2018 Houston Astros Season Thread

Planet Houston

make all the jokes about run differential that you want, but the fact remains that teams throughout history with crazy run differentials have done very well in the postseason.  is it a little fluky?  of course.  is it a total coincidence?  i'm not so sure.

teams that seem to skate by with a crazy record in one run games also seem to exit early come oct.

5 hours ago, Rimbo said:

dude he has the highest ops on the team right now

someone explain how this happens to me

I proposed trading him for Bryce Harper a few weeks ago because they had the same OPS, and Tyler White got pissed off and now has a much higher OPS than Harper.

Only explanation.

• Like 4

I'm pretty sure my scalding rebuke of the players and manager after the previous game explains all of this. Which means I should have done it way sooner. I'm only surprised that I didn't have to scream (again) about DFAing Oso for him to suddenly come out of hibernation.  

8 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

So Tucker is staying... at least until Altuve comes back. Although by then it may be September and the rosters will be expanded. I really hope he finds his stroke in the bigs and he doesn't turn out to be just a great minor leaguer. 

So Tucker is staying... at least until Altuve comes back. Although by then it may be September and the rosters will be expanded. I really hope he finds his stroke in the bigs and he doesn't turn out to be just a great minor leaguer. 

Jesus.

After first ~56 plate appearances:
Player A: .157 BA, .259 OBP, .216 SLG, .474 OBP, 11 Ks
Player B: .135 BA, .196 OBP, .173 SLG, .370 OBP, 14 Ks

(Hint: player B’s trade value is now higher than it was after those first 56 PAs)
  • Like 2

Tucker doesn't lead the team in home runs yet.  They need to cut him since he's clearly a bust.

He is 21 years old and had just start to hit well in Fresno when they called him up the first time.  He wasn't ready and that's not his fault.

Edited by kevwun

56 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

Jesus.

(Hint: player B’s trade value is now higher than it was after those first 56 PAs)

bregman?

59 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

Jesus.

Know the answer is Bregman, but thought I'd look up Mike Trout's numbers from his first call up: 7 for 43 with 1 HR and 6 RBI. Agree that we should probably let the guy get a few more ABs first before making any definitive statements. Also wanted to compare him to Ted Williams' first call up...but that guy started 1939 in the majors and won the MVP. Maybe we should pump the brakes all the way around.