Brett Kavanaugh Confirmation Thread

Hugo Stiglitz

2 minutes ago, EMAWesome said:

Should have posted this with the CNN video because the video echoes the point.  Everyone assuming that women will automatically support the woman in this case forgets that women have husbands, sons, fathers, brothers, etc.   If you think they would support a woman who has made such an obvious bullshit accusation as this against those husbands, sons, fathers, and brothers you could not be more wrong.  Do you think Kavanaugh's wife and daughters are going to support Ford in this?

Do you think it’s fucked up that those women don’t give a shit that a potential Supreme Court Justice tried to rape someone?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Do you think it’s fucked up that those women don’t give a shit that a potential Supreme Court Justice tried to rape someone?

I think its fucked up that you don't say "allegedly" tried to rape someone. You are so convinced it happened it is as crazy as those that are so convinced there is no way it ever happened. 

5 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

And you have the proof? 

Let her testify. Let him answer hard questions. 

I don't want to see him confirmed, but I also do not want to live in a society where an accusation alone means guilt. Hugo, you should read the Gulag Archipelago. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, hornbri said:

I think its fucked up that you don't say "allegedly" tried to rape someone. You are so convinced it happened it is as crazy as those that are so convinced there is no way it ever happened. 

I don’t have to say allegedly when those women in the video are saying things like, “it was a long time ago”. “That’s what 17 year old boys do.” “People shouldn’t have things they did 35 years ago come back to haunt them”

Their position was even if it is true, they don’t care.

Did anyone watch the video?

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

7 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Really a chickenshit move by the Senators.  “We aren’t going to do our job because optics. “

Probably Ted Cruz’s idea since he’s the most vulnerable.

Optics has been the only thing this whole shit show has been about from the start.  You think Kamala Harris and Cory Booker's high school drama theater auditions were about anything other than optics?  

I get messages from other posters asking me how and why do I keep arguing with the usual suspects in the politics board.  They tell me it's useless no one listens to rationale.  Everyone is so delusional it is pointless.  Why bother with the hassle?   This thread is the first one to make me think they may be right.  If a conservative made a post on this board claiming that the sun rises in the east and sets in the west there would be 20 posters here in a matter of hours making counter claims.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, EMAWesome said:

Optics has been the only thing this whole shit show has been about from the start.  You think Kamala Harris and Cory Booker's high school drama theater auditions were about anything other than optics?  

I get messages from other posters asking me how and why do I keep arguing with the usual suspects in the politics board.  They tell me it's useless no one listens to rationale.  Everyone is so delusional it is pointless.  Why bother with the hassle?   This thread is the first one to make me think they may be right.  If a conservative made a post on this board claiming that the sun rises in the east and sets in the west there would be 20 posters here in a matter of hours making counter claims.

No claims.  Accusations of racism, bigotry and being a “trumpkin”.

14 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Tell me exactly when and where he raped someone because no one else can.  You and Dennison should just go ahead and have some kind of pay-per-view show where people can decide which of you two is the biggest idiot on this site.  

Just now, EMAWesome said:

Tell me exactly when and where he raped someone because no one else can.  You and Dennison should just go ahead and have some kind of pay-per-view show where people can decide which of you two is the biggest idiot on this site.  

Again, not the point I’m making.  The women in the video were basically saying even if the allegations are true, they don’t give a shit.

How is that not completely fucked up? 

I don’t know if the allegation is true or false but for the women in the video, it didn’t matter.

1 minute ago, Gil Bang said:

There are very few "conservatives" left on this board.  If you support Trump, you aren't a conservative by definition.  You're just an everyday asshole. 

I don't think you have to be a conservative or a Trump supporter to believe that there is something wrong happening here concerning the Kavanaugh nomination. This whole incident is raising questions about our whole justice system.

Just now, Gil Bang said:

There are very few "conservatives" left on this board.  If you support Trump, you aren't a conservative by definition.  You're just an everyday asshole. 

If you think what the Democrats are trying to do to Kavanaugh is kosher you aren't a conservative either.  Trump has flaws but he also has more balls than every Republican Senator combined.   Here's a tip for the Republican eunochs on Capital Hill who are so worried about how they are going to be perceived by their actions.  If you do something good the media is going to paint you as absolute evil.  If you do something bad the media is going to paint you as absolute evil.  If you cure cancer, flap your arms and fly around the moon, and walk across the Potomac River the media will still view you as anti-Christs.  Stop worrying about how you are going to be perceived, grow a set, and fight back.  The Democrats treat politics like John Gotti.  They take their opposition out back, stuff them in oil drums and throw them in the Atlantic Ocean.  You spineless fucks treat politics like Fred Rogers.   You put on your fucking sweater and sing It's a Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood while the Democrats kick you in the place your nuts are supposed to be if you had any.  As long as you keep acquiescing to every demand they make they are going to do nothing but make more demands.  This is why Trump has hijacked your party.  If Trump was in Grassley's place he would have told the Democrats and Ford to put up or shut up days ago. 

• Fuck You 1

5 minutes ago, EMAWesome said:

If you think what the Democrats are trying to do to Kavanaugh is kosher you aren't a conservative either.  Trump has flaws but he also has more balls than every Republican Senator combined.   Here's a tip for the Republican eunochs on Capital Hill who are so worried about how they are going to be perceived by their actions.  If you do something good the media is going to paint you as absolute evil.  If you do something bad the media is going to paint you as absolute evil.  If you cure cancer, flap your arms and fly around the moon, and walk across the Potomac River the media will still view you as anti-Christs.  Stop worrying about how you are going to be perceived, grow a set, and fight back.  The Democrats treat politics like John Gotti.  They take their opposition out back, stuff them in oil drums and throw them in the Atlantic Ocean.  You spineless fucks treat politics like Fred Rogers.   You put on your fucking sweater and sing It's a Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood while the Democrats kick you in the place your nuts are supposed to be if you had any.  As long as you keep acquiescing to every demand they make they are going to do nothing but make more demands.  This is why Trump has hijacked your party.  If Trump was in Grassley's place he would have told the Democrats and Ford to put up or shut up days ago. 

Trump doesn't have balls. He's a pussy.

5 minutes ago, EMAWesome said:

STABLE GENIUS 

41 minutes ago, Crusher said:

What gets me is that Grassley gave in to the condition that no Senators would be able to question Ford and that the independent council had to be woman. Have we now conceded that any man cannot be a fair arbitrator of justice in any case of sexual abuse where a woman is the victim? Will male judges have to recuse themselves in sexual assault cases? No male attorneys for the male accused in rape cases? 

Yes, assuming that every man is a monster is absurd.

2 minutes ago, used2b said:

Sorry, I was wrong. She said "tell me what boy hasn't done this in high school. I would like to know."

Oh dear.

2 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

Do you think Bill Clinton raped Juanita Broaddrick?

Took the cake, really meaning the last straw.  I think DDD dad used the same phrase.

I don't know if he did or didn't, but she seemed more credible than he, as did pretty much all the women who accused him right up to, and including Kathleen Willey.

Test your theory, spastic drama queen.

59 minutes ago, EMAWesome said:

Don't you even heliocentric model bro?

Also, Ford:

What gets me is that Grassley gave in to the condition that no Senators would be able to question Ford and that the independent council had to be woman. Have we now conceded that any man cannot be a fair arbitrator of justice in any case of sexual abuse where a woman is the victim? Will male judges have to recuse themselves in sexual assault cases? No male attorneys for the male accused in rape cases? 

The fuck are you talking about? Ford WANTED TO BE QUESTIONED BY SENATORS. The SJC is the party that requested female outside counsel. Don’t just make shit up.