2018 game 1 thread :: Texas @ Maryland :: Exiting the Wilderness

Hagbard Celine

5 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Also, can someone tell me why this game is being played at Fedex Stadium? This is a terrible atmosphere. Play this game at the campus. All these college games going to these neutral sites are terrible. Takes away from the pageantry of what separates college from the NFL. 

And no one is there which is completely absurd for the opening game of the season.

1 minute ago, taybo20 said:

Not to mention the stadium itself is fucking garbage. It’s a straight up shit hole with worse sight lines than the cotton bowl. There are multiple seats where pillars block the view of the field. Of course it hardly matters at this game since the stadium is about 30% full

I'd like to see a good reasoning behind this. Why would Maryland want this? Its not like they were going to come even close to selling out that stadium. UT fans are not going to make up the difference with the game being that far away and at 11am. I remember when OU played Cincinnati earlier this decade, they did the same. They played where the Bengals did and it was a terrible atmosphere. Besides a very select few games (Texas/OU, Florida/Georgia), games need to be played at the campuses. Fuck all these games at these pro stadium domes every year.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Capn81 said:

Yes, you fucking dunce. But having the points now gives you the advantage of still being in the game. If Maryland scores, you have to score twice late. Always take the fucking points early dipshit.

but you fucking idiot it DOESNT MATTER as you still have to fucking convert. which we obviously wouldnt have done anyway.      Stop being a dipshit.    waiting for the 4th quarter for going for 2 is a terrible old school mind set.   no matter what, it has to be converted at some time.   so if it ISNT-  wouldnt you rather know that early so you can game plan accordingly knowing you need an extra score somewhere?  

what good does waiting until the end of the game to "have a chance to tie" and you miss the chance?    go for it early, and if it doesnt work, you know you need to fucking score twice and prepare for it.

but no, you want to have the hope of a chance of a tie, that doesnt mean shit if we cant convert the 2 point play-  which, STUNNINGLY for the 4th straight year, we dont have a fucking 2 point play that works.   

we would have missed it anyway, so this just lets us know we need to get at least a FG to take the lead, and pray they dont score a TD

• Like 2

Targeting in college football results in a 15-yard penalty and automatic ejection of a player who commits the foul after the penalty is looked at by replay officials. If the targeting penatly occurs in the game's second half, that player will also sit out the first half of the next game.

okay, you guys are right. It was in the first half so just this game.

but you fucking idiot it DOESNT MATTER as you still have to fucking convert. which we obviously wouldnt have done anyway.      Stop being a dipshit.    waiting for the 4th quarter for going for 2 is a terrible old school mind set.   no matter what, it has to be converted at some time.   so if it ISNT-  wouldnt you rather know that early so you can game plan accordingly knowing you need an extra score somewhere?  
what good does waiting until the end of the game to "have a chance to tie" and you miss the chance?    go for it early, and if it doesnt work, you know you need to fucking score twice and prepare for it.
but no, you want to have the hope of a chance of a tie, that doesnt mean shit if we cant convert the 2 point play-  which, STUNNINGLY for the 4th straight year, we dont have a fucking 2 point play that works.   
we would have missed it anyway, so this just lets us know we need to get at least a FG to take the lead, and pray they dont score a TD

You are clearly an idiot who has no idea of what it is to keep your team in it late. I told myself I wasn’t going argue with idiots in 2019, but I just decided to start that resolution early.

1 minute ago, Snacks said:

we are very slow. how is that possible?

We're not slow. 
We have several explosive backs but don't design plays to really maximize that. We rely on our O line to make holes (questionable) or the backs to break a tackle to make big plays. Occasionally it happens, but our plays are very slow to develop.
Sam isn't fast. That slows our option plays. He's also got a long release and doesn't go through his progressions quickly. That slows our pass plays.

We work best in up-tempo. So naturally we aren't going up-tempo.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

I'd like to see a good reasoning behind this. Why would Maryland want this? Its not like they were going to come even close to selling out that stadium. UT fans are not going to make up the difference with the game being that far away and at 11am. I remember when OU played Cincinnati earlier this decade, they did the same. They played where the Bengals did and it was a terrible atmosphere. Besides a very select few games (Texas/OU, Florida/Georgia), games need to be played at the campuses. Fuck all these games at these pro stadium domes every year.

All about money, three way Texas/Redskin/Maryland deal. 

1 minute ago, Capn81 said:

You are clearly an idiot who has no idea of what it is to keep your team in it late. I told myself I wasn’t going argue with idiots in 2019, but I just decided to start that resolution early.

its not a tough concept. but obviously you are living in the past where no one goes for 2 until its 1 min left in the game. 

going for 2  TO TIE THE GAME was the right call, and still was the right call with the miss.    

the issue is, Mensa didnt do a fucking run/pass option for Sam - you know the QB who does a pretty good job running for 3-5 yards at a time