2018 Houston Astros Season Thread

Planet Houston

ok, so let's take a breath for a minute.

after the 4 game winning streak, we're 79-50.  29 games over.  i'm pretty sure our high water mark for the season is no more than 31 or 32 over, so we're only a few games off from that.  not bad considering the injuries, shitty play, and overall drama from fans.

we're 46-21 on the road, which is fucking stupid.  i don't know what types of marks we could threaten with that record, but take a look at our remaining schedule - we could make some noise (we finish with 3 @tor and 4 @balt) 

so at 79-50, we need to go 21-12 to win an even 100.  the schedule isn't what i would call daunting, so i think 100-62 is a pretty fair projection.

more importantly, the indians have quietly been shitty, and may get swept by the royals.  we're now 6 up on the tribe with less than 5 weeks remaining.

we just need to handle our business vs oakland this week.

2 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

ok, so let's take a breath for a minute.

after the 4 game winning streak, we're 79-50.  29 games over.  i'm pretty sure our high water mark for the season is no more than 31 or 32 over, so we're only a few games off from that.  not bad considering the injuries, shitty play, and overall drama from fans.

we're 46-21 on the road, which is fucking stupid.  i don't know what types of marks we could threaten with that record, but take a look at our remaining schedule - we could make some noise (we finish with 3 @tor and 4 @balt) 

so at 79-50, we need to go 21-12 to win an even 100.  the schedule isn't what i would call daunting, so i think 100-62 is a pretty fair projection.

more importantly, the indians have quietly been shitty, and may get swept by the royals.  we're now 6 up on the tribe with less than 5 weeks remaining.

we just need to handle our business vs oakland this week.

We have 14 road games left.  Mariners hold the AL road win record with 59-22.  We'd have to win out on the road to beat them.