Brett Kavanaugh Confirmation Thread

Hugo Stiglitz

I’m confused by both Cajun and cajunhorn posting here. Cajun has an Anton Chigurgh avatar like the old cajunhorn from shaggy did (it’s different as the avatar on shaggy had him holding a gun) and cajunhorn has no avatar. Both of them are new posters here. If one of you is the shaggy cajunhorn welcome. This place is a pale imitation of the good old days but he is still worth wasting time on at work at times. I always liked shaggy cajunhorn. Good posts on the alcoholics thread which I appreciated when I was getting clean. 

49 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

I’m confused by both Cajun and cajunhorn posting here. Cajun has an Anton Chigurgh avatar like the old cajunhorn from shaggy did (it’s different as the avatar on shaggy had him holding a gun) and cajunhorn has no avatar. Both of them are new posters here. If one of you is the shaggy cajunhorn welcome. This place is a pale imitation of the good old days but he is still worth wasting time on at work at times. I always liked shaggy cajunhorn. Good posts on the alcoholics thread which I appreciated when I was getting clean. 

Being confused on which cajun is who just to own the libs.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Cajun said:

So, Buck asserted that the idea that it was the construct of the right wingers that the PP/Kavanaugh histrionics were over abortion rights to which I posted PP's position, pre-confirmation, nicely packaging said histrionics and you want to know what the point is? 

Ok my man, just write it off to the musings of a "get off my lawn" Surly poster with too much time on his hands.

I want you to be comfortable. 

cajun, i know you aren't terribly bright...but i think you need to revisit this thread whenever you have a better grasp of what a non sequitur is.

whatthebuck was trying to make a point passively to you...which was that the denial of cert had nothing to do with abortion.  for clarity, the decision dealt with whether or not medicaid recipients have any legal standing to challenge a state's determination of who qualifies as a medicaid provider. 

in response to buck's point, you somehow thought you would make a clever, gotcha post in which you quote an official statement from planned parenthood opposing kavanaugh's nomination because of his presumptive opposition to merits of abortion as a legal action as if it was in any way relevant.

then i asked why you thought you were making a relevant point with that quote and you said that you want me to be comfortable.

okay.

4 hours ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

every person on this thread bears a huge risk of looking like a retard in short order.  one justice made one (non-decisive) vote to not grant cert on one case, something that happens to 99% of cases.  this vote says nothing about what kind of justice he will be.

he'll be a whore for corporations and the rich, which is all the conservative movement in America exists for

Everything else is a sideshow meant to rile up the morons into voting for austerity and tax cuts for the rich

• Like 1

9 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

Downplay against what? The pro-life assertion is that PP is nothing but an abortion factory, yes? Unless the services accounting is wrong, I don't see how honest numbers like that could be considered misleading. But then again, I'm not mentally deranged.

Don’t sell yourself short.

• Like 3

I’m more curious about his votes/opinions w/r/t police procedure and the war on drugs. He has, in only a few difficult cases, consistently favored the police/governmental position.

Abortion shit seems to get a lot of conservatives wet, but the I think the ever-increasing overreach of law enforcement into our lives should get more discussion. I would think our self-styled libertarians would agree. 

3 hours ago, softlynow said:

.....Abortion shit seems to get a lot of conservatives wet, but the I think the ever-increasing overreach of law enforcement into our lives should get more discussion. I would think our self-styled libertarians would agree. 

I tend to believe sadly that much talk/gnashing of teeth/hyperbole from Washington is simply theatre on issues like abortion or immigration.  I also believe that you are correct on the serious nature of overreach by law enforcement into our lives, and as well would add in debt/pensions/SS (fiscal not monetary policy) as the big issues that should get the discussion over there inside the beltway.

• 4 months later...
On 9/28/2018 at 2:28 AM, Johnny Sack said:

Believe what you want.  We are writing the max check tomorrow.  And I’m getting all my right leaning friends and family to donate and vote.  I’ve been pretty much a slacktivist donating a few hundred here and there to politicians I like.  And always voting.  Never straight ticket   Because I especially hate that for judges.  That’s over for me.  And it is over for my wife.  Who until the last few years leaned left.  She’s evolved righter than me   

But screw it.  I’m not Jamail but donating $10k is baby shit to us.  I’d pay that to watch rats fuck.  And I’m going to get others to do the same.  I’m a small fry.  But I’m motivated now.  Going to put a sign out and get every right leaning person I know to give and vote.  

Probably won’t matter.  But it matters to me.  

Bumped to win a bet. You don’t have to leave though Sack. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Bumped to win a bet. You don’t have to leave though Sack. 

Wrong. You claimed I said I was donating $10k to every Harris County Republican in the last election.  Which is not at all what I said clearly from the post you bumped.   Here are your words:

Says the guy who gave 10k to every Harris county Republican in the last election. Did you get a good return on that investment?

Edited by Johnny Sack

14 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Wrong. You claimed I said I was donating $10k to every Harris County Republican in the last election.  Which is not at all what I said clearly from the post you bumped.   Here are your words:

Says the guy who gave 10k to every Harris county Republican in the last election. Did you get a good return on that investment?

Okay I was paraphrasing. 

On 9/28/2018 at 1:28 AM, Johnny Sack said:

Believe what you want.  We are writing the max check tomorrow.  And I’m getting all my right leaning friends and family to donate and vote.  I’ve been pretty much a slacktivist donating a few hundred here and there to politicians I like.  And always voting.  Never straight ticket   Because I especially hate that for judges.  That’s over for me.  And it is over for my wife.  Who until the last few years leaned left.  She’s evolved righter than me   

But screw it.  I’m not Jamail but donating $10k is baby shit to us.  I’d pay that to watch rats fuck.  And I’m going to get others to do the same.  I’m a small fry.  But I’m motivated now.  Going to put a sign out and get every right leaning person I know to give and vote.  

Probably won’t matter.  But it matters to me.  

You'd actually get a better ROI paying $10K to watch rats fuck than donating to Harris County GOP officials. Us big city educated folks have figured out the GOP's bullshit, take your donations to the rural counties, those hillbilly sheep are the only ones left to buy the bullshit. 

14 minutes ago, Lagunamadre said:

You'd actually get a better ROI paying $10K to watch rats fuck than donating to Harris County GOP officials. Us big city educated folks have figured out the GOP's bullshit, take your donations to the rural counties, those hillbilly sheep are the only ones left to buy the bullshit. 

1 hour ago, Lagunamadre said:

Yeah.  You guys have elected some real winners in Harris County.  They’re doing a great fucking job right now.  All the lawyers I know love the new district clerk.  She’s Sheila Jackson Lee competent.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Yeah.  You guys have elected some real winners in Harris County.  They’re doing a great fucking job right now.  All the lawyers I know love the new district clerk.  She’s Sheila Jackson Lee competent.  

Having a 28 year old who never even attended a Harris County Commissioner’s Court meeting nor actually knew much about what they did who has never had a real job before leading the 3rd largest county in the country. What can go wrong?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

You weren’t close.   I never said a word about anyone running for office in Harris County.  

The clear implication from your posts was that you were so pissed about your perception of kananaugh persecution by the dems that you were gonna start donating money exclusively to Republicans and would get others to do so and that donating 10k was nothing to you. Or are you now disputing that and supported some dems instead anyway.

3 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

So Yale undergrad and UVA law grad competent? 

25 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

The clear implication from your posts was that you were so pissed about your perception of kananaugh persecution by the dems that you were gonna start donating money exclusively to Republicans and would get others to do so and that donating 10k was nothing to you. Or are you now disputing that and supported some dems instead anyway.

You said I claimed I was going to donate $10k to every GOP candidate in Harris County.  I said nothing remotely close to that.  Admit you were wrong and move on.  

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Lagunamadre said:

So Yale undergrad and UVA law grad competent? 

She clearly got into those schools on merit.  

The woman who thinks Neal Armstrong landed on Mars.  And that North and South Vietnam are two different countries.  

You smart urban liberals keep electing her. She’s dumb and a piece of shit.  Nice work. 

4 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

She clearly got into those schools on merit.  

The woman who thinks Neal Armstrong landed on Mars.  And that North and South Vietnam are two different countries.  

You smart urban liberals keep electing her. She’s dumb and a piece of shit.  Nice work. 

And yet you worship a guy who thinks windmills cause cancer and who doesn't know how tariffs work. 

44 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Yeah, because Chris Daniel had it all going on.