Jump to content

Pro Wrestling


Lone Star Horn
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 5/9/2019 at 3:42 PM, HtownHorn said:

AEW getting a Turner deal is interesting. There is some real money behind this promotion now. They actually have a chance.

I'm gonna throw money at aew. Ppv and a shirt or two . I've been watching wrestling for 32 years now and this is the most frustrating I've been with wwe. This is up there for me with the Sparky Plug and Duke the dumpster era. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Butch Had Not said:

I'm gonna throw money at aew. Ppv and a shirt or two . I've been watching wrestling for 32 years now and this is the most frustrating I've been with wwe. This is up there for me with the Sparky Plug and Duke the dumpster era. 

 

 

I think wwe needs some legit competition. They are top heavy on talent, and could stand to lose 10-15 wrestlers.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

I think wwe needs some legit competition. They are top heavy on talent, and could stand to lose 10-15 wrestlers.

Revival

Luke Harper

Sasha banks

Gallows and Anderson 

They are good as gone as soon as they can and perfect fit for aew.

 

Nakamura should leave but might actually be ok with the less impactful work style.

Finn is awesome. Get him out of there. He's wasted in wwe. Is new Japan stuff was awesome. 

Kevin Owen's and sami are two of my favorites. They won't achieve their ceilings in wwe

Undisputed era are indy studs in nxt the second they debut on main roster it's over for them. 

The lack of building new stars is disturbing. For example, they basically did a reset on Robert roode, did the awesome entrance,  got a win. Has some new momentum.  Then he loses to give ricochet his win back. 1st thing was ricochet shouldn't had lost in the first place. I can't remember if he lost to roode before or after the pornstache debuted but you dont job ricochet when you have just shown roode to be a loser for 6 months. 2nd, the rematch shouldn't even had happened. The rematch doesn't elevate either and a repackaged roode losing just shows he's the same roode from the last year. 50/50 booking. Fucking ridiculous. 

Aew roster has a lot of talent. I will like to see how they build new stars. Guy they need is Will Ospreay but not sure his new Japan deal works. 

 

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Butch Had Not said:

Revival

Luke Harper

Sasha banks

Gallows and Anderson 

They are good as gone as soon as they can and perfect fit for aew.

 

Nakamura should leave but might actually be ok with the less impactful work style.

Finn is awesome. Get him out of there. He's wasted in wwe. Is new Japan stuff was awesome. 

Kevin Owen's and sami are two of my favorites. They won't achieve their ceilings in wwe

Undisputed era are indy studs in nxt the second they debut on main roster it's over for them. 

The lack of building new stars is disturbing. For example, they basically did a reset on Robert roode, did the awesome entrance,  got a win. Has some new momentum.  Then he loses to give ricochet his win back. 1st thing was ricochet shouldn't had lost in the first place. I can't remember if he lost to roode before or after the pornstache debuted but you dont job ricochet when you have just shown roode to be a loser for 6 months. 2nd, the rematch shouldn't even had happened. The rematch doesn't elevate either and a repackaged roode losing just shows he's the same roode from the last year. 50/50 booking. Fucking ridiculous. 

Aew roster has a lot of talent. I will like to see how they build new stars. Guy they need is Will Ospreay but not sure his new Japan deal works. 

 

 

 

 

 

roode was legit bad ass in TNA as a heel. He and Aries as the Dirty Heels were awesome. They set Roode up for failure from the beginning. Then teaming him with what's his face was pretty stupid. There aren't any legit heels right now, and that's on the writing.

 

I agree, as soon as they move Adam Cole onto the main roster he will be done. It seems that every guy they move up from NXT as a good 2-3 month run and then they are buried.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Fucking wwe. Guess they think brock will solve their problems. Don't get me started on how they got there. 

Back to not making stars,  they blew it again with the money in the bank match.  If they wanted a badass heel, drew could carry that briefcase and should be mega pushed in that spot. Now he's just another guy wasted away.  If they wanted the underdog, Ali or Ricochet could have won. 

I'm shocked that they have booked kofi strong so they haven't completely botched everything. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Here was my view of Drew McIntyre murdering Ricochet last night.

https://streamable.com/l5xgu

I was probably going to take a hiatus from watching after last night anyway and the end just confirmed they don't give a shit about their fans. The fact that the product is mostly unwatchable week to week, Vince continues to do business with a murderous dictatorship and the fact that Vince is incredibly mean spirited and callous towards talent who he doesn't use and want to go elsewhere I'm just tired of it. I've always had a fascination with the business even if the on air product was up and down but it all sucks right now.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/20/2019 at 12:56 PM, ATLLonghorn said:

Here was my view of Drew McIntyre murdering Ricochet last night.

https://streamable.com/l5xgu

I was probably going to take a hiatus from watching after last night anyway and the end just confirmed they don't give a shit about their fans. The fact that the product is mostly unwatchable week to week, Vince continues to do business with a murderous dictatorship and the fact that Vince is incredibly mean spirited and callous towards talent who he doesn't use and want to go elsewhere I'm just tired of it. I've always had a fascination with the business even if the on air product was up and down but it all sucks right now.

Are you going to watch aew? I seriously can't wait and am really pumped to watch Saturday even though my exposure to most of the roster is YouTube highlights and axis tv njpw ppvs. 

Back to wwe and their fuckups. Brock wins the money in the bank by throwing off mustafa ali. Do they capitalize on that all the next night with ali getting in brocks business? Nope. They probably didn't even give it a thought about Ali getting screwed (forget about Ali staring down the entrance instead of grabbing the briefcase) by brock and having a ready made feud in their hands and brock could help elevate ali. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Butch Had Not said:

Are you going to watch aew? I seriously can't wait and am really pumped to watch Saturday even though my exposure to most of the roster is YouTube highlights and axis tv njpw ppvs. 

 

I'm sure I'll watch some of it. Kenny Omega, Pentagon and Fenix are probably my three favorite guys in wrestling right now so I'm certainly invested in them. I have my concerns about the viability of any new wrestling promotion trying to compete with WWE. For one, I don't know that there's a secret, massive wrestling audience out there that wants to consume wrestling but not WWE. I think that bubble burst at the end of the Monday Night Wars and WWE's product has driven so many people away I don't think they're coming back to wrestling. The other problem is main stream stars. There is a ton of talent, but the biggest STAR AEW has is 48 year old Chris Jericho. Hopefully people tune in and realize how great the roster is, but I have my doubts. WWE needs legit competition badly, I hope it works out but I'm skeptical.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

RIP Owen Hart. Can’t believe it’s been 20 years. I’m getting old. I didn’t watch that PPV live but found out the next night on Raw. Damn I was sad. Still remember it. 

I don’t watch wrestling anymore but kinda keep up with it through WWF old school page on FB. I’m kinda excited for AEW. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, ATLLonghorn said:

I'm sure I'll watch some of it. Kenny Omega, Pentagon and Fenix are probably my three favorite guys in wrestling right now so I'm certainly invested in them. I have my concerns about the viability of any new wrestling promotion trying to compete with WWE. For one, I don't know that there's a secret, massive wrestling audience out there that wants to consume wrestling but not WWE. I think that bubble burst at the end of the Monday Night Wars and WWE's product has driven so many people away I don't think they're coming back to wrestling. The other problem is main stream stars. There is a ton of talent, but the biggest STAR AEW has is 48 year old Chris Jericho. Hopefully people tune in and realize how great the roster is, but I have my doubts. WWE needs legit competition badly, I hope it works out but I'm skeptical.

I'm much more optimistic and believe that the modern wrestling fan is far more in tune to who are stars than in the past. Aj styles debuted to a huge ovation after only a cup of coffee in like 2002 and spending a career in tna and Japan prior. He is a star despite never being in wwe ( not counting that match against hurricane). 15 years earlier the fans wouldn't have made a sound as they were only exposed to wwe guys. The modern fan knows these guys.  Kenny, cody and the bucks have marketed themselves to the point where they are stars now. If will osprey or Marty scrull showed up this weekend,  I guarantee you the fans will lose their shit. With that said,  they won't be pulling huge ratings right away but a TNT deal makes them viable.

Wwe fans have been told for too long who to chear for. They forced Roman reigns down our throats for too long and they could do that with anyone,  it could be curt Hawkins if they wanted or apollo crews. And brock could be a jobber. The point is that the wwe telling the fan who the important workers are are over. Nobody buys Roman as a star except little kids that don't know that it's wwe propaganda. Fans are leaving because the know that the product sucks and will go someplace else or watch both and they now know better than ever before who these other guys are. 

The Monday night wars will never be here again but an alternative promotion with sensible storylines, good wrestling,  budding stars,  financial backing unlike any other in 20 years,  is upon us and I'm excited. Given a chance,  these guys and gals can be household names with the backing aew has.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm not a huge New Japan guy, I catch the big matches when I can, but man oh man is the G1 Climax STACKED. A block on the left, B block on the right. It starts July 6. Night one is going to be in Dallas. The match schedule is released tomorrow.

Lance Archer   Jeff Cobb  
Evil   Hirooki Goto  
Bad Luck Fale   Tomohiro Ishii  
Kota Ibushi   Jon Moxley  
Kenta   Tetsuya Naito  
Kazuchika Okada   Juice Robinson  
Will Ospreay   Taichi  
Zack Sabre Jr.   Shingo Takagi  
Sanada   Jay White  
Hiroshi Tanahashi   Toru Yano
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I just started watching WWE again for first time in a long while because I bought Royal Rumble tix for the hell of it since it is in Houston.

The names of the NXT guys are so wack. What happened to the good old names like King Kong Bundy, The Undertaker, Hacksaw, The Rock, etc. Its like all the NXT guys are some generic ass name. Adam Cole is their fucking champ? Bobby Fish is a main player?? Come on. At least get some characters in there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, michaelpshayes said:

There is more cool in that ring than the entire wwe has had on their roster for the past decade.  UWF Jim Ross was the best JR

Very much so. Tried to find a clip of DiBiase getting the crowd to chant "Prissy Sissy" and Hayes going nuts, but no such luck. I can see it in my head tho ...80s wrestling rabbit hole is a good time 

Edited by Dennis Taylor
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...