2018 Houston Astros Season Thread

Planet Houston

Link? Or is that what the Hinch-speak calculator is coming up with.

Yeah. I like AJ as a manager but I’m tired of his lies about injuries. Springer is still out of the lineup despite Hinch saying that he’s been available off the bench since Tuesday. He does this shit consistently.

Astros CF George Springer’s thumb injury is much more serious than the team has let on.

Sources on Thursday informed me that Springer has ligament damage in his thumb, and that his thumb is “unstable.”  They also indicated that this injury would normally have a much longer recovery timetable - 6-8 weeks on the shorter end.  It has only been three weeks since Springer suffered the initial injury.

Springer appeared to be in a significant amount of pain when he injured his thumb on a head first slide on August 5th.  He then missed the next eight games on the DL.  

Springer returned to the lineup without going on a rehab stint, which was unusual.  Jose Altuve played one game at Triple-A Fresno to get his timing back before rejoining the lineup.

Springer came off the DL and returned to the lineup on Aug. 17, playing in three games.  He went a combined 3-of-13 with one run and one RBI.  He did not start on Aug. 20th vs Seattle, although manager AJ Hinch said he was available to pinch hit. Springer has not played the last three games.

Patrick Creighton hosts “Late Hits” on ESPN 97.5 Houston weeknights 7-9p, and “Straight Heat” on SB Nation

1 minute ago, tx 3 putt said:

Astros CF George Springer’s thumb injury is much more serious than the team has let on.

Sources on Thursday informed me that Springer has ligament damage in his thumb, and that his thumb is “unstable.”  They also indicated that this injury would normally have a much longer recovery timetable - 6-8 weeks on the shorter end.  It has only been three weeks since Springer suffered the initial injury.

Springer appeared to be in a significant amount of pain when he injured his thumb on a head first slide on August 5th.  He then missed the next eight games on the DL.  

Springer returned to the lineup without going on a rehab stint, which was unusual.  Jose Altuve played one game at Triple-A Fresno to get his timing back before rejoining the lineup.

Springer came off the DL and returned to the lineup on Aug. 17, playing in three games.  He went a combined 3-of-13 with one run and one RBI.  He did not start on Aug. 20th vs Seattle, although manager AJ Hinch said he was available to pinch hit. Springer has not played the last three games.

Patrick Creighton hosts “Late Hits” on ESPN 97.5 Houston weeknights 7-9p, and “Straight Heat” on SB Nation

I suppose this could be true, but given how the team has handled other injuries this season, I find it hard to believe they rushed George back. 

3 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

I suppose this could be true, but given how the team has handled other injuries this season, I find it hard to believe they rushed George back. 

The last game he played. I noticed his last at bat that something wasn't right. I think he re-injured it, but missed the next game due to quad pull. I was surprised that the announcers didn't mention it during his at bat. He was in pain or it looked that way to me.

46 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Son of a bitch. Goddamn 2018 has been frustrating as hell.