Brett Kavanaugh Confirmation Thread

Hugo Stiglitz

1 hour ago, Goredho said:

........ We’ve got to get a significant number of them out of office and return to a shared balance of power.  That. is. the. only. thing. that. matters. right. fucking. now........

When I think of "shared balance of power", I think of a balance between executive, legislative and judicial.  I don't think of having a balance between the two major parties.  Maybe the monolith that is the GOP/Democratic Party is the problem?  Yay Team!!!!

PS: My personal feeling is that much of problems are due to the abrogation of any responsibility by the legislative branch.  They have substituted monetary policy for taking a stand on any reasonable fiscal policy,  legislative action gets replaced with executive orders, and our military is now used daily without any or just minimal input from Congress.  It is also my belief that to fix it (if it is fixable) is for Congress (both houses) to grow a damn backbone and worry more about their work than getting re-elected (that will take term limits), and also to return much of what is done in Washington to the individual states.

1 hour ago, Whitman said:

When I think of "shared balance of power", I think of a balance between executive, legislative and judicial.  I don't think of having a balance between the two major parties.  Maybe the monolith that is the GOP/Democratic Party is the problem?  Yay Team!!!!

PS: My personal feeling is that much of problems are due to the abrogation of any responsibility by the legislative branch.  They have substituted monetary policy for taking a stand on any reasonable fiscal policy,  legislative action gets replaced with executive orders, and our military is now used daily without any or just minimal input from Congress.  It is also my belief that to fix it (if it is fixable) is for Congress (both houses) to grow a damn backbone and worry more about their work than getting re-elected (that will take term limits), and also to return much of what is done in Washington to the individual states.

I agree. Congress does need to be its own branch.  Instead, it either fights everything an opposition President does or kneels and blows a majority President. 

Constituents need to start holding their representatives responsible for failing to represent them. Term limits would make it worse. We have the necessary remedy. Elections. We don't use that remedy properly. 

• Like 2

wrong.
the inverse could be blanketed on the left at the same time, with the alleged sanctity of life while destroying over a million American souls per anum in abortion clinics.

Don’t forget the many thousands (or more) “souls” destroyed by IVF facilities. I’m sure you are adamant about that too?

I just find it intriguing that we haven't heard a peep from her. I hope we hear from her because she's supposedly such a hero but I wouldn't be shocked if we saw the last of her. 

Smear campaign by using the #MeToo movement was unsuccessful. Go back to the drawing board, Dems. 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 2

1 hour ago, Hammock said:

What's Dr. Ford up to? 

My guess is she's been busy trying to get her life back together. Hopefully moving back in to her home, reuniting with her family, and returning to work soon. 

And since you're "just asking questions", I'll guess you're wondering why she isn't trying to file criminal charges against Kavanaugh, even though that was never her intent. She believed he was not fit to sit on the Supreme Court, that's it. But the FBI "investigation" was a sham since they never interviewed her, and the the President of the United States publicly mocked her at a rally. 

A strong woman took on the system, and the system won. Congratulations to you and the bad guys. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, lemonlime said:

Every accusation is a confession.  From a supporter of a guy who went before the Judiciary Committee and raged.

I'd like to see how you would handle having your name and family dragged through the mud by a 36 year old accusation (with no evidence) that just so happen to be timed perfectly before becoming a SC judge. Everything you worked for in your career just to be tarnished instantly by a baseless accusation. Go crap in your hand, micro-dick. 

• Like 3
  • Fuck You 5

1 minute ago, Hammock said:

I'd like to see how you would handle having your name and family dragged through the mud by a 36 year old accusation (with no evidence) that just so happen to be timed perfectly before becoming a SC judge. Everything you worked for in your career just to be tarnished instantly by a baseless accusation. Go crap in your hand, micro-dick. 

Yup, it's me who's reacting with emotion.  Thanks for proving my point.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

55 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

My guess is she's been busy trying to get her life back together. Hopefully moving back in to her home, reuniting with her family, and returning to work soon. 

And since you're "just asking questions", I'll guess you're wondering why she isn't trying to file criminal charges against Kavanaugh, even though that was never her intent. She believed he was not fit to sit on the Supreme Court, that's it. But the FBI "investigation" was a sham since they never interviewed her, and the the President of the United States publicly mocked her at a rally. 

A strong woman took on the system, and the system won. Congratulations to you and the bad guys. 

Strong women don't speak with vocal fry voices.  That was a nice little trick they used.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 5

1 minute ago, Captainant said:

Wow holy shit I hope your wife reads that lmao. You're a genuine piece of shit

She laughed at her when she heard her use that voice, so did her best girl friend, a speech pathologist who said it's a trick often used to make you sound young and innocent.

Oh and fuck you too.

• Like 3
  • Fuck You 1

Just now, Onboard 2.0 said:

She laughed at her when she heard her use that voice, so did her best girl friend, a speech pathologist who said it's a trick often used to make you sound young and innocent.

Oh and fuck you too.

No idea why a woman recounting a sexual assault that she's still going to therapy for would have a wavering voice and have difficulty publicly talking about those events. Definitely just a partisan actor trying to take down the VERY GOOD MAN bart o'kavanaugh. Listen to yourself man. You're arguing that her pain and suffering aren't real and she's just putting on an act. For fuck's sake, that's fucked up. That sort of thinking is just looking for the outcome that you want, not what reality is indicating.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Pivoting to another subject, but these GoFundMe campaigns started by strangers  to reward “heroic” people - who aren’t asking for money - need to stop. 

Fair or not, it gives the right the ammo they need to rationalize their beliefs.

Gotta disagree.  The GoFundMe didn't really reward her--it was to pay for security and the twice she had to move for death threats.

We need to stop worrying about what the Trumpkin right will use to rationalize their beliefs.  They will create ammo where there is none.  Hell, just look at this thread where they criticize her looks, her voice, and mock her fear of flying.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Pivoting to another subject, but these GoFundMe campaigns started by strangers  to reward “heroic” people - who aren’t asking for money - need to stop. 

Fair or not, it gives the right the ammo they need to rationalize their beliefs.

I wouldn't doubt there is a Trump GoFundMe or two out there.  

1 hour ago, Captainant said:

No idea why a woman recounting a sexual assault that she's still going to therapy for would have a wavering voice and have difficulty publicly talking about those events. Definitely just a partisan actor trying to take down the VERY GOOD MAN bart o'kavanaugh. Listen to yourself man. You're arguing that her pain and suffering aren't real and she's just putting on an act. For fuck's sake, that's fucked up. That sort of thinking is just looking for the outcome that you want, not what reality is indicating.

What world do you live in? Do you just believe whatever accusation gets thrown out? Good god, man. That is highly dangerous. 

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 2

1 hour ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Oh and fuck you too.

Then your wife and her best girl friend are pieces of shit too. Birds of a feather

• Like 1

Women and millenial males generally use vocal fry because they think it makes them sound more serious.  Not so that they sound "younger".

That being said, I want to kill anyone who vocal fry for the first few minutes of hearing their voice, and that included her.  

I got over it, and don't it against her.  But I'm never going to audit her class when I retire to northern CA.

Edited by tantric superman

1 hour ago, tantric superman said:

Women and millenial males generally use vocal fry because they think it makes them sound more serious.  Not so that they sound "younger".

That being said, I want to kill anyone who vocal fry for the first few minutes of hearing their voice, and that included her.  

I got over it, and don't it against her.  But I'm never going to audit her class when I retire to northern CA.

The only thing worse than vocal fry is upspeak.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tantric superman said:

Plus, to everyone who still wants to talk about Kavanaugh:

Any subsequent investigation by Congress (HJC) into the depth of his serial lying will not go unsupported by a large majority of Americans.  If he gets appropriate investigatory attention, he's in serious trouble imo.

75% of Americans think Kavanaugh lied to Congress according to this:

------>     Be pissed at GOP Senate for willful dereliction of their Constitutional duty.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Hank Kingsley said:

I thought she was under oath for hours. What other questions should she have been asked?

• Like 2

12 hours ago, lemonlime said:

Gotta disagree.  The GoFundMe didn't really reward her--it was to pay for security and the twice she had to move for death threats.

We need to stop worrying about what the Trumpkin right will use to rationalize their beliefs.  They will create ammo where there is none.  Hell, just look at this thread where they criticize her looks, her voice, and mock her fear of flyin .  

For being scared of flying she sure earned some miles.  

1 minute ago, NameWithHeld said:

I thought she was under oath for hours. What other questions should she have been asked?

Do you not think the FBI - you know, professional investigators - should have questioned her?  Shouldn't we all agree that they are a better option than that GOP appointed hack Sarah Mitchell? She was so bad that the Republican Senators took over the questioning from her.

Ford was 100% willing to speak with the FBI. Never happened. Republicans don't wan't the truth, they want to win.

2 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Do you not think the FBI - you know, professional investigators - should have questioned her?  Shouldn't we all agree that they are a better option than that GOP appointed hack Sarah Mitchell? She was so bad that the Republican Senators took over the questioning from her.

Ford was 100% willing to speak with the FBI. Never happened. Republicans don't wan't the truth, they want to win.

I’ll ask again, what other questions should she have been asked that she didn’t already answer? Seriously.