with me, and my people?

She/He is pretty threatening...I've never seen a more unenthusiastic protest in my life.

56 minutes ago, Mikey4 said:

And none of that should be controversial at all. The people defending these protests are 100% correct -- the police and universities should and must be hands off when it comes to peaceful, lawful protests. But once the protest crosses the line into violence or lawlessness, it needs to be addressed immediately or risk it evolving into the awful displays we are seeing around the country.

I think they also need to have plans in place for covering expenses. If property is damaged or clean-up is required, neither the city nor the school should be on the hook. Protests need to be scheduled and planned.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, utee94 said:

WTH?  As an engineer, I feel threatened.   What do they want with me, and my people?

However, we did a study at ILAS looking into the background of terrorist leaders. Amazing how many were doctors and engineers. My assumption is they do not see grey, just right and wrong and thus justify actions. This was before 9-11. So when in the Middle East I did the same looking into Osama's group. yep. same pattern.

They listen to historians and philosophers, but those tend to talk and not do drastic action. Thank God @Brisketexan is an enchilada eating lawyer. Imagine if the was a Mech Engineer.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

15 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

She/He is pretty threatening...I've never seen a more unenthusiastic protest in my life.

In fairness, it looks to be raining. If I was participating, I would ask if we could reconvene on Monday.

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

However, we did a study at ILAS looking into the background of terrorist leaders. Amazing how many were doctors and engineers. My assumption is they do not see grey, just right and wrong and thus justify actions. This was before 9-11. So when in the Middle East I did the same looking into Osama's group. yep. same pattern.

They listen to historians and philosophers, but those tend to talk and not do drastic action. Thank God @Brisketexan is an enchilada eating lawyer. Imagine if the was a Mech Engineer.

The engineers need to preemptively get gibbets. For public safety.

• Hook 'Em 1

45 minutes ago, utee94 said:

EEs are fine, it's the Palestinian hating MEs and Pro-Israel CEs that are the problem. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Frank Drebin said:

Yeah, he's done.  Good think he wasn't wearing a mask.

You know, that's at Ol'Miss, right? I'm sure he'll have a job lined up from daddy or one of his buddies dads who thinks what he did was great...

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

4 hours ago, Helobious said:

didn’t take long for racists to take over the counter-protests. 

That's a very big accusation. Which counter-protests were overtaken by racists, and how do you know they are racist? The videos I saw mainly show people singing the national anthem and displaying the American flag, which is protected free speech, not racism. I saw a couple of instances where counter-protesters yelled, hit, or said mean things to protesters, but I didn't see where they had overtaken the counter-protests, and I didn't hear obvious racist slurs.

3 minutes ago, Mikey4 said:

That's a very big accusation. Which counter-protests were overtaken by racists, and how do you know they are racist? The videos I saw mainly show people singing the national anthem and displaying the American flag, which is protected free speech, not racism. I saw a couple of instances where counter-protesters yelled, hit, or said mean things to protesters, but I didn't see where they had overtaken the counter-protests, and I didn't hear obvious racist slurs.

You don’t think making gorilla noises towards black people is racist at all? 

2 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Absolutely was.  I honestly did not see that part before I posted the video.  That is a clear example of racism of a counter protestor.  That's the only one I have seen so far.

16 minutes ago, Grimas said:

You know, that's at Ol'Miss, right? I'm sure he'll have a job lined up from daddy or one of his buddies dads who thinks what he did was great...

Maybe.  Maybe not.  My son's high school in Houston sends quite a few kids to Ole Miss and 100% of them pledge.  The parents I know would be very ashamed if their son did that.  And worried that he had just screwed up his life.

That was unacceptable and that young man knows better.  Mock them all you want.  Don't be a racist prick in doing so.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, DixonHur said:

I know it goes against human nature to a large degree, but I think it would be better if they just ignored the protesters, and eventually they'll get bored and go home.

Protesting is stupid, IMO, but counter protesting is even worse.  All it does is raise tensions and create a tinderbox for violence.  

Ignore the protestors who are taking over buildings and keeping you from going to class?

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

In fairness, it looks to be raining. If I was participating, I would ask if we could reconvene on Monday.

Now that's what I call dedication to the cause, lol

53 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

And a few less NOI feeds on her social media.

*fewer

But, for those of us who don't speak social media, what's an NOI feed?

37 minutes ago, rage-a-holic said:

They'll be throwing lots of "roof parties" for them

First step's a doozy

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Ignore the protestors who are taking over buildings and keeping you from going to class?

I meant the peaceful protestors, but yeah, if they should still be ignored by the student body when they start tearing shit up....that's a job for the cops.

Edited by DixonHur

35 minutes ago, Helobious said:

That's not what you said. You said that racists have overtaken the counter-protests. The implication is that the people displaying the American flag and singing the anthem are engaging in racism. They're not.

• Hook 'Em 2

46 minutes ago, Gene Parmesan said:

Gorillas are powerful and majestic beings and are considered highly intelligent.  Maybe he was honoring her.

What if the gorilla guy was a pro-Hamas agitator sent in to discredit the counter-protestor ?!?!?11!1!?

24 minutes ago, Frank Drebin said:

LSU.  The university that has a campus full of lakes....the location of which was selected by Huey Long to keep Southern (OMG BLACK PEOPLE!) from being built adjacent to it.  Yes.  I'll be taking my cues on justice and the treatment of people from....LSU.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

LSU.  The university that has a campus full of lakes....the location of which was selected by Huey Long to keep Southern (OMG BLACK PEOPLE!) from being built adjacent to it.  Yes.  I'll be taking my cues on justice and the treatment of people from....LSU.

What relevance does that have today?  You telling me a Democrat governor in the South 100 years ago was racist?  No shit.

• Haha 3

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I don't get how that's "patriotic." I understand flying the Israeli flag as part of a counterprotest, but what's with waving the American flag and singing the National Anthem in response? I mean, polls show that more Americans support an independent Palestinian state than don't, and official US policy has long worked toward a two-state solution.

Edited by bolverk
  • Hook 'Em 4

10 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

Lib Arts is what runs nations and makes sure dickhead engineers have jobs.

You can’t be serious. Other than liberal arts majors that go to law school, they have hard time finding work straight out of school.

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, bolverk said:

I don't get how that's "patriotic." I understand flying the Israeli flag as part of a counterprotest, but what's with waving the American flag and singing the National Anthem in response? I mean, polls show that more Americans support an independent Palestinian state than don't, and official US policy has long worked toward a two-state solution.

A lot of protestors are shouting anti-american chants and are taking over colleges. Most Americans are against hipsters and MEs taking over colleges.

Edited by Bevo
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, bolverk said:

Probably something to do with the idiots that tried to take down the American flag at UNC, resulting in viral videos of frat bros protecting the U.S. flag and getting like $500K in go fund me towards a rager, resulting in other frat bros across the country seeing it go viral and joining in on the action.   It was just as predictable as the idiotic protest spreading across the country in the first place.  Tik Tok generation gonna Tik Tok generation.

And I would love to see polls showing any kind of majority support for anything regarding Palestine after the last 2 weeks.  I would be willing to bet a large sum that the idiot protestors have absolutely destroyed public support for their cause.  

• Hook 'Em 6

49 minutes ago, Frank Drebin said:

"Patriots" lol.  Go join the military if you're such a patriot, otherwise shut the fuck up.

56 minutes ago, Don Johnson said:

Oh God, I hate that we are joining the SEC...

1 minute ago, Bevo said:

A lot of protestors are shouting anti-american chants

Like what?

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, DixonHur said:

"Patriots" lol.  Go join the military if you're such a patriot, otherwise shut the fuck up.

I always wanted us to go PAC whatever.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, DixonHur said:

Like what?

Like the chants that are anti-American 

• Hook 'Em 1

• bolverk changed the title to Worldwide Israel/Palestine War Protests Thread