Pro Wrestling

Lone Star Horn

1 hour ago, Gil Bang said:

Hey, I don't have time to read this thread.  I just stopped by to say that Vince McMahon seems a bit creepy. 

he shit on a girl's head during a threesome. it's beyond a bit creepy. it's a bit trafficky and a lot rapey....

and bonus there's a pee tape allegation. who might want a pee tape? brock lesnar probably allegedly.

it's fucking wild

6 hours ago, hayden_horn said:

he shit on a girl's head during a threesome. it's beyond a bit creepy. it's a bit trafficky and a lot rapey....

and bonus there's a pee tape allegation. who might want a pee tape? brock lesnar probably allegedly.

it's fucking wild

The rumor is Brock is being held out of the royal rumble because he was involved in setting up "play" dates. If true the easy money he makes from WWE is over and done with, can't go back to UFC they're essentially the same company now.

12 hours ago, WBT said:

It's a work.  He'll be back, just like last time

You would think so, but Slim Jim had come out and said that they were no longer going to sponsor the Royal Rumble. Then Vince resigns, and Slim Jim says ok, we'll sponsor WWE again. If any more WWE execs are outed then I can see other advertisers doing the same until they clean house.

Now if makes total sense why Vince had the former president on his wrestling program and even personally had the former president inducted into his WWE Hall of Fame. They're basically the same person just one is stupid and evil and one is smart/savvy and evil. 

Now who is the guy always kissing up to former president and having him on his ppv broadcasts? Dana White. What kind of evil, depraved shit is Dana White doing?

17 hours ago, Fudbelty said:

We get it, you’re a staunch Trump supporter. Keep it in the CR though.

Cloak room is for political talk.

There's nothing political about McMahon putting a former president in his hall of fame that's been found guilty of sexual assault in civil court. Which makes sense now that McMahon is being sued for sexual assault. 

No mention of public policy, laws, legislation, or anything of the sort. Does not belong in cloak room. 

• 2 weeks later...

This Rock Reigns Cody storyline is fantastic. The press conference today was great. The Rock calling out the Cody Cry Babies and then slapping Cody definitely brought the heat. 

I think a Cody v Rock main event would be cool but I also want to see Roman drop the belt. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Smackdown started with 40 minutes of talking tonight from the guy who has held the championship uninterrupted for 3 1/2 YEARS now, whose entire family seems like it is or has been involved in the WWE.  Such a quality product right now.  🙄  Seems more like watching someone's family backyard barbecue arguments than actual entertainment.  

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)
On 3/2/2024 at 12:39 AM, TexLonghorn said:

Smackdown started with 40 minutes of talking tonight from the guy who has held the championship uninterrupted for 3 1/2 YEARS now, whose entire family seems like it is or has been involved in the WWE.  Such a quality product right now.  🙄  Seems more like watching someone's family backyard barbecue arguments than actual entertainment.  

This is actually much better than 3 plus years ago….   I don’t really watch much other than flipping  channels to it there here and there anymore or Rumble or Mania pirating.  But from reading a bit on the internet the last few years and listening to old school wrestlers podcasts (who comment on the current product occasionally).  Everyone the last year in a half since Vince has been gone says it’s is the best it’s been in a long time, talent and fans.  

Edited by Hook1997

• 3 weeks later...

I think the storytelling right now might be the best in over 20 years easy.  I watched the start of raw for the first time tonight in a while, the crowd is like attitude era.  But they don’t know who to cheer or boo, At points it’s cheer Rock and Roman at points it’s boo at points it’s Cody.  No one knows what’s going to actually happen at Wrestlemania with so many subtle clues before about who turns on who and who might appear. (Cena-Stone Cold on the 18 wheeler behind where the Rock beat Cody), Rock whispering to Cody to start the show.   I mean I read about most of this stuff instead of see it but the story sounds perfect as I could imagine in today’s wrestling.  Doing the hidden clues is awesome to me but no one knows still.  Does Rock turn on Roman, Seth on Cody, USO brothers issues, Sami?  Truly a masterclass by HHH and Roadog according to online.  

• Like 1

The USA market has always been about the story anyway, but especially now when everyone knows it's fake as shit and they acknowledge the fakeness on the product the story is everything. Just like a movie or play. Yet Tony Khan wants to have shit stories, extremely fake looking wrestling, but try to pretend it's real fighting doing stuff like tournaments. It's like he's putting on a master class in how to fail as a wrestling promoter. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hermanator said:

The USA market has always been about the story anyway, but especially now when everyone knows it's fake as shit and they acknowledge the fakeness on the product the story is everything. Just like a movie or play. Yet Tony Khan wants to have shit stories, extremely fake looking wrestling, but try to pretend it's real fighting doing stuff like tournaments. It's like he's putting on a master class in how to fail as a wrestling promoter. 

Tony’s project has failed.    Now his expansions of wrestlers experience no.  But as a whole no

Okay that Rock/Reigns v. Rhodes/Rollins tag match lived up the hype. The Rock is a physical specimen and him taking the Rock Bottom from Rhodes into the announce table was an awesome spot. 

42 minutes ago, MrX said:

Okay that Rock/Reigns v. Rhodes/Rollins tag match lived up the hype. The Rock is a physical specimen and him taking the Rock Bottom from Rhodes into the announce table was an awesome spot. 

Any way Rhodes doesn't win tomorrow?  Looks like they've perfectly setup either Rhodes overcoming all the odds and Rock turning on Reigns for not getting the job done after being handed the opportunity on a platter, or turning on Reigns mid-match as payback for the spear tonight.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, Captain Obvious said:

Any way Rhodes doesn't win tomorrow?  Looks like they've perfectly setup either Rhodes overcoming all the odds and Rock turning on Reigns for not getting the job done after being handed the opportunity on a platter, or turning on Reigns mid-match as payback for the spear tonight.

Think Cody wins but Rock stays loyal and there’s some benefit from the rules for Cody (Cena? Stone Cold?) that allows for a clean-ish win. 

28 minutes ago, MrX said:

Think Cody wins but Rock stays loyal and there’s some benefit from the rules for Cody (Cena? Stone Cold?) that allows for a clean-ish win. 

Depending on how much Rock wants to actually wrestle, if you have him turn on Reigns during/after the match (Cody can still win clean and Rock turns after Reigns fails to finish the job), you could have Rock take over as tribal chief, feud with Rhodes till Summerslam where Cody retains cleanly, then Rock and Reigns settle the tribal chief role at next year's wrestlemania.

Pretty weak first night overall. Rock tag team was pretty good and I thought the ladder match was fun. The other matches were boring and didn’t push the limits as hard as most wrestlemania matches have in the past. The uso match was particularly shitty. Bad wrestling with almost zero chances taken.