2018 Houston Astros Season Thread

Planet Houston

26 minutes ago, ckhorn said:

Until tomorrow. Our offense needs to wake up. We are underachieving and A's are doing the opposite.

I agree, but you gotta hand it to them. The A's are fucking scrappy. I just wish we weren't on the receiving end of it.

21 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Yep. He's safe.

Bummer.

There's nothing definitive about that view. The moment you think he's touching the plate he could be 3 inches away and you can't say there's not a stitch of clothing from Maldonado touching him. Now you're just dug into your position and won't admit you're wrong.

19 minutes ago, maninblack said:

There's nothing definitive about that view. The moment you think he's touching the plate he could be 3 inches away and you can't say there's not a stitch of clothing from Maldonado touching him. Now you're just dug into your position and won't admit you're wrong.

I think it is definitive. I don't like it, either.

He was safe.

No he wasn't and you nor MLB can show the absolute conclusive shot that proves it. Hell I've provided everything. Show me exactly where he's touching the plate and at the same time not being touched by Maldonado...go

It's in the clip above. He's clearly touching the plate before the tag.

27 minutes ago, Planet Houston said:

I still can’t believe they reversed that. He was probably safe, but nothing was definitive from any angle. 

FWIW, Stanton said MLB uses more cameras than the network. We aren't necessarily privy to what NY sees. There's also this from MLB.com:

How many camera angles will be available to replay officials?

The Replay Operations Center is set up to take feeds from as many as 12 cameras. If there are more, the best angles will be chosen before the game. The replay official also has access to any replays shown by the network(s) covering the game.

There should be at least seven or eight cameras at each game. And each stadium has installed a "high home" camera to, among other things, help the replay officials place runners as needed.

26 minutes ago, maninblack said:

Then fucking show it. Jesus this isn't hard and still nothing shown to the public is conclusive that the call should've been overturned. By rule you're still wrong.

The rule is that there must be conclusive evidence to overturn the call.

I know you think there was no such evidence in the angles we all saw on TV and that's cool, but how do you know there wasn't conclusive evidence in an angle we never saw?

Edited by David Dennison

How do you know there was? Also, you haven't seen anything different then the rest of the general public and squarely fall in the 1% of Yankee/A's/Mariners fan contingent of definitely out. Hmmmmmmmmm

I don't. But I do know we disagree on what we saw. And that's OK. 

Neither of us know what the officials in NY saw and that's all that matters when it comes to replay.

By the way, I agree that we should get to see those angles. There's no reason why we shouldn't.

Sort of lost in this, our relievers gave up some walks and hard-hit balls that led to the loss...or at least to the possibility of the loss. Had we shown the home team’s plate discipline and clutch hitting, that call would have been moot. But once again we just didn’t get quite enough done to solidify a win. That’s a drag. 

2 hours ago, Gut Wagon said:

Sort of lost in this, our relievers gave up some walks and hard-hit balls that led to the loss...or at least to the possibility of the loss. Had we shown the home team’s plate discipline and clutch hitting, that call would have been moot. But once again we just didn’t get quite enough done to solidify a win. That’s a drag. 

Isn't it the 2nd consecutive blown opportunity for Rondon?