Brett Kavanaugh Confirmation Thread

Hugo Stiglitz

Surly libs how do you respond to this:
“Countless articles have been written about how Judge Kavanaugh “lied” about his high-school and college drinking at the hearing, thereby calling into question his honesty. These articles claim the judge portrayed himself as a “choirboy” who, in the words of the New York Times, enjoyed “a beer or two as a high school and college student.” Then they hit back with quotes from college acquaintances who say they saw the judge drink quite a lot.
This is known in the business as a straw man. Judge Kavanaugh never claimed he always drank in moderation. To the contrary, he admitted, “Sometimes I had too many beers.” If Judge Kavanaugh’s opponents want to claim he lied about his drinking when he was younger, perhaps they should stop lying about what he actually said.
A slightly different straw man concerns Judge Kavanaugh’s statements at the hearing that he never blacked out from drinking. The Times and others have gathered testimonials from classmates who say they heard the judge “slur his words” and saw him “staggering” from alcohol consumption, as if this were proof that he blacked out from drinking. But of course Judge Kavanaugh never denied that he slurred his words or staggered. He said he never blacked out. Even a teetotaling Mormon knows the difference.”
I allow you all a chance to respond. He completely eviscerated all of the bullshit moving goalposts garbage that was thrown. Beautiful 

Attribute the quote that you pasted.

5 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Ford claims he was very drunk. She has provided zero evidence other than her testimony. 

Kavanaugh claims he was not drunk. He has provided zero evidence other than his testimony. 

Witnesses have come to support both sides with testimonials. 

How does anyone prove another person blacked out? Does slurring words equal a blackout? Does falling down equal a blackout? 

It's all about credibility when it's a he-said she-said.  He lied like a motherfucker about a ton of shit.  Why should I believe somebody that tells me that they've never been blackout drunk when they have just lied about everything from a Devil's Triangle to having no connection to Yale?

2 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

As a member of one of these churches, I’m disgusted by their action. Rushing to judgment and casting stones. Hypocrites

Don't burn your church down like you did your Nikes and coffee maker. You can't enlighten my liberal cabal from inside a jail cell. 

4 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

As a member of one of these churches, I’m disgusted by their action. Rushing to judgment and casting stones. Hypocrites

Just yesterday you admonished another poster for being a half-breed who can barely speak three words of Farsi, yet you want us to believe you're concerned about the linguistic changes posed by immigrants.

What's this about hypocrites?

5 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

I’m saying that the American people never voted or passed a referendum agreeing to a massive increase in the foreign born population with the resultant ethnic, economic  and linguistic changes that it has wrought. Look what’s happening in Germany and Sweden and the discomfort brought by massive Muslim migration. Let me fill you in on something, all of this shit has helped strain all of these societies. 

So why are you here? What makes you and your family different? When are you packing your bags and getting the fuck out? As a country, we certainly cant be better off allowing mentally disabled slapdicks like you and your brother?

28 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

I thought he was great. Relatable to the common man. You know who also had righteous anger like Kavanaugh. Jesus when he threw the money changers out of the Temple 

If there was any doubt that this guy was trolling this post eliminates it. 

14 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

Let’s see:

1. Wage stagnation for low skilled native born population.

All poor Joey down the street wanted to do was pick corn for $5/hr. but those damn Mexicans took his job. Now he has to work at Amazon and make $15/hr. Poor Joey. 

15 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Ford claims he was very drunk. She has provided zero evidence other than her testimony. 

Kavanaugh claims he was not drunk. He has provided zero evidence other than his testimony. 

Witnesses have come to support both sides with testimonials. 

How does anyone prove another person blacked out? Does slurring words equal a blackout? Does falling down equal a blackout? 

You and I have both seen people passed out drunk.  You and I have both seen people drunk and made the comment "don't worry--he won't remember any of this in the morning."  I don't think you need expert testimony on that; we all have enough lay observational experience to opine on when someone is so drunk that s/he isn't going to remember it in the morning.

34 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

I’m not a social conservative so don’t want Christian sharia. 

17 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

Let’s see:

1. Wage stagnation for low skilled native born population.

2. Strain on educational, health, transportation and other public services.

3. Environmental degradation.

worrying about the needs of the poor used to be kind of a liberal deal.

So you are not a social conservative, you are concerned about low wages for the poor, over burdened social services, and worry about the environment.  This  naturally led you be a unwaivering supporter of  today’s GOP??  Let me guess, it’s because you are also worried about the national debt.   Lutz.

5 minutes ago, Lagunamadre said:

All poor Joey down the street wanted to do was pick corn for $5/hr. but those damn Mexicans took his job. Now he has to work at Amazon and make $15/hr. Poor Joey. 

Most Mexicans wont take those jobs anymore. Got to get the Hondurans to do it. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

I’m saying that the American people never voted or passed a referendum agreeing to a massive increase in the foreign born population with the resultant ethnic, economic  and linguistic changes that it has wrought. Look what’s happening in Germany and Sweden and the discomfort brought by massive Muslim migration. Let me fill you in on something, all of this shit has helped strain all of these societies. 

So what are your thoughts on your own family's immigration into the United States?  Are you intellectually honest enough to actually discuss it?

20 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

I might come around on kicking some brown people out if we can start and finish the job with you.

1 minute ago, jimmyjazz said:

So what are your thoughts on your own family's immigration into the United States?  Are you intellectually honest enough to actually discuss it?

Im guessing it’s like the Cubans. Exemptions and green cards and citizenship for me, but not for anyone else. 

17 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

Well your churchmates  would probably be disgusted by your use of hard drugs and propensity to suck random dick. You guys should call it even and move on.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

55 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

Please read Tucker’s book. Does a great job of talking about how both parties have failed the country. The demographic changes wrought by low-skilled immigrants is something neither party until Trump was willing to address. I’m not a social conservative so don’t want Christian sharia. Read about Cesar Chavez and what he thought about illegals what slur he called them. The GOP has a vitality and grass roots support that’s exciting to see

I mean, we let you post here, so obviously we aren't opposed to low skill immigrants. 

A guy at a party at our apartment at UT chugged a pint of rye whiskey, and then toppled like a tree, face first, without bending his knees or waist.  He did not come to.  He was O-U-T.

The guy had a speech impediment, and later kept saying "I can't believe I drank that whole bottle of Old Overholt".

Edited by MixtyMotions

1 hour ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I really wish Avenatti would have messaged “gang rape” better.  Every Republican can’t stop saying “gang rape” now, which is weird.

why not “group rape” or “rape party” or “multi-male non-consentual sex”

Actually none of those sound good either. 

Nevermind.

Double penetrated. It’s a simultaneous thing. 

4 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I’ve been in situations with extremely drunk friends when it was debated on intentionally knocking someone out to prevent him from hurting himself or others. 

That's not the reason they wanted to knock you out, you loon.

12 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

Nothing in that article screams "discredited".  Try harder.  I'm not saying she's telling the truth, but the idea that an inability to find positive corroboration (no denials, just no corroboration) means "didn't happen" is fucking lunacy.  Predictable, though.

3 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

LOL..... Flake's last legacy?  A fake investigation and then vote.....

He'll sip some cheap Merlot tomorrow night while staring into a faux fire  in his Georgetown apartment. Soft guttural sounds. Then he'll vote Yes on Friday.

Edited by retread

1 minute ago, jimmyjazz said:

Nothing in that article screams "discredited".  Try harder.  I'm not saying she's telling the truth, but the idea that an inability to find positive corroboration (no denials, just no corroboration) means "didn't happen" is fucking lunacy.  Predictable, though.

What do you think of changing and watering down your story?

50 minutes ago, scottsins said:

Attribute the quote that you pasted.

It’s from the Orrin Hatch column I posted earlier from the WSJ. Isn’t going to thank me for posting shit from the WSJ? Most of you poors probably don’t have a subscription. Most satisfying money I spend every month

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

Senators will be able to read the FBI report beginning tomorrow morning

From CNN's Dana Bash and Manu Raju

Senators will start reading the FBI's investigation summaries on Brett Kavanaugh at 8 a.m. ET Thursday, Senate sources said.

Senate Judiciary Chairman Chuck Grassley will read the summaries first, followed by Dianne Feinstein, the top Democrat on the committee. 

Sources say the Senate may physically receive the investigation summaries tonight, but the reading starts Thursday morning.

3 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

And none of that addresses the point of the conversation, which was the claim that a political party has a line of false accusers lined up to take on any opposing party nominee. You are the one who is bringing in the idea that ferocity of opposition to the nominee would determine whether or not they use those tactics. The claim under discussion is specifically that they will use those tactics for any nominee by the opposing party.

I'm not claiming some crazy conspiracy in which Ford is a paid actor or planted/hired by the democrats.  I'm making a general claim that people and groups will take more extreme measures and actions based on the severity of the circumstances.  If a person gets into a heated argument with a friend, he may be willing to get into a fist fight but would be unwilling to hit him with a bat.  That same person may be willing to hit a home intruder over the head with a bat.  In war, the US is typically unwilling to launch nukes; under extreme circumstances we would be.  The tactics one is willing to use obviously vary based on the circumstances.  Gorsuch and Kavanaugh were different circumstances and this was evident from the very beginning of the Kavanaugh nomination and is evident with just a cursory review of the situations.  The argument that some activity is not an employable tactic by a group because they were unwilling to use the same tactic in a less desperate situation is a bad argument. 

4 minutes ago, Aphelion said:

I'm not claiming some crazy conspiracy in which Ford is a paid actor or planted/hired by the democrats.  I'm making a general claim that people and groups will take more extreme measures and actions based on the severity of the circumstances.  If a person gets into a heated argument with a friend, he may be willing to get into a fist fight but would be unwilling to hit him with a bat.  That same person may be willing to hit a home intruder over the head with a bat.  In war, the US is typically unwilling to launch nukes; under extreme circumstances we would be.  The tactics one is willing to use obviously vary based on the circumstances.  Gorsuch and Kavanaugh were different circumstances and this was evident from the very beginning of the Kavanaugh nomination and is evident with just a cursory review of the situations.  The argument that some activity is not an employable tactic by a group because they were unwilling to use the same tactic in a less desperate situation is a bad argument. 

So you’re making a mush meaningless argument to somehow argue the dems are treating Kavanaugh differently to a different standard than gorsuch. Basically an argument that nobody could refute because there’s nothing really to argue against. 

Well thanks for your contribution. I guess if gorsuch gets accused of raping someone soon your take might make a little bit of sense. 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

20 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I'm not saying she's telling the truth, but the idea that an inability to find positive corroboration (no denials, just no corroboration) means "didn't happen" is fucking lunacy.  Predictable, though.

But, but that's how the prospective Supreme Court Justice made the argument. You can't argue with that. He's going to be on the Supreme Court; he's the best we got.