2018 Houston Astros Season Thread

Planet Houston

6 hours ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Hinch also said yesterday that Springer could come of the bench, he was fine, being held out as a precaution.

He’s making opponents prepare for any and all possibilities, and doesn’t owe the fans a gotdam thing.

Then again I like playoff  hockey injury reports and how Bellichick handles this stuff.

WGAF???   He’ll play when he’s ready.

Edited by slorch

25 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Counterpoint, the Astros won the WS despite having him as a manager.  I would trade him to get Alex Cora back any day.

So if I am reading this correctly, Cora was more of a factor in us winning last year than Hinch?

I know we are still worried about 2018, but 2019 schedule is out.

Thought we would have Cubs on the road, and we don't. Disappointed. Also have some random ass Friday off in May. Don't play on July 4th either which seems very unamerican.

Looks like Colorado is now our interleague "rival" and not arizona. We play them home and away next year again.

Guess i may be going to St Louis. Really wanted @Cubs or @Pirates.

6 minutes ago, Scraps said:

Best i can do at the moment 12ef967b4dab5b6820b7b92cf25fe250.jpg

Begin the season with a 7 game road trip and end it with a 6 game one.  Great.

Also, back to back 4 game series vs. Seattle and Oakland in September could be wild.

Edit: 7 of our last 9 games against the Angels?  Wow.  AL West is gonna go down to the wire pretty much by default.

Edited by Chuckie Finster

3 games in Baltimore, followed by 3 games in Chicago, followed by 4 games in Oakland, followed by a 7 game home stand with no days off.  WTF?  I can't remember a road trip starting on the East coast and finishing on West coast, much less 17 games in a row. 

9 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

Ahhh I did miss that.
GAB might be my ballpark to see the astros on the road next year.

It's a nice, if slightly bland, park with a pretty location on the river so you can see across to the Kentucky side. Check out the great Hofbrauhaus over there while you're at it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mrhorn said:

3 games in Baltimore, followed by 3 games in Chicago, followed by 4 games in Oakland, followed by a 7 game home stand with no days off.  WTF?  I can't remember a road trip starting on the East coast and finishing on West coast, much less 17 games in a row. 

Our division is the most screwed up when it comes to travel and game times.

NL East, AL East -- All teams in Eastern time zone.

NL Central, AL Central - All teams in Central time zone

NL West - 2 Mountain, 3 Pacific.

AL West - 2 Central, 3 Pacific.

The Astros and Rangers get fucked by having to spend an inordinate amount of games 2 time zones away.  Plus far too many 10:10 PM Eastern start times for my watching enjoyment. Portland and Vancouver need to get expansion teams so we can move back to the NL Central, or at least the AL Central.

5 minutes ago, HoustonFrog said:

The 9pm start times are starting to really drive down my Astros viewing. 

Yep, I was up til past 1 am watching last night on the east coast.  The league could schedule better to alleviate this some.  Put more West Coast road trips on weekends and make nearly every game a day game when teams travel west.

1 minute ago, Tommy Nobis said:

I fell asleep early the last 2 games and just checked scores the next morning.  Don't really care to stay up late to watch the brand of baseball we're playing lately.

same here.  pretty sad considering where we were a few weeks ago.