2018 Houston Astros Season Thread

Planet Houston

52 minutes ago, cabowabo said:
1 hour ago, tx 3 putt said:
Altuve hasn’t even started running yet, he’ll be out for awhile still  

It would be nice if they told us what's really wrong with his knee. Does discomfort last this long?

If I had to guess, they know he's going to need surgery.* I think they are trying to hold him out as long as they possibly can, get him through the post-season and then deal with it.

I hope he's ready to go by April.

* Not a doctor.

19 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

If I had to guess, they know he's going to need surgery.* I think they are trying to hold him out as long as they possibly can, get him through the post-season and then deal with it.

I hope he's ready to go by April.

* Not a doctor.

I don't think he needs surgery, just being extra cautious. The whole team is banged up. Honestly, I don't think Yuli or Carlos have fully healed their hand injuries...now it's also a back issues for correa. Springer hand injury is more worrisome to me then anything.  Just stay positive, it's never easy task to repeat, but I can assure you, we will make a deep run and that's why they are not rushing Altuve back in anyway. Springer is tough as crap, I know he will make it back soon

Right now I'm not thinking about 1998 or last year. I'm just watching how we play and trying to project how we'll look come the end of September. I'd obviously feel better had we not managed to throw away Sunday's game, but I'm at least encouraged we didn't go down without a rally. Guess we'll soon know if that jolted any life at all into the squad.