2018 game 1 thread :: Texas @ Maryland :: Exiting the Wilderness

Hagbard Celine

9 minutes ago, RockyMountainHighHorn said:

I would just like to say that the post about Ingram being the only good part isn't true at all. Sterns played real well, jones did too. I even thought shark stepped up nice. 

The bright side is the freshmen and young guys played well. The only one that looked like shit was Ehlinger. The problem is if we have another shit season like last year and if Jimbo has any juice we won't be able to recruit that well again this year. We have to hope that Herman can ducking evaluate talent like a boss and find the hidden gems. 

• Like 3

I mean like that's a bit much. I wish the coaching staff would take this shit seriously though and remember that they played fucking Maryland.

I which one of our players--say Kyle Porter-- would've died in the offseason from heat exhaustion. So at least I would know they were doing shit.

1 minute ago, FizzleFish said:

I missed the first quarter+. I don’t remember seeing either side of the ball play with any speed. Maybe that first td I missed.

Maryland's backs - like last year were much, much better, speedier, and smarter.  I mean much. Very much.  Especially in the first quarter.  Overall team speed?  Meh.  Running backs?  Head and shoulders above any of ours in quickly hitting the holes, seeing them, making cuts, etc. 

They wore down a little in the game until the delay.  Texas only came out once in that hurry up offense and it looked like some decent, quick-hitting aliens invaded their bodies and they went right down the field.  But then those beings left their bodies and took off in their flying saucers for their home planet, and plodding Texas came back, especially after the delay.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Junior Miller said:

The bright side is the freshmen and young guys played well. The only one that looked like shit was Ehlinger. The problem is if we have another shit season like last year and if Jimbo has any juice we won't be able to recruit that well again this year. We have to hope that Herman can ducking evaluate talent like a boss and find the hidden gems. 

Maryland’s true freshmen outplayed Texas in every shape, way and form. Their kids > Texas’ kids.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bevojoe said:

I don’t understand that. We haven’t been relevant since 2009.

Its probably because every year we act like we have a chance to turn it around and fail miserably in the first game.  "1-0" should never be a motto of any fucking team.  Especially not one led by mensa herman derp.

Edited by DiceHands
  • Like 1

Just now, TexasMan said:

Because Joe Tessitore once yelled "TEXAS IS BACK FOLKS" after a victory 

2 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

That's what perplexed me. Porter over Carter? The fuq?

They used Porter in the most likely way he is suited for. Short yardage. Toe nail puts the ball on the ground.

7 minutes ago, phdhorn said:

Maryland's backs - like last year were much, much better, speedier, and smarter.  I mean much. Very much.  Especially in the first quarter.  Overall team speed?  Meh.  Running backs?  Head and shoulders above any of ours in quickly hitting the holes, seeing them, making cuts, etc. 

They wore down a little in the game until the delay.  Texas only came out once in that hurry up offense and it looked like some decent, quick-hitting aliens invaded their bodies and they went right down the field.  But then those beings left their bodies and took off in their flying saucers for their home planet, and plodding Texas came back, especially after the delay.

Their backs had play calls that put them in a position to succeed. Ours did not.  Their receivers expected to catch the ball and run after the catch. Ours looked surprised to get a reception. Because of this both their backs and receivers looked faster and more engaged. That is not representative of reality. It’s representative of shit coaching. We are a reactive team under Herman, and I find it puzzling and very troubling. 

Anybody who says, "It's just Maryland" should be kicked in the teeth. 
Maryland is a better football team, especially coaching-wise, than Texas.
Maryland takes 2 and 3 star players and makes them competitive FBS-level athletes. 
Texas takes 4 and a few 5 star players and makes them worse over 4 years.  Except those who say "fuck it, I'm going to get better anyway."

Then they all go and get themselves drafted and play fucking lights out amazingly.

59 minutes ago, Jester’s Inn said:

If Shane is worse than Sam, let's start the freshman!   Also, my nickname for Sam is now scarecrow from the Wiz of Oz.  That boy has no brains.

Shane is obviously not worse at passing then Sam but Mensa wants a running qb at all times...

6 minutes ago, Rex Kramer said:

Their backs had play calls that put them in a position to succeed. Ours did not.  Their receivers expected to catch the ball and run after the catch. Ours looked surprised to get a reception. Because of this both their backs and receivers looked faster and more engaged. That is not representative of reality. It’s representative of shit coaching. We are a reactive team under Herman, and I find it puzzling and very troubling. 

Oh, I agree, with the caveat that after 3 years at Texas, many backs just  become shitty anyway due to the coaching.  They coach the ability right outta them.

1 minute ago, Hook1997 said:

Shane is obviously not worse at passing then Sam but Mensa wants a running qb at all times...

Sam's accuracy is just awful right now - even on screens and dump offs to wide open backs. And, he barely ran anyway - the decisions to abandon the speed option after two uses for 10+ yard per try and leaving Ingram on the bench in favor of motherfucking Kyle Porter were absolutely infuriating.

They should have at least given Shane a chance. I doubt it would have been much worse. If so, then it's time try Rising or maybe even Thompson. That shit today was an absolute embarrassment.

• Like 1

Yeah but apparently I’m a pussy for saying this. Seems like we need a game of no consequence to figure out what the fuck we’re doing 

They scheduled Maryland and Tulsa. You pussies are acting like we play Bama and Clemson to open the season. If you want to schedule directional state university for the blind and crippled, then yes, that’s pussy.

12 minutes ago, phdhorn said:

Anybody who says, "It's just Maryland" should be kicked in the teeth. 
Maryland is a better football team, especially coaching-wise, than Texas.
Maryland takes 2 and 3 star players and makes them competitive FBS-level athletes. 
Texas takes 4 and a few 5 star players and makes them worse over 4 years.  Except those who say "fuck it, I'm going to get better anyway."

Then they all go and get themselves drafted and play fucking lights out amazingly.

How does this keep happening? 

34 minutes ago, Publiushorn said:

I which one of our players--say Kyle Porter-- would've died in the offseason from heat exhaustion. So at least I would know they were doing shit.

I've never actually negged anyone before because I think it's stupid. You just changed my mind. Why don't you step away from the keyboard and go find something constructive to do. Like switch loyalty to tOSU, aggy, OU, or Penn State. I have a feeling you'd fit in a lot better with one of those fan bases, you stupid fucking twat.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1