Pro Wrestling

Lone Star Horn

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
A&e is doing more biography episodes as well as rivalries episodes. Started yesterday with Undertaker, Brett hart vs hbk

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I watched tonight’s episode of nitro Vs raw. I was a teen during the wwe peak. Never got into nitro. Damn Vince took WCW to the woodshed. Interesting to hear what JBL, Kevin Nash etc had to say about what went on between the 2.

Also before that episode was a bio on lex luger that I caught the last 15 min or so. Luger looks so much different now than before. And he’s in a wheel chair. I’m not sure if he’s paralyzed or what.

One may have to put this series into the queue, especially if you were a 90s wrestling fan which I would imagine most of us are
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

I watched tonight’s episode of nitro Vs raw. I was a teen during the wwe peak. Never got into nitro. Damn Vince took WCW to the woodshed. Interesting to hear what JBL, Kevin Nash etc had to say about what went on between the 2.

Also before that episode was a bio on lex luger that I caught the last 15 min or so. Luger looks so much different now than before. And he’s in a wheel chair. I’m not sure if he’s paralyzed or what.

One may have to put this series into the queue, especially if you were a 90s wrestling fan which I would imagine most of us are

Didn’t get a chance to watch the Nitro vs Raw yet but watched the Luger biography.  He had a stroke on a plane and was totally paralyzed.   He now has some functions but still wheel chair bound.  Very interesting biography and honestly all of them have been, Goldberg, Undertaker, and those twin girls who I had no idea who they were as I must have stopped watching wrestling by the time they became big (early 2000’s after Nitro/Raw wars is when I stopped following pro rassling).  

Both boys have some kind of bug. So we have been up since 4 watching the golden era. From about 97-02 was probably the greatest it will ever be. So many characters, so much talent. Great rivalries, great announcers, great crowds. I'm not sure what happened, but it's dead. We went to the Houston show and it was boring. 

Looking back I think WCW was the better product. 

Jr tried to finish me off with a Diamond cutter cause I told him to clean up his room. I countered his lil ass with a pedigree. But he won on a TKO because momma is cleaning his room and bitching at me.

Edited by Brothahorn
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 4 weeks later...

AEW has a mess on their hands. CM Punk and the Young Bucks were fighting after the PPV on Sunday. Punk seems upset that there are rumors he ran Colt Cabana to ROH. 

Tony Khan will actually have to make a decision on the future of the company. He's already lost one founding member, and there is a chance he could lose the rest of the Elite. Punk is still a good draw, but starting fights backstage is not a good look. All this after the return of MJF, who likely has 1 foot out the door but looks to have a big program coming up with Punk. They should just put the belt on MJF and let Punk walk.

7 hours ago, Jshep34 said:

Probably let Punk walk but think all this is showing that Tony isn't in charge of behavior. Don't think omega has much more ring time left.

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk

AEW needs to build their programming around MJF, he is the real star in that locker room. I'm not sure Wardlow is ready for that level, or if they want to set up another program of MJF and Wardlow so soon, but I am finding it hard to find a face on the AEW roster that is ready for a big program with MJF. You have to get rid of Punk, especially after they quietly suspended Eddie Kingston for fighting Sammy Guevara backstage.

AEW should be doing everything to get Will Ospreay. That kid is a fucking star.

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

AEW needs to build their programming around MJF, he is the real star in that locker room. I'm not sure Wardlow is ready for that level, or if they want to set up another program of MJF and Wardlow so soon, but I am finding it hard to find a face on the AEW roster that is ready for a big program with MJF. You have to get rid of Punk, especially after they quietly suspended Eddie Kingston for fighting Sammy Guevara backstage.

AEW should be doing everything to get Will Ospreay. That kid is a fucking star.

I am probably missing a lot of facts but is Punk just a dick?  I heard it was Adam Page that "went into business" for himself?

3 hours ago, closetohumping said:

I am probably missing a lot of facts but is Punk just a dick?  I heard it was Adam Page that "went into business" for himself?

Long story short, yes, he is the ultimate prick. Did Page go off script, probably. Did Punk need to start a fight about it after winning back the belt, absolutely not. I don't think Punk has too many supporting him in the locker room right now. But Tony Khan needs to decide who actually runs the promotion.

• Hook 'Em 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Punk is going on FTR's podcast. Drops the 29th.  Either the FTR wants to go back to WWE and work for Paul and Shawn or the whole Punk drama may be a massive work.  FTR is the best tag team in the world and hardly gets any time on Dynamite.  I could see them wanting out. 

10 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

I don’t think they have 8.6 billion sitting around.  Atleast that’s the figure I see from a google search.  

Seen rumors that he's selling to the Saudis and it will go private.  He may stay on to run it after the sale.

On 1/11/2023 at 1:24 PM, Gil Bang said:

WTF is going on here?   

Here's what I'm understanding: Vince was fucking the help, paying them off with  corp dollars, and "resigned".  Now, he's back, and his daughter has resigned? 

Is this another bullshit storyline, or is it real? 

On 12/27/2022 at 2:51 PM, ocugolf said:

Punk is going on FTR's podcast. Drops the 29th.  Either the FTR wants to go back to WWE and work for Paul and Shawn or the whole Punk drama may be a massive work.  FTR is the best tag team in the world and hardly gets any time on Dynamite.  I could see them wanting out. 

It seems Tony Khan runs it like his little playground toys to play with instead of running it like a business. His whole setup is shitty and his moves make no sense. That program has approximately 30 percent lower ratings since Punk was on it and apparently Punk's merch is still the top seller for them even though he hasn't appeared in months. 

If he was a businessman he'd keep the top name star who's making him money and drop the former indie kids with very little following who are getting into shit with him. It doesn't appear he cares about ratings and business though. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/27/2022 at 2:51 PM, ocugolf said:

They were getting plenty of time. Hell, the Young Bucks worked their 1st tag team match since July last week on Dynamite. I do think FTR will leave when their contract runs out. Now that Vince is out, they may actually get a real push in WWE. Vince treated them like trash when they were there.

On 1/12/2023 at 5:13 PM, Hermanator said:

It seems Tony Khan runs it like his little playground toys to play with instead of running it like a business. His whole setup is shitty and his moves make no sense. That program has approximately 30 percent lower ratings since Punk was on it and apparently Punk's merch is still the top seller for them even though he hasn't appeared in months. 

If he was a businessman he'd keep the top name star who's making him money and drop the former indie kids with very little following who are getting into shit with him. It doesn't appear he cares about ratings and business though. 

The Bucks are not indie kids. They are stars, and the reason AEW exists today. They took a challenge and turned into a real company. Now, I do agree that Khan is over his head as the DOC.

Edited by HtownHorn

Didn’t think the mens rumble match was good at all and very predictable. One surprise only, Booker T.  Really Gunther lasts till the end and breaks the record for time??  Then you have him and Cody as the final two?  No one anywhere thought Gunther might win.  Feels like Vince got his hand in booking again. 

Edited by Hook1997

On 1/21/2023 at 1:54 PM, HtownHorn said:

The Bucks are not indie kids. They are stars

christian bale laughing GIF

On 1/21/2023 at 1:54 PM, HtownHorn said:

and the reason AEW exists today.

No the reason it exists today is because multi billionaire Shad Khan decided to let his man child son play around with his inheritance while he's still alive to see it. Their ratings are terrible and I wouldn't be surprised if they get dropped off Turner before long if Shad decides enough is enough. They routinely get about a 1 to 1.5 million viewer lead in from a rerun of a sitcom over a decade old and proceed to lose a couple hundred thousand or more to be under a million viewers within the first half hour. Those aren't stars. It's a small niche product.

The guy who they attacked in the dressing room who pulled much bigger audiences before they got jealous and ran him off? That's a star. 

• Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, Hook1997 said:

Didn’t think the mens rumble match was good at all and very predictable. One surprise only, Booker T.  Really Gunther lasts till the end and breaks the record for time??  Then you have him and Cody as the final two?  No one anywhere thought Gunther might win.  Feels like Vince got his hand in booking again. 

There were some great spots I agree.   But lazy writing.  I knew Gunther would make it to the end.  I also knew Rhodes would win.  Lashley and the euros were too easily eliminated 

1 hour ago, NoRagrets said:

Live, the men’s rumble and the finale were epic.

Lot of people in the audience genuinely mad at Jay. 

Crowd was pretty pissed at Roman.  On tv, Jay and Sami were cheered

13 hours ago, Fudbelty said:

Few Twitter folks took Rhodes jumping over the ropes will lead to him and Rey feud/mania.

Isn't Rhodes going after Reigns now?

Isn't Rhodes going after Reigns now?

You’re likely right. I don’t follow the stories or the internet explanations. My son is 7 and knows worlds more than I do. After just a quick twitter look I think Rey may have been injured Friday and they will just use it all to build the Dom/Rey.