Jump to content

Pro Wrestling


Lone Star Horn
 Share

Recommended Posts

i just discovered all the historical content available on peacock so randomly turned on a starrcade.  second match: is that triple h?  in wcw?  using damn near his real name?  immediately apparent how talented that guy was, even that early in his career.  wiki says vince watched that starrcade match and a few weeks later triple h was in wwf. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
A&e is doing more biography episodes as well as rivalries episodes. Started yesterday with Undertaker, Brett hart vs hbk

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk



I watched tonight’s episode of nitro Vs raw. I was a teen during the wwe peak. Never got into nitro. Damn Vince took WCW to the woodshed. Interesting to hear what JBL, Kevin Nash etc had to say about what went on between the 2.

Also before that episode was a bio on lex luger that I caught the last 15 min or so. Luger looks so much different now than before. And he’s in a wheel chair. I’m not sure if he’s paralyzed or what.

One may have to put this series into the queue, especially if you were a 90s wrestling fan which I would imagine most of us are
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:


I watched tonight’s episode of nitro Vs raw. I was a teen during the wwe peak. Never got into nitro. Damn Vince took WCW to the woodshed. Interesting to hear what JBL, Kevin Nash etc had to say about what went on between the 2.

Also before that episode was a bio on lex luger that I caught the last 15 min or so. Luger looks so much different now than before. And he’s in a wheel chair. I’m not sure if he’s paralyzed or what.

One may have to put this series into the queue, especially if you were a 90s wrestling fan which I would imagine most of us are

Didn’t get a chance to watch the Nitro vs Raw yet but watched the Luger biography.  He had a stroke on a plane and was totally paralyzed.   He now has some functions but still wheel chair bound.  Very interesting biography and honestly all of them have been, Goldberg, Undertaker, and those twin girls who I had no idea who they were as I must have stopped watching wrestling by the time they became big (early 2000’s after Nitro/Raw wars is when I stopped following pro rassling).  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Both boys have some kind of bug. So we have been up since 4 watching the golden era. From about 97-02 was probably the greatest it will ever be. So many characters, so much talent. Great rivalries, great announcers, great crowds. I'm not sure what happened, but it's dead. We went to the Houston show and it was boring. 

Looking back I think WCW was the better product. 

Jr tried to finish me off with a Diamond cutter cause I told him to clean up his room. I countered his lil ass with a pedigree. But he won on a TKO because momma is cleaning his room and bitching at me.

Edited by Brothahorn
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

AEW has a mess on their hands. CM Punk and the Young Bucks were fighting after the PPV on Sunday. Punk seems upset that there are rumors he ran Colt Cabana to ROH. 

Tony Khan will actually have to make a decision on the future of the company. He's already lost one founding member, and there is a chance he could lose the rest of the Elite. Punk is still a good draw, but starting fights backstage is not a good look. All this after the return of MJF, who likely has 1 foot out the door but looks to have a big program coming up with Punk. They should just put the belt on MJF and let Punk walk.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Jshep34 said:

Probably let Punk walk but think all this is showing that Tony isn't in charge of behavior. Don't think omega has much more ring time left.

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk
 

AEW needs to build their programming around MJF, he is the real star in that locker room. I'm not sure Wardlow is ready for that level, or if they want to set up another program of MJF and Wardlow so soon, but I am finding it hard to find a face on the AEW roster that is ready for a big program with MJF. You have to get rid of Punk, especially after they quietly suspended Eddie Kingston for fighting Sammy Guevara backstage.

AEW should be doing everything to get Will Ospreay. That kid is a fucking star.

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

AEW needs to build their programming around MJF, he is the real star in that locker room. I'm not sure Wardlow is ready for that level, or if they want to set up another program of MJF and Wardlow so soon, but I am finding it hard to find a face on the AEW roster that is ready for a big program with MJF. You have to get rid of Punk, especially after they quietly suspended Eddie Kingston for fighting Sammy Guevara backstage.

AEW should be doing everything to get Will Ospreay. That kid is a fucking star.

I am probably missing a lot of facts but is Punk just a dick?  I heard it was Adam Page that "went into business" for himself?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, closetohumping said:

I am probably missing a lot of facts but is Punk just a dick?  I heard it was Adam Page that "went into business" for himself?

Long story short, yes, he is the ultimate prick. Did Page go off script, probably. Did Punk need to start a fight about it after winning back the belt, absolutely not. I don't think Punk has too many supporting him in the locker room right now. But Tony Khan needs to decide who actually runs the promotion.

  • Hook 'Em 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Punk is going on FTR's podcast. Drops the 29th.  Either the FTR wants to go back to WWE and work for Paul and Shawn or the whole Punk drama may be a massive work.  FTR is the best tag team in the world and hardly gets any time on Dynamite.  I could see them wanting out. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

WTF is going on here?   

Here's what I'm understanding: Vince was fucking the help, paying them off with  corp dollars, and "resigned".  Now, he's back, and his daughter has resigned? 

Is this another bullshit storyline, or is it real? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

He’s back on the board to negotiate a sell I think because he has majority shares, he can’t be part of the product still.  Basically Vince is like if I can’t play with my toys no one can.  Sucks but hopefully whoever buys it keeps HHH to run things. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

I don’t think they have 8.6 billion sitting around.  Atleast that’s the figure I see from a google search.  

Seen rumors that he's selling to the Saudis and it will go private.  He may stay on to run it after the sale.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/11/2023 at 1:24 PM, Gil Bang said:

WTF is going on here?   

Here's what I'm understanding: Vince was fucking the help, paying them off with  corp dollars, and "resigned".  Now, he's back, and his daughter has resigned? 

Is this another bullshit storyline, or is it real? 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/27/2022 at 2:51 PM, ocugolf said:

Punk is going on FTR's podcast. Drops the 29th.  Either the FTR wants to go back to WWE and work for Paul and Shawn or the whole Punk drama may be a massive work.  FTR is the best tag team in the world and hardly gets any time on Dynamite.  I could see them wanting out. 

It seems Tony Khan runs it like his little playground toys to play with instead of running it like a business. His whole setup is shitty and his moves make no sense. That program has approximately 30 percent lower ratings since Punk was on it and apparently Punk's merch is still the top seller for them even though he hasn't appeared in months. 

If he was a businessman he'd keep the top name star who's making him money and drop the former indie kids with very little following who are getting into shit with him. It doesn't appear he cares about ratings and business though. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/27/2022 at 2:51 PM, ocugolf said:

Punk is going on FTR's podcast. Drops the 29th.  Either the FTR wants to go back to WWE and work for Paul and Shawn or the whole Punk drama may be a massive work.  FTR is the best tag team in the world and hardly gets any time on Dynamite.  I could see them wanting out. 

They were getting plenty of time. Hell, the Young Bucks worked their 1st tag team match since July last week on Dynamite. I do think FTR will leave when their contract runs out. Now that Vince is out, they may actually get a real push in WWE. Vince treated them like trash when they were there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/12/2023 at 5:13 PM, Hermanator said:

It seems Tony Khan runs it like his little playground toys to play with instead of running it like a business. His whole setup is shitty and his moves make no sense. That program has approximately 30 percent lower ratings since Punk was on it and apparently Punk's merch is still the top seller for them even though he hasn't appeared in months. 

If he was a businessman he'd keep the top name star who's making him money and drop the former indie kids with very little following who are getting into shit with him. It doesn't appear he cares about ratings and business though. 

The Bucks are not indie kids. They are stars, and the reason AEW exists today. They took a challenge and turned into a real company. Now, I do agree that Khan is over his head as the DOC.

Edited by HtownHorn
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...